Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

TNT would be stupid to move AEW off of Wednesdays. I know the new director isn't a fan of wrestling, but AEW literally gets better ratings than NHL in viewership and all demographics aside from 50+. It's more likely NHL goes on TBS or AEW gets pre-empted once or twice a year like they did last year during the NBA playoffs.

TNT would be stupid to move AEW off of Wednesdays. I know the new director isn't a fan of wrestling, but AEW literally gets better ratings than NHL in viewership and all demographics aside from 50+. It's more likely NHL goes on TBS or AEW gets pre-empted once or twice a year like they did last year during the NBA playoffs.

Man foh! NHL ain't that important of a sport that folks eagerly rush to watch. They'd be stupid to move AEW

Bret Hart Says Triple H Wanted Him To Defeat The Rock For The Intercontinental Title In 1997
"Triple H Was Sick About It Because He Had A Thing For Dwayne And Wanted To Ruin Him. He Hated Him."

During his time with WWE, then WWF, Bret Hart only faced The Rock once. The Brahma Bull was Rocky Maivia and Intercontinental Champion at the time and he went one on one with The Hitman for the gold on the March 31, 1997, episode of Monday Night Raw.

Hart reflected on the match during a recent interview with the 81 Podcast and Bret revealed that Triple H pushed for him to beat Rocky. The Excellence Of Execution ultimately refused, though, and the match had a DQ finish instead.

"Triple H and maybe even Shawn [Michaels], were pretty ruthless. If someone was tied to me or connected to me, they would try to ruin them. Even Dwayne Johnson [The Rock]. They really tried to crack him and bust his chops. I remember telling Dwayne all the time, 'Don't listen to these guys. You're a really good talent and you don't need these guys,'" Hart said.

"When I did the big interview about America, the next week's taping, I wrestled The Rock and they wanted me to beat him. Triple H did. He wanted me to beat Dwayne and win the Intercontinental Title. I refused. 'What do I need the Intercontinental Title for?' We did the figure four on the post, Steve Austin came out, Owen [Hart] and Davey [Boy Smith] came out, a bunch of interference.

"I remember Triple H was sick about it because he had a thing for Dwayne and wanted to ruin him. He hated him. I remember saying, 'I like Dwayne, he just got the Intercontinental Title and doesn't need me to take it from him.' I didn't want to be Intercontinental Champion. It was all politics, Triple H was trying to steer me into the Intercontinental Title instead of the World Title. It didn't make any sense. I told Vince, 'I don't get heat from beating Dwayne for the title, it doesn't do anything for me. Let him keep it,'" Bret continued.

"I think Dwayne always appreciated that I went to bat for him. I didn't want to beat him, I wanted to wrestle him down the road as a future guy to draw money with. It's a shame I didn't get to work with him other than that one night."

While Hart may have wanted to face The Rock again, he wouldn't get the chance and The Hitman departed WWE in November 1997.

As PWInsider.com reported last week, WWE has made sweeping changes to a number of departments as part of WWE President Nick Khan's re-tooling of the company on the corporate end.

With the departure of Mark Carrano, we reported last week that John Cone's exit from Talent Relations had been rescinded. PWInsider.com has since confirmed that Cone is now second in command to John Laurinaitis in that department, a bump up in responsibility from his previous role as Manager of Talent Relations. We are also told that at least 1-2 others have been added to that department.

With John Laurinaitis moving into overseeing Talent Relations, there were also changes within the ranks of WWE Producers. Jason Jordan has been given a new role and larger responsibilities within the company, taking over Laurinaitis' former role as Lead Producer, overseeing all the others at TV tapings.

PWInsider.com is also told that Adam Pearce has moved up within the company over the last several weeks and we are working to confirm his new role.

One question PWInsider.com received almost daily is when WWE may resume touring with live events.

PWInsider.com has learned that the company intends to hopefully start out with some test live events this summer, but they are very early in the planning stages and would be subject to where things stand nationally with the COVID-19 pandemic as well as whatever the local rules and regulations are in different cities and municipalities.

In a perfect world, the company would like to start that process out in July or August, but have not yet pulled the trigger as they are strategizing on how to best handle the situation. We are told that they are especially paying close attention to how numerous "waves" of the pandemic have played out internationally as they want to make the best informed decision as to when and where they start.

As noted above, It's possible they could do a few test run weekends but as of this writing, no touring dates have been locked in, nor have any buildings been booked yet. We are told, however, that the company is prepping and waiting for the right moment to take that next step forward.

As WWE President Nick Khan has stated publicly, when the company goes back, they intend to go back permanently and not be in a situation where they start and stop again, returning to a residency like they currently have with the Thunderdome in Tampa, Florida. So, it's about when and where to make that happen and hit the ground running. WWE is watching and waiting for that moment.

As PWInsider.com reported last week, WWE has made sweeping changes to a number of departments as part of WWE President Nick Khan's re-tooling of the company on the corporate end.

With the departure of Mark Carrano, we reported last week that John Cone's exit from Talent Relations had been rescinded. PWInsider.com has since confirmed that Cone is now second in command to John Laurinaitis in that department, a bump up in responsibility from his previous role as Manager of Talent Relations. We are also told that at least 1-2 others have been added to that department.

With John Laurinaitis moving into overseeing Talent Relations, there were also changes within the ranks of WWE Producers. Jason Jordan has been given a new role and larger responsibilities within the company, taking over Laurinaitis' former role as Lead Producer, overseeing all the others at TV tapings.

PWInsider.com is also told that Adam Pearce has moved up within the company over the last several weeks and we are working to confirm his new role.

This is actually big

A black man in that lead producer role, I hope they step back and let him work.

he was the one who put together the Big E/Apollo match at mania n had Apollo go over

a good decision imo cause even tho I liked E with that strap Apollo needed to get that after the losses he had taken. If it had been booked the other way then he' would of got lost in the shuffle again

Back