Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

- On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer talked about RAW possibly being renewed by USA Network (NBC Universal) for $240 million (three times what WWE is currently getting) and what this means for the future of Smackdown Live since NBC Universal only wants to pay for RAW. Here is what Meltzer said courtesy of RingsideNews.com:

"They’ll get interest in Smackdown somewhere, it’s live programming."

Meltzer added, "Fox is interested in Raw still I can tell you that %100 it may just be USA isn’t interested in bidding for SmackDown, they are interested in bidding for Raw and we’ll see how this plays out. But the news in this is that they’re getting a big increase."

"Fox is not going to put SmackDown on Fox that’s not going to happen I don’t think. They were very much putting Raw on big Fox — SmackDown I don’t see it. Okay now we’re talking about do you want to spend that kind of money on a Tuesday night show on FS1? The problem is with FS1 when you’re talking about baseball or basketball playoffs or things like that there are sporting events on Tuesday nights."

- Twitter account @WrestleVotes noted the following update about WWE possibly moving Smackdown to another network:

Regarding the news of Smackdown Live finding a new television home, I’m told WWE wants to keep the show 2 hours in length. While 3 hours would entice some networks, unless the new money is ridiculous, WWE would like to remain at 2 hours.

— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) May 17, 2018

Just my opinion alone, Smackdown does not need to be 3 hrs long. RAW really shouldn't be 3 hrs long either because as we know this is the same company that can't even book a weekly program let alone most PPVs.

Recently, WWE attorneys attempted to move Cassandra Frazier’s wrongful death lawsuit to Connecticut.

Cassandra’s late husband, Nelson Frazier Jr. was employed by WWE from 1994-1995, 1999, 2000 and 2005-2008, and worked under the character names of Mabel, Viscera and Big Daddy V.

Lawyers noted that Frazier Jr. died from a heart attack with contributing causes of morbid obesity and diabetes according to his official death certificate, and drugs and alcohol were also found in his system.

Additionally, WWE claimed that Cassandra contacted them and said she was destitute, so they sent her a check for $10,000 as an advance on future royalties that would be owed to Nelson Frazier Jr.

In the lawsuit, it was revealed how much Frazier Jr. earned in the aforementioned years that he was employed by WWE. Below are the figures.

1994 – $127,659.15
1995 – $100,648.78
1999 – $159,001.44
2000 – $136,951.85
2005 – $124,252,74
2006 – $152,659.55
2007 – $178,359.64
2008 – $251,223.65

kept trying to tell yall db would liven that shit up..

but yall wanna see him fight big cass

they already do lol raw and smackdown only have the same sets the week after a ppv

Raw and smackdown sets are basically the same. Only difference is the entrances. Remember raw had the slanted titantron and smackdown had the big fist?

Last edited:
Back