Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

The Smackdown and Raw setup seen over Wrestlemania weekend will be the norm going forward as a way to roll back certain aspects of productionn in favor of packing more fans into the Arenas. Even Madison Square Garden will feature the smaller production setup for the 6/28 Smackdown taping. There may be exceptions to this but it was will be one of the changes as part of the Endeavor era

The Smackdown and Raw setup seen over Wrestlemania weekend will be the norm going forward as a way to roll back certain aspects of productionn in favor of packing more fans into the Arenas. Even Madison Square Garden will feature the smaller production setup for the 6/28 Smackdown taping. There may be exceptions to this but it was will be one of the changes as part of the Endeavor era
Business is flaming hot.

They always use a reduced setup for MSG though.

In furtherance of a storyline that is still ongoing? Yeah that one.

Does a magician explain the trick to the audience in the middle of his act?

They’ve all said it was a pivot. Mr Final Boss even said so. Idk why you keep on insisting otherwise.

They’ve all said it was a pivot. Mr Final Boss even said so. Idk why you keep on insisting otherwise.
294001e17c0d2bb063bb11b82a2abd0a.png

Because wrestling is fake. It is always the intention of the performer to keep up the illusion that it isn't, but it is. They have a vested interest in portraying that Cody (the good guy) was going to be screwed by the Rock (the bad guy) if not for all the fans (the marks) rallying behind their hero and forcing the company (the carnies) to pivot (the con). Thats the whole show guys.

So again Cody was gonna win the Rumble right? And Punk was gonna fight Seth. So what the hell was Cody going to do?? Ya know their biggest star? The one they've been building up for 2 years to this one moment.

Even still. Forget the protagonist. The Rock - he's coming to fight Cody in this timeline right? What was he gonna do in the other version pre-pivot? Lose to Roman and then....? Cause as we just saw he's making a loooooot of money (close to 10 million!) for this series of matches. Do you think at his level of compensation and with his schedule he can just decide that he's going to face Cody (and eventually Roman) and figure out the details later?

And this makes more sense to all of you than wrestling --- which is fake -- continuing to be fake? Oh, but this time it was real! Okay, so I guess they're paying this man 10 million dollars for 1 match, but didn't actually care that much about, yknow, what match he was having. Just pivot into a different match entirely, cause fuck marketing materials and advertising and contracts.

So, before it was "who gives a fuck what happens to Cody, hey Rock why don't you just lose to Roman and fuck off, and hey Roman this whole 4 years as champion thing, let's just drag that out.c

But now, "it's hey Cody, we are gonna make you the centerpiece of this new era that we are pushing (which they were already doing with the video game and the whole Rocky 2 in Philadelphia thing, but alas), Rock we are gonna build out the entire company around you being the new big bad to oppose the new hero with promises of more matches than previously discussed, and Roman you're gonna drop your title afterall, because the thing we built for 4 years that wasn't predetermined to end? We're just gonna do it anyways because of some YouTube downvotes."

And they decided all of this?! This? A complete rearrangement not just of Wrestlemania but they're entire company narrative trajectory in a fucking weekend! And you all believe this. So Wrestlemania 40 the new era, the Triple H era... was going to end with Roman winning. Again. Lucky for us the fans saved the day and we got the happy ending we all desperately were craving.

Gee, what would we have done without all of you (don't forget to buy the Cody merch, it just set a record yknow!). Cause what do Triple H, The Rock, Cody Rhodes, Paul Heyman, a staff of writers, and a staff of social media analysts know about wrestling story telling anyways? They needed the fans (marks) to help them finish the story -- that they had already been telling the entire time.

TLDR: You're all marks. Montreal was a work. Daniel Bryan at 30 was a work. Cody at 40 was literally the same ass work as 30. And you fell for it again. And I should let it go, I know, but it's so ridiculous watching my friends believe something so obviously fake. But this is the last time, after this, I let it go. I think.

well clearly you know more than the actual parties involved
carry on boss
I know that that wrestling is fake and they don't actually hit each other. I know what this means:

But I get it. Some people actually don't want to know how the magician does the trick. Legit I get it. I'm not that person, but bad of me to try to ruin it for the rest of you. If yall like it, I love it.

Back