Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

A billion for smackdown??? Shit i could understand raw but smackdown?? And then if you move it to fridays thats even worse cause aint nobody fuckin wit wrestling on fridays

A billion for smackdown??? Shit i could understand raw but smackdown?? And then if you move it to fridays thats even worse cause aint nobody fuckin wit wrestling on fridays

I think that roster is selling that. SmackDown has grown in popularity.

Spending a billy for that live content

It should stay on Tuesdays tho

Friday primetime is the death slot

They won’t move it to Friday’s. There’s no reason to justify doing that. They want LIVE programming. They’re not paying a billion dollars for a taped show. WWE isn’t gonna adjust their tour schedule either. Stop.

Exactly.

I remember when they had Smackdown on either UPN/MynetworkTV around the mid 00's and moved it to Friday nights that was the WOAT move made. I know after their contract was done they either went to TNN or back to USA in that fall.

They won’t move it to Friday’s. There’s no reason to justify doing that. They want LIVE programming. They’re not paying a billion dollars for a taped show. WWE isn’t gonna adjust their tour schedule either. Stop.

Yeah it's not going to Fridays if anything I can see them moving Smackdown to Thursdays on either Fox Sports/FS1 or 2. The NFL Thursday night games will probably be on the FOX local stations.

Except it is bein reported its going to fridays

They aren’t paying wwe more than a billion dollars to put smackdown live on fs1. And wwe has more than a year to figure out how they are gonna change up their touring schedule because they probably will

Welp, ain’t nobody watching that shit then.

Nah it will still be viewers but I can see the ratings getting cut in half from what they do on USA for Smackdown. Vince is taking a serious risk making this move. Wrestling ain't in that late 90's/early 00's period anymore.

I think the biggest reason for the viewership was that it was taped on a tuesday so you had the whole week to see spoilers...

Keeping it live will retain some of those viewers...

According to PWInsider.com, sources are stating that WWE reached out to international broadcast partners regarding the lengths of the pay-per-view events starting with Money in the Bank. MITB and future PPV events are reportedly scheduled to run four hours with an additional one hour Kickoff. The top PPV events such as Summerslam could also be adding another hour to the runtime.

Back