Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

- According to Brad Shepard of BarnBurner.ca, a source has indicated that WWE "is considering replacing current pay-per-view names with WCW pay-per-view names" with Halloween Havoc and Starrcade specifically being mentioned.

There has been speculation about what WWE is going to do with Clash of Champions now that TLC has been moved to December. It's also possible that WWE moved TLC because the company plans to focus on the Australia Super Show-Down event as the one big PPV of October.

Paul heyman may take over creative

Fightful.com is reporting Paul Heyman was backstage at WWE RAW this week in Boston, and was credited as a contributor to multiple segments on the show.

According to the report, WWE listed Heyman on the production script along with several writers in setting up this week’s opening segment between Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns. Additionally, Heyman was listed for Lashley’s “live shot” later on in the show, and was listed as a “road writer”, which is a job that usually sees that person writing scripts for interviews or backstage altercations.

Fightful says they reached out to both Heyman and WWE for comment, but were told Heyman would rather not comment, and WWE did not address the question.

Read more at http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezon...ackstage-at-raw-this-week#KQv16rV5CLI5GouY.99

I went back to watch some old WWF promos. I forgot how dope the Big Bossman was in his interviews.

Although he slipped up his line a little bit but damn he was underrated. The WWF roster was deep in the early 90s

- According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, Brock Lesnar has been confirmed for the WWE Summerslam PPV. At this time, Lesnar's opponent for the PPV is unknown but the belief is that it will be either Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley. As previously noted, Lesnar is also scheduled for the post-Summerslam edition of RAW.

If/when Brock defends the universal title at the summerslam, it would be his 7th (!) title defense since becoming champion at last years wrestlemania. Unbelievable

If/when Brock defends the universal title at the summerslam, it would be his 7th (!) title defense since becoming champion at last years wrestlemania. Unbelievable

I'm a just be honest about it and speak on how I feel about Lesnar/Universal Title situation.

If Vince was smart he wouldn't had introduce a second World Title. They should have done like they did in the OG brand extension and had the WWE Titleholder defend the title on both brands. When they lose the belt they go back to the show they were drafted to.

Lesnar has simply worn out his welcome in WWE. He comes in and defend the Universal Title a few times a year. A few suplexes/an F5, [shit match]big payday, & out the door again. The Universal Title looked like shit when it was introduced and it's title history so far is garbage.

Balor: 8/2016 - Inaguaral Champ
KO: 8/2016
Goldberg: 3/2017
Lesnar: 4/2017

At this point just throw the Universal Title in the trash and have AJ defend the WWE Title on both shows until he loses it.

Vince has created a culture in WWE to the point where guys like Lesnar, Rock, Goldberg, etc., can come in for big paydays and not put over any of the current talent in the locker room. It seems like w/WWE the smart thing would be is to give them a payday but at the same time have some like Rock put over Reigns or have Lesnar put over a Lashley/Cesaro.

Vince has created a culture in WWE to the point where guys like Lesnar, Rock, Goldberg, etc., can come in

I don’t mind these guys coming back for a payday, as long as it’s not for a title and it’s to either elevate talent or have a “dream match.” Their match definitely shouldn’t be the main event either.

Vince has created a culture in WWE to the point where guys like Lesnar, Rock, Goldberg, etc., can come in for big paydays and not put over any of the current talent in the locker room. It seems like w/WWE the smart thing would be is to give them a payday but at the same time have some like Rock put over Reigns or have Lesnar put over a Lashley/Cesaro.
The rock put ova lots of wrestlers in his prime.... Truth told i don't think he eva wrestles again... As far as lesnar there are only two people on raw he would drop tha belt to lashley(legit wrestler& mma fighta just like himself) or Drew McIntyre a guy who physically matches up well wit him

Back