Welcome To aBlackWeb

Opinions You Keep to Yourself...

This is what I would say to someone trying to argue and prove that my spiritual beliefs are wrong...

You don't believe in God? That's ok, but why is it so important for many of you to mock those of us that do? If we're wrong, what have we lost when we die? Nothing! How does our faith in Jesus Christ bring you any harm? You think it makes me stupid? Gullible? Ignorant? That's ok too. How does that affect you? If you're wrong your consequence is far worse. I would rather live my life believing in God and serving Him, and find out I was right, than not believe in Him and not serve Him, and find out I was wrong. Then it's too late.
Ain't no shame in my game! I believe in Jesus Christ. He said deny me in front of your friends & I will deny you in front of my Father.

The laws in this country were created by Christian men and follow Christian values and beliefs. This Divine Law molded our very own laws, and the Christian will is repeatedly pushed on society whether we are Christian ourselves or not. A truly free society does not follow the values of one religion, it would strip away anything having to do with that religion and base it's laws around simple human morality which, incidentally, is nearly universal amongst all faiths.

The Christian right fights tirelessly against abortion rights for women. If they were successful, which they were prior to Roe vs Wade, you would have to leave the country to have one or find some off the radar "doctor" to have one done.

Most municipalities in this country has laws against being able to buy alcohol on Sunday because it is the Christian Sabbath (never mind that y'all are absolutely incorrect about that, but that's a debate for another day). Sale of alcohol is 100% prohibited or limited to after 12pm due to this. There are whole counties still in 2018 that are "dry counties" and are that way because some Bible thumper convinced everyone that alcohol consumption is sinful, so those that don't feel that way are forced to drive elsewhere to get it. A non-Christian shouldn't have to abide by this, but they're forced to do so because Christians put those laws on the books.

If you have homosexual family members or close friends your Christianity-based laws affected them as well. Every anti-homosexual law ever written came straight from Christians that drafted it, passed it into law, enforced it, and shot down every challenge to it.

Shit, for that matter, we can go with the simple day-to-day annoyances: Several times a month I got Christians knocking at my door during the day, while I'm working, shoving pamphlets, magazines, and other shit in my face asking if I want to hear the word of God. When I'm out and about, I can't go too far without someone walking up on me shoving a card, flier, or something at me asking to come to their church or whatever. I'm polite most of the time, but if I'm focused on a task (usually when I'm at home working) and that focus is broken because someone can't keep their religion to themselves then I get agitated and I'm very vocal about that shit.

Muslims, Jews, Bah'ais, Hindus, Shintos, other Buddhists, etc don't do this. Only Christians.

That's how it affects not only me, but everyone else.

The laws in this country were created by Christian men and follow Christian values and beliefs. This Divine Law molded our very own laws, and the Christian will is repeatedly pushed on society whether we are Christian ourselves or not. A truly free society does not follow the values of one religion, it would strip away anything having to do with that religion and base it's laws around simple human morality which, incidentally, is nearly universal amongst all faiths.

The Christian right fights tirelessly against abortion rights for women. If they were successful, which they were prior to Roe vs Wade, you would have to leave the country to have one or find some off the radar "doctor" to have one done.

Most municipalities in this country has laws against being able to buy alcohol on Sunday because it is the Christian Sabbath (never mind that y'all are absolutely incorrect about that, but that's a debate for another day). Sale of alcohol is 100% prohibited or limited to after 12pm due to this. There are whole counties still in 2018 that are "dry counties" and are that way because some Bible thumper convinced everyone that alcohol consumption is sinful, so those that don't feel that way are forced to drive elsewhere to get it. A non-Christian shouldn't have to abide by this, but they're forced to do so because Christians put those laws on the books.

If you have homosexual family members or close friends your Christianity-based laws affected them as well. Every anti-homosexual law ever written came straight from Christians that drafted it, passed it into law, enforced it, and shot down every challenge to it.

Shit, for that matter, we can go with the simple day-to-day annoyances: Several times a month I got Christians knocking at my door during the day, while I'm working, shoving pamphlets, magazines, and other shit in my face asking if I want to hear the word of God. When I'm out and about, I can't go too far without someone walking up on me shoving a card, flier, or something at me asking to come to their church or whatever. I'm polite most of the time, but if I'm focused on a task (usually when I'm at home working) and that focus is broken because someone can't keep their religion to themselves then I get agitated and I'm very vocal about that shit.

Muslims, Jews, Bah'ais, Hindus, Shintos, other Buddhists, etc don't do this. Only Christians.

That's how it affects not only me, but everyone else.

I never once mentioned Christianity just my beliefs?

But not all Christians are the same.
There are different beliefs for different people you do know this right?

Don't know whether this is unpopular or not, but I really don't see the big deal about the possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned.

Abortion, for the most part, is only being used for birth control anyway, and.........with all the other birth control options available (morning after pill, surgical patch in the arm, etc).......there really isn't any legitimate reason for an abortion unless the pregnancy endangers the mother's life.

I never once mentioned Christianity just my beliefs?

But not all Christians are the same.
There are different beliefs for different people you do know this right?

You can't separate a belief in Jesus from Christianity; that's the entire core of the entire religion. You can't simply say "I believe in Jesus Christ" and not follow his teachings; Matthew 5 speaks on this quite thoroughly. If you speak with your mouth that Jesus is your lord and savior, then you are a Christian, and you must adhere to the Mosaic Laws God passed to Moses. Again, Matthew 5 is extremely explicit when it comes to this.

Don't know whether this is unpopular or not, but I really don't see the big deal about the possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned.

Abortion, for the most part, is only being used for birth control anyway, and.........with all the other birth control options available (morning after pill, surgical patch in the arm, etc).......there really isn't any legitimate reason for an abortion unless the pregnancy endangers the mother's life.

And that is why Roe vs Wade is necessary. It covers all bases. Plan B doesn't always work, and if it was an "oops" situation where she was on the pill, the condom broke, and she still wound up pregnant then an abortion is necessary if they don't want to continue with the pregnancy.

The whole not wanting a baby thing? I mean abortion aint used as birth control cmon now.

You can't separate a belief in Jesus from Christianity; that's the entire core of the entire religion. You can't simply say "I believe in Jesus Christ" and not follow his teachings; Matthew 5 speaks on this quite thoroughly. If you speak with your mouth that Jesus is your lord and savior, then you are a Christian, and you must adhere to the Mosaic Laws God passed to Moses. Again, Matthew 5 is extremely explicit when it comes to this.

It also states as long as you serve him that is what matters. It’s not about going to church it’s about believing in him and putting him first in your life.

Everybody knows the Bible has been changed from the Old Testament.
So for me it’s about what I pointed out to you above.

Also I did say not all Christians have the same beliefs.
It’s just reality and the way things are.

There are so many different types of Christians.
There are some that go to church but still judge others and that’s just one example. Js

Last edited:
Religion is bullshit and people are brainwashed into believing that goofy shit. I have plenty of facts to prove it, which is in the history and origins of these religions, but what's the point?

Religion is bullshit and people are brainwashed into believing that goofy shit. I have plenty of facts to prove it, which is in the history and origins of these religions, but what's the point?
That’s your opinion sir and I won’t knock it cause it’s yours and not mine to knock...

The proof is there, but people will deny the obvious. A classic symptom of brainwashing. Thank you though.

Just as there are things that have happened that makes me believe in him there might be some that make you not believe.

To each their own though.

I don’t judge anybody on their beliefs cause we are all different and that’s just how things are and will continue to be I’m sure.

Ya welcome.

It also states as long as you serve him that is what matters. It’s not about going to church it’s about believing in him and putting him first in your life.

Everybody knows the Bible has been changed from the Old Testament.
So for me it’s about what I pointed out to you above.

Also I did say not all Christians have the same beliefs.
It’s just reality and the way things are.

There are so many different types of Christians.
There are some that go to church but still judge others and that’s just one example. Js

I will write this and let it go from this point:

Jesus explicitly state that you are to follow the Mosaic Law, as written in the OT, as a follower of Him and you are to never, ever teach or so much as suggest that anyone follow anything other than that law . THAT is putting him first in your life. That is the very definition of serving Him in the Biblical context. without that, you do not serve him no matter what you think or believe. It's not even up for debate either: These are the words directly from Jesus in Matthew as well as Luke. Matthew 5, 6, and 7 and Luke 6 lay it all out as plain as day and it's the core of Christianity. It's a difficult undertaking to truly serve him in this manner which is why 99.99999999999999% of all Christians fail in this regard. Paradoxically, a devoted Jew would be closer to serving Him than any Christian because they do follow the Mosaic Law just as Jesus himself did.

Just to give you an example: The Sabbath, which an extremely small number of Christians actually observe correctly, is one such point of contention. The average Christian has been deluded into believing that it is Sunday; it isn't and Sunday is a pagan day for worship. When you point this out the response is that it doesn't matter but that would be a falsehood and in saying that you go against the teaching of the Word, thus doing precisely what Jesus himself states you shouldn't do:

Matthew 5:19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

God's commandment was to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. The 7th day of the week isn't Sunday, that's the first day of the week. It's Saturday, as kept by Jews and 7th Day Adventists. This was changed by the pagan emperor of Rome, Constantine, in an effort to consolidate his pagan beliefs (held by the bulk of Romans) and those of the Christians, who's beliefs he claimed to have converted to. The Sabbath was then moved and ever since Christians have been calling a day dedicated to worshiping the sun the Sabbath. This isn't opinion, it's recorded history.

Without following Jesus' instruction, you're not putting him first in your life.

"... And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great..." - Luke 6:46-49

I keep my opinion of ABW and its members to myself because I don't want no smoke

Tired are the shoulders of this mod

Being black doesn't mean shit cuz yall wanna claim every fuckin body and their mama.

Nobody gives a fuck about the clubs anyone can join it's the ones that limit who can be apart that gain the allure.

Stop giving away our struggle for others to appropriate for their own purposes so easy!

I will write this and let it go from this point:

Jesus explicitly state that you are to follow the Mosaic Law, as written in the OT, as a follower of Him and you are to never, ever teach or so much as suggest that anyone follow anything other than that law . THAT is putting him first in your life. That is the very definition of serving Him in the Biblical context. without that, you do not serve him no matter what you think or believe. It's not even up for debate either: These are the words directly from Jesus in Matthew as well as Luke. Matthew 5, 6, and 7 and Luke 6 lay it all out as plain as day and it's the core of Christianity. It's a difficult undertaking to truly serve him in this manner which is why 99.99999999999999% of all Christians fail in this regard. Paradoxically, a devoted Jew would be closer to serving Him than any Christian because they do follow the Mosaic Law just as Jesus himself did.

Just to give you an example: The Sabbath, which an extremely small number of Christians actually observe correctly, is one such point of contention. The average Christian has been deluded into believing that it is Sunday; it isn't and Sunday is a pagan day for worship. When you point this out the response is that it doesn't matter but that would be a falsehood and in saying that you go against the teaching of the Word, thus doing precisely what Jesus himself states you shouldn't do:

Matthew 5:19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

God's commandment was to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. The 7th day of the week isn't Sunday, that's the first day of the week. It's Saturday, as kept by Jews and 7th Day Adventists. This was changed by the pagan emperor of Rome, Constantine, in an effort to consolidate his pagan beliefs (held by the bulk of Romans) and those of the Christians, who's beliefs he claimed to have converted to. The Sabbath was then moved and ever since Christians have been calling a day dedicated to worshiping the sun the Sabbath. This isn't opinion, it's recorded history.

Without following Jesus' instruction, you're not putting him first in your life.

"... And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great..." - Luke 6:46-49

Yes to everything you said and that is why I try my hardest to follow his laws.
My sabbath isn’t Sunday it is Saturday but nowhere does it say go to church but it does say to put him first and know that Jesus is my savior.

Some of you have been familiar with me for a few years now, from the IC to ABW. I say that to say that I believe you would not think of me as pushy. I'm typically happy to talk Bible, however I don't belabor it. If I do engage and it is rejected, I have no issue "shaking the dust from my feet" and leaving that discussion alone. That said, don't expect a lot of back and forth as many of you have made your points loud and clear. I don't suspect I'm going to change any of your minds. I just want to submit a few thoughts based on what I've read here.

Noah did not have to get every single type of animal in the ark, but rather every kind. That is probably more aligned with genus or something more broad than it is with individual species. Furthermore, these there have been from among the land animals and some birds that were in some proximity to where the ark was being built. We are most likely taking about thousands of animals, not hundreds of thousands or millions.

The Jonah narrative states that God prepared the fish (Jon. 1:17). The miraculous was obviously in play there. I would suspect they was a one of a kind fish that had a specific purpose. The miraculous, when it did happen, can't be explained nor disregarded with arguments based on nature as by definition the natural had been suspended.

The definition of faith is not "belief without evidence." To the contrary, faith requires evidence. God never asks nor demands anyone to just believe without showing them something first. In fact, we have a whole Bible that is meant to build faith in what God will do by revealing to us what God has done..."faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the word or God" (Rom. 10:17). Faith also works. Someone made a great point about folk praying then doing nothing while they wait on God. That's foolishness. God gave us the tools we need to do whatever we desire, faith requires us to get up and use those tools...if I pray for a job, I need to follow that prayer by putting in some applications and preparing myself to be interviewed. Simply put, faith works. Just check out Hebrews 11 and notice that because of faith all of those people "did."

I agree that folk should question everything. I encourage that, the people I worship with at the church of Christ, encourage that.

The Old Testament is "for our learning" (Romans 15:4). That law is not in place anymore, as it was nailed to the cross (Colossians 2:14). There is a new will, or testament that we live under now (Hebrews 9:16). Now, much of what was in that old law was repeated in the New Testament, but not all of it. One of the things never again repeated as a rule was the keeping of the Sabbath, but rather we are told on several occasions that Christians gathered together "on the first day of the week" (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2)...in the New Testament the Sabbath became an allegory prefiguring the rest that awaits the faithful when their time on earth has ended (Hebrews 4:1-11).

Some other things:

Race as we use it is false. There is no other race other than human. Another race would be if there were such a thing as orcs or elves. We are all the same. When applied to anything other than human, "race" can't even be accurately defined. You can't base it on skin color, hair texture, blood type not nor anything else folk like to consider when talking race as none of those things belong to any one group of people.

We need to stop grouping people based on superficial stuff and pretending that everyone who looks a certain way, votes a certain way or whatever has the same motivations, thoughts, intents and etc. We could go a long way as a people if we looked at folk as individuals and judged them as such based on their own actions, deeds and character.

I believe we do far more to harm ourselves or hold ourselves back than any other person or entity.

Reactions: Az
I gotta home boy that . He gets so obsessive like it's his destiny to pull the cover from everybody's head

Like he has no concept of anything other than trying to prove the Bible wrong.

At the end of the day it's just an assortment of stories and philosophies. We all take something different from them. With Noahs story, I think the message was dealing with following gods will even when it don't make sense to you. Which is old testament, which is where a lot of Bible thumpers get on.
the interesting thing......
im going to make a thread soon....

the bible is actually very right and on point but its the hollywood version of what happened with biased controlling undertones.
people arent doing the proper research with whats there. im in awe of what i have found so far. But i believe what i believe.

Back