Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

photo_2022-12-15_10-42-36.jpg

before or after she was fired? lol

Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer chimed in with what he knows about the situation. Meltzer says it was decided on the day of the show that Mandy needed to drop the title:

“There was a meeting and Matt Bloom brought to Shawn Michaels, told him some of the stuff that she’s been putting on her subscription service, and told Shawn what was there. And Shawn’s immediate thing was, we got to get the title off of her immediately. Switched around the whole show, got the title off of her.”
“They had advertised the match for January 10th. They might have done the title change, it would have been either January 10th or February 4th. I believe they were gonna do the title change, that Perez was going to win the title. But it was not going to be [this week]. Then of course right after they got the title from her, then they fired her. So, that’s what happened.”
“She’s had the subscription service and it got popular and lucrative. She went further and further, and the feeling was that she way, way, way crossed the line. They believe that they had absolutely no choice but to get rid of her in that situation...they promised sponsors a cleaner product as far as who the people are.”

Meh...from a business standpoint I get it. So I see their side.

But at the same time...you kinda marketed her gimmick to be this sultry...sexy...seductress. Seems like the more money she was makin, the more she kept pushing the boundaries. I guess she kinda got carried away in their eyes.

Meh...from a business standpoint I get it. So I see their side.

But at the same time...you kinda marketed her gimmick to be this sultry...sexy...seductress. Seems like the more money she was makin, the more she kept pushing the boundaries. I guess she kinda got carried away in their eyes.
There's a difference between being sexy and going full on naked

Fact of the matter is...they still marketed that gimmick. Cheeks hanging out in some of her ring attire and all.

Fine. I paid the $5

Sasha Banks, aka Mercedes Varnado has been the subject of much speculation. However, we've finally gained some clarity on some details.

It was confirmed to Fightful that Mercedes' WWE exit was negotiated "months ago," likely when Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc. reported as much. However, WWE has yet to officially confirm this, and she remains listed on the company's official website.

It was also reiterated to us that Sasha Banks was able to take wrestling related bookings on January 1, something that Fightful Select reported this past fall. When we asked if that was "contractual," we were told that it was, and were informed that WrestleCade was far from the only wrestling-related operation to make attempts to book her, with other conventions that those close to her claimed were interested. We're told that conventions went to great lengths to be able to book her before January 1, but it couldn't happen.

Beyond that, we were also informed that the New Japan Pro Wrestling deal is a go, and was agreed upon as far back as the last week of November. Those that we've spoken to familiar with that deal said that they haven't heard of anything regarding All Elite Wrestling and Mercedes yet, but also stated that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

In the day since Mandy Rose was released by WWE, we've learned more about the situation that led up to it.
We're told that things seemed "very hasty" as it relates to Mandy Rose losing the NXT Title Tuesday. Fightful got word about 15 minutes before NXT went on the air, that word was that a major title switch was going to happen, with Mandy dropping the championship.

Those close to Mandy Rose claim she was in good spirits at the NXT show Tuesday night, as well as immediately following the release. Obviously, she's going to be fine from a financial standpoint.

Jacy Jayne and Gigi Dolin, who Mandy had been in a stable with for over a year, had several looks on the WWE main roster and we're told had long impressed people of influence. However, we'd not learned of any advanced plans to bring Mandy back to the main roster.

Mandy Rose was one of many WWE talent that were signed to new, five year deals in 2019, which means she had nearly two years left on her contract at the time of the release. There were some WWE sources that were at least trying to leak that Mandy Rose had requested her release two weeks ago, but so far, we've not been given any indication that's true.

Back