Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

why cancel takeover and the hall of fame but not WM?

My guess is since HHH is charge of NXT he probably made the decision himself or Vince let him decide on the fate of Takeover himself. I don't blame him for cancelling especially if he had very big plans. I seen word going around on Twitter that Gargano/Champa was possibly going to be a HIAC match.

My guess is since HHH is charge of NXT he probably made the decision himself or Vince let him decide on the fate of Takeover himself. I don't blame him for cancelling especially if he had very big plans. I seen word going around on Twitter that Gargano/Champa was possibly going to be a HIAC match.
Havent watched NXT in weeks but Gargano and Ciampa still going into a match?? That's dope. Mfs be sleeping on the greatest NXT feud.

Vince needs to just take the L and cancel WM. WM with no fans in attendance won’t be a good look despite the circumstances. plus it’s only a matter of time before a wrestler or staff member catch the coronavirus and then he’ll have no choice but to shut shit down

Idk the golden idea here is to make Summer Slam a Mania theme. Just fucking do it.

If they don't either way the new Mania date would be so close to their 2nd biggest show of the year.

That's contingent if they can even run it in with a crowd by August, which who the hell knows?

If they gonna do the empty arena thing, they need to get on their Lucha Underground hype. Film the show in advance and edit it to appear more cinematic. Lower the house lights, light up the ring, different camera angles---the works. Presentation is the worst part of their product as is, so if they can drastically overhaul it for the better then they might just be able to pull it off.

As noted in the press release issued earlier today by WWE, Wrestlemania will be broadcast on Saturday 4/5 and Sunday 4/6 from multiple locations that will be closed sets.

The multiple dates and locations will actually make production easier for WWE as they have been very careful about only having a certain number of talent/staff on hand at TV tapings at the Performance Center, which is why you are seeing big names talents cycled on the show (Edge this week, Randy Orton next week, etc.) and only so many talents being brought in for TV, even with many living locally in the Tampa and Orlando area. WWE has taken the CDC's social distancing edicts very seriously. If they broadcast the entire Wrestlemania card over one day, they would run into a lot of production issues just in terms of the logistics of having and managing so many talents, producers, staff, etc. in one place at the same time under the current restrictions.

The multiple locations will allow WWE to switch from place to place and keep the broadcast from looking and feeling monotonous. That could also allow WWE to pre-tape material (and even matches) for insertion into the broadcast, as a closed set might make it easier for the company to keep spoilers from leaking. Having a portion of the show pre-produced could also glitz up the final product and allow the show to have a grander feel, since this is Wrestlemania.

There's no word yet on other locations, but they have other locations they control and could film in, including Titan Tower in Stamford, their new HQ in Stamford and their 3-D suite in the Performance Center (which would allow them to have matches in front of any 360 degree computer generated background). The company could try and lean on their relationships with FOX or NBC Universal for assistance in finding places to shoot content for Wrestlemania. It's not like Universal Studios Orlando's soundstages are in use currently. Having the show in multiple locations could also allow for WWE to stage material outdoors, allowing for the pyro fans come to expect from the biggest show of the year.

So, there are a lot of interesting potential scenarios here that can play out if WWE pushes the envelope. Stay tuned.

that video like to took me out. mf had on the Uncle cookout fit and even had the spatula and mit

After going live for Smackdown this Friday, WWE will be pre-taping the following week's episode this Saturday 3/21 at the WWE Performance Center. That would be the 3/27 episode of Smackdown.

We are told Monday Night Raw will be following suit with additional content pre-taped around this Monday's Raw taping at the PC.

John Pollock of POSTWrestling.com was the first to report WWE will be pre-taping additional TV content this coming week. PWInsider.com has independently confirmed Pollock's report and has heard WWE is working on trying to get as far ahead as possible on TV in order to make sure they have content available for future episodes leading into Wrestlemania weekend.

Not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan but they are bringing back this theme for him from now on. Loved this theme especially around the time he was wwe champion

Good move

I was gonna say maybe they'll give him a pretty good push but idk.. Jeff stay fucking up bruh, especially when a company gives him the ball. He done it in WWE and TNA on more than one occasion

I wouldn't dare put a World Title on Jeff Hardy at this point. He came back to WWE and ended up doing the same shit he was getting caught for 10+ yrs ago.

I think he finally went to rehab after all these years but yea man, I probably wouldnt risk that shit either honestly.

Back