Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

WWE attempted to bring in WWE Celebrity Hall of Famer and all-time boxing great Mike Tyson to take part in this weekend's Summerslam, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

WWE plans called for Tyson to be the voiceover artist for opening video package for Saturday's Summerslam PPV, which we are told will be built around WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. John Cena.

PWInsider.com is told that WWE's attempts to lock in Tyson were unsuccessful. There is no word yet who may be voicing over the opening for Summerslam in Tyson's place.

Tyson was last seen in professional wrestling circles appearing for AEW. Tyson grew up a massive pro wrestling fan and was a major part of turning WWE's fortunes around when he refereed Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 14.

lol @ wwe grasping at anything… STAHP!

change the writing to match or surpass AEW and you’ll be ok… they had no problem taking the reigns for the attitude/ruthless agg. Era. Learn to modify and walk the line here…wwe is gonna go down swinging like bitches

AEW, Phil, and Bryan got the wrestling world going crazy and WWE looking real corny. It's high key pathetic. I fully expect someone to bury Sting in the next WWE interview.

Imagine going from being on Hall of Fame stages calling them a pissant company and in online articles calling them a t shirt company, to now trying to ride the wave and get some of their buzz for your lackluster product
4563b23f9731a572aff7fea9471517b913999cd1.gif

Punk was more over than roman will ever be.

Summer Of Punk>>>Trible Chief run

So CM Punks 3 month summer reign was better than Romans year long one?

:hahaha:

Now what was better: Punks 3 month summer reign or Romans first 3 months as the tribal chief? I’d go with Punks since summer of 2011 was epic and an enjoyable time in WWE

Now what was better: Punks 3 month summer reign or Romans first 3 months as the tribal chief? I’d go with Punks since summer of 2011 was epic and an enjoyable time in WWE
Phil ain't wrestle since 2011. 10 years later and he still got the wrestling world in a chokehold. Summer of Punk>>>>>>>>>

The best thing that was going in wwe and a decade later fans still clamoring for a return. Where's Roman's pipe bomb moment, oh he doesn't have one.

Punk's year long reign>>>Roman's year long reign.

Phil ain't wrestle since 2011. 10 years later and he still got the wrestling world in a chokehold. Summer of Punk>>>>>>>>>

Lol ok. Of course you take the side of Punk. You’re so anti-wwe. I actually did enjoy the summer of Punk. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough

The best thing that was going in wwe and a decade later fans still clamoring for a return. Where's Roman's pipe bomb moment, oh he doesn't have one.

Punk's year long reign>>>Roman's year long reign.

Hmm. I don’t remember creative telling Roman to air out his grievances on wwe tv like Punk was able to. But hey it was a great moment that pipe bomb was.

Reigns wasn't even propping himself up in the interview tho thats the thing..

he said Punk wasnt a bigger draw than Dwayne and Cena and its the truth

:shrug2:

you were the one who turned it into Punk vs Reigns pal
You know the reason why he was doing that though don't you

Hmm. I don’t remember creative telling Roman to air out his grievances on wwe tv like Punk was able to. But hey it was a great moment that pipe bomb was.

I been saying this too

they could of gave fuckin Zack Ryder the mac and told him to get his shit off and it would of been the same thing

Back