Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

9478a5d2805f4b9b54410a848e1afe25.gif

No one knows what Cody was gonna do at Mania

No one knows what Rock was gonna do after Mania. Or what Roman was gonna do after Mania, while still being champion.

But they pivoted perfectly to the 1 thing that answers all of that. And instead of Wrestlemania 40, Roman wins again. We fall into Wrestlemania 40, new era, with Cody hugging Nick Khan's kid. Even though the exact same scenario played out with Daniel Bryan who also needed the fans to "force" him into the Wrestlemania main event that they had been building him up for.

But the wrestling characters said it was real, so it must be. Okay.

I know that that wrestling is fake and they don't actually hit each other. I know what this means:

But I get it. Some people actually don't want to know how the magician does the trick. Legit I get it. I'm not that person, but bad of me to try to ruin it for the rest of you. If yall like it, I love it.
Kayfabe, man. They don't get it. Cody is old school and Dustys the same person that wore a cast at home to further storyline

what’s the benefit of them coming out and saying “yeah…we fucked up” if they… didn’t?
It got Rock over as a heel for the first time in 20 years.

It got Cody over as a mega face and created even greater odds for him to overcome on his way to the title.

It caused doubt about an outcome that had previously been inevitable since Wrestlemania 39. And caused the fans to believe that they were the only ones responsible for righting the injustice.

It gave Rock a storyline reason to wrestle at Wrestlemania, other than "I'm The Rock lol".

It created the storyline arc that ended Roman's run in a satisfactory way and set up the new arc to carry the company forward (Cody vs The Final Boss).

Lots of benefits to carrying on the work.

Back