Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Roman has reason to be ticked about that, I get it..but that attitude era/ruthless aggression locker room would have laughed him back home

PWInsider.com:

Tony Khan was a topic on the show I did today with TJ Parsons. We talked about statements that he made to The Ringer in advance of Full Gear. Khan talked in-depth about his fandom as a kid and how it led him to the creation of AEW. He also mentioned that he has been booking Dynamite since 1995 and Rampage since 2011. That is not a typo.

As I said on the show, I didn't believe that Khan really said this stuff when an Elite first told me about it. He sent the link to the article. I won't comment here as to what I think about what he said. We did that on the show. But I will say this, it sure does explain a lot about Khan and AEW to me.

Here’s what Khan said about his booking career. I swear, I am not making this up. A few Elites asked me to post the comments and the link to the article so here you go.

In 1995, I started doing an e-wrestling show called Saturday Night Dynamite, and then it moved around over the next many years. At one point in time it was on Monday night, but at one point it was also Wednesday Night Dynamite. Then I used that name Dynamite for many years, and it had always been a steady thing. I relaunched the promotion with a new territory, new wrestlers, and new stories every several years. I wanted to try something different. The one thing that was always the same was that the weekly show was always called Dynamite.
It was probably around 2011 when I wanted to do more great wrestling matches every week, so in my fantasy wrestling league I created a second show. Incredibly, that was Rampage. I actually had a third show that never came to fruition, but it was kind of fun, and it was called Tuesday Night Tag Team Fights. I had these different shows, but Dynamite and Rampage were always the primary shows. I have done Dynamite since 1995 and Rampage since 2011.
In e-wrestling, you get ideas and try stuff out. I was a really young kid; I’m not saying it was impactful, or that you can jump straight from that into the wrestling business, but it was definitely a fun way to get your reps in.
There was a guy who passed away years later who was in the fantasy wrestling league I was in with my regular e-wrestling friend, and I remember him saying this so well. He said that we were writing for an audience of just each other, but in a way we were writing for 10,000 fans or 5,000 fans that were in the arenas of these imaginary shows. Somehow you can still tell when stuff is over or not over with the fans, which is funny because they’re not real! But he was right! My other friend and I had never articulated it like that before, but he was right. That spoke to me.”
Again, I am not making this up. I wish I was. There's more from Khan and you can read it at this link: The Ringer

PWInsider.com:

Tony Khan was a topic on the show I did today with TJ Parsons. We talked about statements that he made to The Ringer in advance of Full Gear. Khan talked in-depth about his fandom as a kid and how it led him to the creation of AEW. He also mentioned that he has been booking Dynamite since 1995 and Rampage since 2011. That is not a typo.

As I said on the show, I didn't believe that Khan really said this stuff when an Elite first told me about it. He sent the link to the article. I won't comment here as to what I think about what he said. We did that on the show. But I will say this, it sure does explain a lot about Khan and AEW to me.

Here’s what Khan said about his booking career. I swear, I am not making this up. A few Elites asked me to post the comments and the link to the article so here you go.

Again, I am not making this up. I wish I was. There's more from Khan and you can read it at this link: The Ringer

1669846314565.gif

Justified!!

But after you hear what Dominik Mysterio said on The Bump today (Nov. 30) about why he & his Mami (aka Judgement Day teammate Rhea Ripley) went to Rey Mysterio’s house on Thanksgiving and beat down the future WWE Hall of Famer, I guarantee you’ll see the situation in a whole new light:

“Because he had his Christmas tree up before November was over.”

Justified!!

But after you hear what Dominik Mysterio said on The Bump today (Nov. 30) about why he & his Mami (aka Judgement Day teammate Rhea Ripley) went to Rey Mysterio’s house on Thanksgiving and beat down the future WWE Hall of Famer, I guarantee you’ll see the situation in a whole new light:

Dom has become a golden heel, fuckin hilarious

Justified!!

Let this be a warning to everyone else who disrespect the month of November in this manner. Dom did the LAWD'S work!

Let the church say Amen

All signs are that William Regal, 54, will be World Wrestling Entertainment-bound shortly. Although we have heard nothing official from the company, there have been rumblings within WWE of late about Regal returning in a backstage role. That would mean Regal would be exiting AEW, where it certainly appeared that he was written out of storylines last night on Dynamite, having been attacked by AEW Champion MJF.

Regal broke into the business in Europe in the early 1980s before being signed to WCW in 1993, where he had 4 World Television Championship runs. Regal had several runs in WWE over the years, initially as the forgettable "Man's Man" character before hitting his stride after getting sober and having runs with the WWE Intercontinental and European Championships as well as winning the 2008 King of the Ring Tournament. His WWE autobiography Walking The Golden Mile is among the most underrated wrestling books of all time.

In 2014, Regal began focusing primarily on WWE's developmental, appearing on screen as an announcer and as the NXT General Manager but behind the scenes, he had risen into one of Paul Levesque's trusted lieutenants. Eventually given the official title of WWE Director of Talent Development and Head of Global Recruiting, Regal was regularly traveling to major independent events to help scout talents and bring them into the WWE fold. He was a major sounding board for talents inside and outside of WWE and was pretty much considered to have a job for life until Vince McMahon dismantled the Paul Levesque black and gold vision of WWE NXT.

Released along with many other Levesque staffers in January 2022, Regal moved to AEW. He debuted in March 2022, playing off his real life past as a mentor to Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley. This led to the official formation of The Blackpool Combat Club, which eventually added Wheeler Yuta and Claudio Castagnoli. Regal turned on Moxley to set up MJF's AEW title victory.

Vince McMahon's resignation from WWE and the return of Paul Levesque to power obviously set the stage for this likely return as Regal was long considered one of Levesque's top Consiglieres.

More as we confirm officially.

Not that AR Fox should be pinning Joe, but it's obvious he's not winning the TNT title, so why have him take two loses back to back after his debut? Hopefully they have something creative planned.
AR Fox is a decent mid card talent. It really dont matter. I see him as a good hand to put folks over with.

Back