Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

And WWE really doesn’t need to work with other companies per se. I would actually eliminate the survivor series format and turn it into a show with wwe guys vs others from other companies, make the ppv more meaningful since its been pretty boring for many years.

And WWE really doesn’t need to work with other companies per se. I would actually eliminate the survivor series format and turn it into a show with wwe guys vs others from other companies, make the ppv more meaningful since its been pretty boring for many years.

we already know how that would turn out though....remember WWE team vs "WcW" team and "ECW" team WITH some WWE guys in on all 3 teams?

we already know how that would turn out though....remember WWE team vs "WcW" team and "ECW" team WITH some WWE guys in on all 3 teams?

I still contend that the invasion angle is the most disappointing angle in wrestling history. It could still be going on today if done right. I wouldn’t want a traditional survivor series match but a showcase of the best talent from different companies. It could do serious numbers

wwe was working with other wrestling promotions before AEW was a thing

AAA, Evolve, Progress, ECW, NJPW
Bought Evolve and Progress, only bankrolled ECW to use as a sort of developmental and to jumpstart his product before buying them, tried to buy AAA after the owner passed away and this

NJPW probably still salty about Vince taking Nak and half of the Bullet Club as well as trying to expand into Japan now as well.

Yea Vince will work with you...if he can buy you

Bought Evolve and Progress, only bankrolled ECW to use as a sort of developmental and to jumpstart his product before buying them, tried to buy AAA after the owner passed away and this

NJPW probably still salty about Vince taking Nak and half of the Bullet Club as well as trying to expand into Japan now as well.

please read this insightful article about this:

the other companies were selling right?

tumblr_orftxzUJYD1w96dxio2_400.gifv

cold world niggas

partly
wrestling lost its cool factor years ago tho, and in return lost its viewers
but shit happens
enjoy it while it lasts
Sorry my friend, but there is no partly about it. Vince having a monopoly on wrestling has killed the business. Vince having a monopoly on wrestling thus being able to not push anyone the fans want and being able to do whatever he wants no matter how stupid has played a big part in wrestling not being cool anymore.

There's a reason many lapsed fans came back when AEW was announced. There's a reason they are about to reach Monday Night Raw in the 18-34 demographic. Plus the fact that many see WWE as what wrestling is, and WWE does not embrace black/hip-hop/meme/gaming culture like society overall has

Last edited:
Sorry my friend, but there is no partly about it. Vince having a monopoly on wrestling has killed the business. Vince having a monopoly on wrestling thus being able to not push anyone the fans want and being able to do whatever he wants no matter how stupid has played a big part in wrestling not being cool anymore.

There's a reason many lapsed fans came back when AEW was announced. There's a reason they are about to reach Monday Night Raw in the 18-34 demographic. Plus the fact that many see WWE as what wrestling is, and WWE does not embrace black/hip-hop/meme/gaming culture like society overall has

all those lapsed fans who came back when AEW was announced...and they can't even crack 2 million viewers. neither does raw.

my niggas who stopped watching wrestling in 5th grade didn't do so because of a damn monopoly. folks grew out of it. we're the only ones who haven't

Attitude era had like 10 million viewers to them now barely being able to crack 1.5M in ratings sometimes. Who was on top that whole time? Who bought and raided all of the other promotions? Who was not letting stars get over? Sasha Banks got on the Mandalorian not because she a wrestling star, but because she was on Hot Ones and they thought she was charismatic.

If you can't see that Vince and the WWE played the biggest part in wrestling becoming a niche product with a shrinking audience, then idk what to tell you.

Jaxson Ryker reportedly still has backstage heat on him for his comments in support of President Donald Trump made earlier this year, and some of the other social media comments he made, according to Fightful Select.

As noted earlier, tonight’s SmackDown on FOX saw Ryker’s former Forgotten Sons partners Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler return to TV as muscle for King Baron Corbin. You can click here for our original report on their returns, along with photos and videos.

It was noted that Ryker remains at home in North Carolina and has not been brought to WWE TV tapings in months. At one point Ryker wasn’t even featured on internal WWE roster shots. Ryker deleted his social media accounts around a month ago, and when Fightful asked why, they were simply told WWE had no plans for him. Around that time it was revealed that WWE had started working on creative plans for Blake and Cutler, which led to tonight’s return.

The report also reiterated that Blake and Cutler never had any internal heat over Ryker’s comments. As noted, both Blake and Cutler quickly distanced themselves from Ryker when the fallout from his comments came down. Many wrestlers and employees within WWE felt bad that Blake and Cutler were caught up in the Ryker situation.

A WWE source noted that Ryker “wasn’t worth the risk of bad publicity of being on TV” right now, and also mentioned that main roster officials weren’t that high on him when he was called up from WWE NXT anyway. Ryker never did wrestle a match on SmackDown. We noted before that WWE had plans for The Forgotten Sons to win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles from then-champions The New Day, but the plan was nixed when the Ryker situation happened.

Attitude era had like 10 million viewers to them now barely being able to crack 1.5M in ratings sometimes. Who was on top that whole time? Who bought and raided all of the other promotions? Who was not letting stars get over? Sasha Banks got on the Mandalorian not because she a wrestling star, but because she was on Hot Ones and they thought she was charismatic.

If you can't see that Vince and the WWE played the biggest part in wrestling becoming a niche product with a shrinking audience, then idk what to tell you.

i already acknowledged they played a role.
that wasn’t good enough for you, which isn’t my problem lol

Wrestling has always been a niche product.
It had the attitude era when it became crazy phenom popular...but like homie said...many of us who watched then “grew up” and moved on.

also you must realize that people consume entertainment way differently than then. You have DVR and streaming (legal and pirated). For however many millions they pull live...there are other millions who consume the product differently (dvr and watch later, wait for the episode to be on demand on hulu, peacock and wwe network, youtube clips)

so in my opinion the biz is just fine. Would it be cool for it to reach the heights of the attitude era and the monday night wars again yeah... it would

but I look at that time in the biz as special and it will NEVER be duplicated.

Last edited:
Back