Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

more from the earnings call today:

They are in conversations with other local governments and tourism boards for future events along the lines of Clash at the Castle in Cardiff.

Khan talked some of the international TV and WWE Network rights deals, including Australia, The Caribbean and The Philippines. '

He pointed out today's deal for Sub-Saharan Africa.They are going to do localized programming there including a talent search locally, which will start next week in Nigeria.

Khan said they are going to do a ten episode Netflix Spanish-language comedy about an inspiring female wrestler that will debut soon.

WWE Studios will feature a new series on Hulu starring Bianca Belair and Montez Ford for next year.

They have extended their Hulu deal for Raw.

They will return with more A&E programming in 2023.

They are ready for the next round of TV rights fees and are confident where they stand going into those.

They continue to watch Amazon's move towards more live sports-programming including the Amazon NFL partnership. They are seeing sports shifting into streaming similar to what made sports so important for cable and the audience will continue to grow over time.
happy that Bianca & Tez are getting their own show.

They been absent most of this year and if you position them as heels it gives a chance for other girls to take a run at them as the underdog faces.

Plus for the first WWE Wargames, Damage CTRL + 1 ain't cutting it.

Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky vs Bianca, Alexa, Auska, Naomi is a Wargames caliber match
So y'all want more Charlie and Becky going over everyone again when people have been complaining about that for years

I'll never understand how every promotion after Lucha Underground has dropped the ball on Penta. LU made Penta look like one of the most formidable opponents anyone could face. Very similar vibes as the Fiend when it came to that "oh shit" factor. As cool as he and his brother are together, they really are far superior as singles competitors. AEW is stacked and they don't have any idea what to do with it. Penta is that dude and could easily fill in a main eventer spot.

A list of AEW talent that is booked like enhancement talent rather than top talent. AEW pushed hard to have people like Punk be the face, but they already have that kind of talent walking in and out.

Penta - He can be a monster heel, the type that doesn't need wins to get heat or momentum. He's just vicious and creepy looking enough that it gets the heat he needs to build feuds without speaking English.

Rey Phoenix - This dude may be the best wrestler in the world, yet he never seems to be pushed as a strong singles competitor. He could be a top baby face very easily. Especially when he feuds with his brother.

Andrade - He was arguably a top midcarder in WWE. I know his English sucks, but guys like Andrade only need a manager and he will deliver the rest of the money through in-ring performance and general swagger.

Brian Cage - He looks like a beast, but is basically a jobber in AEW. Another talent that Lucha Underground did a great job with.

Eddie Kingston - He could be that Foley/Dreamer type of character that everyone loves or hate, but they are always invested. He has that kind of energy.

Jay Lethal - Probably the most versatile talent on the roster. There's nothing he can't do whether it be promos, being a lovable face, hated heel, whatever. Jay is criminally underused in wrestling in general.

Lance Archer - I'm not even that much of a fan, but AEW spent at least a year building him up, maybe more, and yet he's an enhancement talent suddenly. Why waste all of that investment when he actually improved at all levels. He's also sneaky athletic.

Ricky Starks - He has it. Maybe needs a year or so more of good feuds, but he's another criminally under booked talent.

I could keep going, but you get the point. I don't understand how AEW looks like it's full of a bunch of Fuego Del Sol types when they have better talent. The booking feels like an indie company that is working with the minimum, even though they actually have a lot to work with. Someone just can't book there.

I'll never understand how every promotion after Lucha Underground has dropped the ball on Penta. LU made Penta look like one of the most formidable opponents anyone could face. Very similar vibes as the Fiend when it came to that "oh shit" factor. As cool as he and his brother are together, they really are far superior as singles competitors. AEW is stacked and they don't have any idea what to do with it. Penta is that dude and could easily fill in a main eventer spot.
I was pumped when he won the IMPACT championship. It was a short reign, but I had hoped they would've done more with.

Yeah Penta is legit as fuck and could easily be pushed as a major villain style heel.

As for Rey Fenix he could get Rey Mysterio level of love from fans as a baby face if they push him. Homie def a fucking modern goat already.

A list of AEW talent that is booked like enhancement talent rather than top talent. AEW pushed hard to have people like Punk be the face, but they already have that kind of talent walking in and out.

Penta - He can be a monster heel, the type that doesn't need wins to get heat or momentum. He's just vicious and creepy looking enough that it gets the heat he needs to build feuds without speaking English.

Rey Phoenix - This dude may be the best wrestler in the world, yet he never seems to be pushed as a strong singles competitor. He could be a top baby face very easily. Especially when he feuds with his brother.

Andrade - He was arguably a top midcarder in WWE. I know his English sucks, but guys like Andrade only need a manager and he will deliver the rest of the money through in-ring performance and general swagger.

Brian Cage - He looks like a beast, but is basically a jobber in AEW. Another talent that Lucha Underground did a great job with.

Eddie Kingston - He could be that Foley/Dreamer type of character that everyone loves or hate, but they are always invested. He has that kind of energy.

Jay Lethal - Probably the most versatile talent on the roster. There's nothing he can't do whether it be promos, being a lovable face, hated heel, whatever. Jay is criminally underused in wrestling in general.

Lance Archer - I'm not even that much of a fan, but AEW spent at least a year building him up, maybe more, and yet he's an enhancement talent suddenly. Why waste all of that investment when he actually improved at all levels. He's also sneaky athletic.

Ricky Starks - He has it. Maybe needs a year or so more of good feuds, but he's another criminally under booked talent.

I could keep going, but you get the point. I don't understand how AEW looks like it's full of a bunch of Fuego Del Sol types when they have better talent. The booking feels like an indie company that is working with the minimum, even though they actually have a lot to work with. Someone just can't book there.
Andrade can't get over nor cut a promo (we've seen that in 2 companies now)

Cage can't get over nor cut a promo

Starks stay hurt, injured, or doing something else.

Rey Phoenix stay hurt or injured plus him and Penta like the most decorated team champions in the company. They literally have titles now

Oh and Penta fell victim to the Codyverse when he was getting pushed as a singles before

Kingston literally is what you're saying he should be

Only Lethal and Archer I'll give you, but honestly I think Lethal was only brought in to help the younger guys. He'll probably get more when ROH gets a tv deal. Archer idk, he fell victim to the codyverse as well and that kinda ruined his momentum going forward. Plus that moon sault injury against Page and his work in NJPW

WWE is reportedly moving forward with the Crown Jewel Premium Live Event as scheduled, despite threats of a potential war breaking out between Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

It was reported today by The Wall Street Journal how the Saudis have shared intelligence with the United States, warning of an imminent attack from Iran on targets inside the Kingdom. The American military and others in the Middle East are reportedly on an elevated alert level, according to Saudi and U.S. officials. In response to the warning, the Kingdom, the U.S. and several other neighboring states have raised the level of alert for their military forces, officials said.

Saudi officials said Iran is poised to carry out attacks on both the Kingdom and Erbil, Iraq, in an effort to distract attention from domestic protests that have roiled the Islamic Republic since September.

Reuters then reported that the United States is concerned about the threats from Iran against Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, The White House said the U.S. will not hesitate to respond if necessary.

“We are concerned about the threat picture, and we remain in constant contact through military and intelligence channels with the Saudis,” said a spokesperson from the National Security Council. “We will not hesitate to act in the defense of our interests and partners in the region.”

It was reported today by Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE Crown Jewel is still taking place as scheduled, but WWE officials are monitoring the situation.

“All plans are for the show at this moment but you can’t control the real world,” it was noted.

The WWE crews usually arrive in the Kingdom mid-week before their events in the Kingdom.
That Saudi/Iran stuff is no joke.

At this year’s Formula 1 stop there, the Iranians were dropping missiles a couple miles away from the track. It got to the point where the F1 production team were going out of their way to not get camera shots of the giant bomb cloud on the outskirts of the track.

Back