Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that WWE chose to release Bray Wyatt and that the word going around was that it was a budget-related reason, similar to other big cuts, such as Braun Strowman. It was not a case of Wyatt asking to be released.

We are told that Wyatt was called by John Lauirinaitis (who wasn't even at TV this week as he's in the middle of moving back to Connecticut) and informed it was simply a budgetary decision and not something Wyatt had done.

To say that the reaction within the company was stunned would be a massive understatement given how plugged into licensing the Wyatt character has been in recent years. The Fiend had been a massive hit for t-shirts and action figures.

One source pointed the finger squarely at WWE President Nick Khan and CFO Kristina Salen, stating that they are so "obsessed" with the company not being even one iota in the red on the financial ledgers that even after the most recent financial quarter, there had to have been a push to cut costs where with previous regimes, there would have been more leniency.

Others noted that Wyatt and Vince McMahon's relationship behind the scenes ran very hot and cold at times and that McMahon has given Khan the ability to run things far more than anyone else has historically been able to accomplish, so there was likely less of a push-back over the idea of cutting a big money contract from the ledger.

Another source pointed that Wyatt's 90 days would run out the week before AEW's Full Gear and how Vince McMahon may have been very prophetic about handing AEW other assets during yesterday's media call.

For those who have asked if there are other releases coming today, we have heard nothing that leads me to believe that is the case.

He would be perfect for dark order...but aew need to chill with the wwe scraps
This line of thinking is just...irresponsible and wrong.

So are other companies not supposed to pick up talent that WWE misuses? Are these dudes not supposed to look for employment that can pay them similarly with similar exposure, and not have to go overseas or out of country?

WWE was the only game in town for 2 decades.

Newsflash: Almost EVERY wrestler out right now went through WWE at some point.

15 out of the 78 currently SIGNED wrestlers( not counting backstage, commentary, or announcers) in AEW were in WWE. That's not even 20% of the roster. Let's not even count the people on pay per appearance deals and that percentage decreases dramatically.

Some of WWE's biggest stars are another company's scraps if we doing that:

Hulk Hogan? AWA. Macho Man? AWA. Austin? WCW. AJ Styles? TNA. Bobby Lashley? TNA. Drew McinTyre? TNA. Goldberg? WCW. Karrion Kross? TNA. Nakamura? NJPW. Cameron Grimes? TNA. LA Knight? TNA. Finn Balor? NJPW. Xavier Woods? TNA. The whole attitude era was made up mostly of WCW and ECW guys outside of The Rock. *gasp* Even HHH is a WCW scrap.

So this "AEW is just signing a bunch of WWE rejects" talk needs to stop because it's false. You have a good day and be blessed brother 4th. You're one of mine, and God's favorites

Vince just the other day “they’re not competition like wCw was” and I get what he meant but it was still a stupid comment. Wish them well and be happy there’s competition bc it drives the product.

with all your recent stars hitting up AEW, lying to yourself saying they’re not competition means you’re willfully ignorant and that’s horrible for business
Triple H does it too, he tried down talking how NXT never viewed AEW as competition but everybody called him out on it because he literally had NXT debut 2 weeks earlier in NXT to kill their momentum that ended up back firing and the only reason they started doing special nxt episodes was to combat AEWs fyter fest and their other specials. The company loves looking stupid in these quarter calls.

Last edited:
This line of thinking is just...irresponsible and wrong.

So are other companies not supposed to pick up talent that WWE misuses? Are these dudes not supposed to look for employment that can pay them similarly with similar exposure, and not have to go overseas or out of country?

WWE was the only game in town for 2 decades.

Newsflash: Almost EVERY wrestler out right now went through WWE at some point.

15 out of the 78 currently SIGNED wrestlers( not counting backstage, commentary, or announcers) in AEW were in WWE. That's not even 20% of the roster. Let's not even count the people on pay per appearance deals and that percentage decreases dramatically.

Some of WWE's biggest stars are another company's scraps if we doing that:

Hulk Hogan? AWA. Macho Man? AWA. Austin? WCW. AJ Styles? TNA. Bobby Lashley? TNA. Drew McinTyre? TNA. Goldberg? WCW. Karrion Kross? TNA. Nakamura? NJPW. Cameron Grimes? TNA. LA Knight? TNA. Finn Balor? NJPW. Xavier Woods? TNA. The whole attitude era was made up mostly of WCW and ECW guys outside of The Rock. *gasp* Even HHH is a WCW scrap.

So this "AEW is just signing a bunch of WWE rejects" talk needs to stop because it's false. You have a good day and be blessed brother 4th. You're one of mine, and God's favorites

I mean...no lies were told in this post.

But I do understand where Jutty was coming from tho. If I'm not mistaken... early TNA was considered WWE/WCW Lite during their run. So I see where he's coming from.

But I think a possible Bray pick up...along wit the others only makes the brand better. They done a good job imo taking the WWE talent they got, and blended them wit the AEW talent that's been there since say one. Plus the fans benefit GREATLY b/c we get to see matches no one thought they'd see.

WWE has pretty much given other promotions a blueprint if what NOT to do. The other promotions allow their TALENT to have the that creative freedom they desire.

Bray taking over Brodie's spot as leader would be poetic but, what about Hangman Adam Page?
Hangman was never going to take over, it doesn't even make sense with his cowboy persona. They just been teasing then have him be friends who think he will be their guy.

I mean...no lies were told in this post.

But I do understand where Jutty was coming from tho. If I'm not mistaken... early TNA was considered WWE/WCW Lite during their run. So I see where he's coming from.

But I think a possible Bray pick up...along wit the others only makes the brand better. They done a good job imo taking the WWE talent they got, and blended them wit the AEW talent that's been there since say one. Plus the fans benefit GREATLY b/c we get to see matches no one thought they'd see.

WWE has pretty much given other promotions a blueprint if what NOT to do. The other promotions allow their TALENT to have the that creative freedom they desire.
There is no seeing where he's coming from. TNA was signing old past their prime dudes that had nothing to contribute besides padding their wallets, egos, and stripping the company of their identity. What AEW is doing is nothing like what TNA was doing. The people AEW have been signing are young and can actually contribute

There is no seeing where he's coming from. TNA was signing old past their prime dudes that had nothing to contribute besides padding their wallets, egos, and stripping the company of their identity. What AEW is doing is nothing like what TNA was doing. The people AEW have been signing are young and can actually contribute
Big facts... but I blame TNA for causing this stupid narrative.

Sounds as stupid as if somebody said NXT signs nothing but Ring Of Honor rejects.

Last edited:
They said Nick Khan made the decision to fire Bray Wyatt. Buddy came in and became the biggest corporate heel.

The Khans are fighting over wrestling dominance.

But that's the part I see where he's coming from tho. Lol!

And Matt...Sting...Christian ain't young cats bruh. Lol. I think l...matter fact...@Juttythe4th explain your post brotha! Lol

AEW out here restoring the feeling in the wrestling world.

giphy.gif

Everybody who didn't pay respect, gotta fess up now and pay ya debts ~ Kung fu Kenny

All I'm saying is I don't need a bray and hardy joint venture again. It's bad enough I see a rehash of Christian and hardy program. Sting is floundering around hanging with Darby. Even the idea of cm punk and Daniel Bryan is lost on me, I don't doubt they are big time but I'm kinda been there done that. Just want more time for the women's division, some of the home grown talent maybe.

Don't gotta agree but I feel what I feel. Still Aew over anything else either way

Back