Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Billy Corgan was their last hope. He did really good with the company and I loved that he got Marlyn Manson to do Decays theme which I'm not a fan of Manson but the song was so dope with their entrance.

Decay vs Broken Hardys is still the last dope shit TNA has done before I stopped watching.

they in a really fucked up situation right now too because like 2 weeks ago Pursuit forgot to air the show they had for that day and instead aired the one from the previous week.

I read they were looking for a new home again

They just need to merge with ROH tbh, with AEW and WWE locking down talents more then ever and more American talents wanting to go to NJPW they really dont have access to the amount of indie talent there once was.

Tommy Dreamer Admits Considering Murder-Suicide At Wrestlemania X-7

"I was like, ‘I will go down in history.’ Pop, boom."

On a recent episode of Tommy Dreamer's "House of Hardcore" podcast, the hardcore wrestling legend described how he thought about murdering WWE's Paul Heyman and then taking his own life during the Wrestlemania X-7 broadcast in Houston.

According to Dreamer, he was scheduled to make his WWE debut during the Tables, Ladders and Chairs at the PPV event in 2001, but he was ultimately scratched from plans. At the time, Heyman's ECW had just folded and Dreamer dove into a depression after having to move back in with his parents.

Dreamer explains (h/t Bodyslam.net):

"I had turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to WCW. And now was unemployed. I went from a $750,000 offer, and Paul Heyman crying to me, that if I leave ECW, it will go out of business. Meanwhile he was getting a paycheck from WWE. I don’t begrudge him, but then I did. I was depressed as depressed can be."
“I remember I did a show there, and I saw a sign that said, ‘Guns Welcome,’ and I was in Houston. I did an indie show, and I said, ‘What is this?’ I’m from New York, what do you mean, ‘guns welcome?’ and they said, ‘Oh you are allowed to bring a firearm into the venue.’ I was across the street from the Astrodome. When I tell you it resonated in my head so, so much.
“That I’ll tell you what I wanted to do. It’s sick that I think this. At Wrestlemania, I was gonna hop the rail and I was gonna whack Paul E. in the back of the head right at the announce table, then I was gonna whack myself. The ultimate martyr, I was gonna hit my pose crack, boom, pull the trigger. Because I was that insane. Don’t know if I would have went through with it, but that’s what I was thinking about everyday. I was like, ‘I will go down in history.’ Pop, boom. First they’d think it as an angle until I shot him. I was so severely depressed and so mental with rage, I needed help.”

Ultimately, Dreamer says a phone call from Jim Ross made him change his mind and he went on to became the WWE Hardcore Champion.

“Randomly I get a phone call from a number I didn’t know … I didn’t pick up, and I remember having these thoughts, and it was bad. I had a gun, I was psssh, man. Could you think about the horribleness that I would have done for my legacy? I would have ruined WrestleMania, which I love, WrestleMania. For everybody. These thoughts were so so crazed in my head. How dare that person, he screwed my parents over and I come from a mobster mentality. In my head I was like ‘I would become infamous.’ Which is famous for the wrong reason. I’m glad I didn’t do it.
“But when that phone call came from Jim Ross. Again, just said leave a message. It said, ‘Hey Tommy it’s Jim Ross, just want to let you know, we are still thinking about you, we are gonna get it done, just got to hang tight. Thank you.'”
“Think of how stupid I would have been, how dumb and how messed up my thoughts would have been if they would have come to fruition. I am so happy I didn’t do it, I am so happy that I did get that phone call, from someone who was a stranger, I barely knew the guy. There was another day, there has been a lot of other days.”

Rumors for the Day:
  • Pro Wrestling Sheet says Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff’s integration into their new roles will be a slow process. They won’t simply be given full control overnight, but rather be eased into it.
  • PW Insider notes that WWE’s deal with Bischoff came together in just the last couple weeks.
  • The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Undertaker’s return was actually planned before Super ShowDown.
  • Per the Observer, FOX is testing out new cameras to use for the WWE debut show on Oct. 4.
  • They also say the network is inviting a lot of celebrities to the show so it will look as big league as possible.

Rumors for the Day:
  • Pro Wrestling Sheet says Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff’s integration into their new roles will be a slow process. They won’t simply be given full control overnight, but rather be eased into it.
  • PW Insider notes that WWE’s deal with Bischoff came together in just the last couple weeks.
  • The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Undertaker’s return was actually planned before Super ShowDown.
  • Per the Observer, FOX is testing out new cameras to use for the WWE debut show on Oct. 4.
  • They also say the network is inviting a lot of celebrities to the show so it will look as big league as possible.

Last one...wack

There were rumors going around that Triple H turned down the executive director role for Smackdown Live prior to Eric Bischoff accepting it. However, Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com has shot down this report:

"I’ve also heard from multiple sources now who say the rumor of Triple H being offered/turning down one of the ExecutiveDirector positions is false."

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com also noted the following:

"I have not heard anything even remotely confirming that Triple H turned down an Executive Director position."

WWE made a big move when Eric Bischoff became the new Executive Director of SmackDown Live. Now it looks like he’s already getting his feet wet with the job.

Eric Bischoff will be working with Fox even though it was noted that Fox would have rather gotten Paul Heyman out of the deal.

Easy E will be the one running the blue brand regardless of how Fox feels about it. He’s reportedly already taking part in some important meetings as well.

Paul Heyman knows the WWE product, but Eric Bischoff hasn’t been shy about admitting that he doesn’t watch anymore. Therefore, he has a lot of catching up to do. Because Bischoff is reportedly at some big meetings today according to Brad Shepard.

The jury is still out on what SmackDown Live will look like under Bischoff’s control. After all, the news just broke today.

He isn’t a booker which could be problematic later on, but hopefully, he will have plenty of help with that.

Bischoff does know business and he is very good at talking to people in the television industry. Therefore, he could help out a lot in that regard. It appears he is getting his first real chance today.

There were rumors going around that Triple H turned down the executive director role for Smackdown Live prior to Eric Bischoff accepting it. However, Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com has shot down this report:

"I’ve also heard from multiple sources now who say the rumor of Triple H being offered/turning down one of the ExecutiveDirector positions is false."

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com also noted the following:

"I have not heard anything even remotely confirming that Triple H turned down an Executive Director position."

I was still shocked to read that he aint get one of those positions, mainly cause i didnt think they'd give them Bischoff and Heyman but at the same time maybe its a good thing that he didn't because directing for the main roster would probably mean he couldn't focus on NXT as much and thats his baby.

Would you guys be stunned if nxt went to 2 hours on the debut night of aew? I personally think nxt should be 2 hours with all the wrestlers they have and they should go to 2 hours to establish themselves as a true 3rd wwe brand.

Would you guys be stunned if nxt went to 2 hours on the debut night of aew? I personally think nxt should be 2 hours with all the wrestlers they have and they should go to 2 hours to establish themselves as a true 3rd wwe brand.

I wouldn't be surprised. them making it 2hrs is something I always expected and wanted.

Eric Bischoff will officially kick off his tenure as Executive Director of WWE Smackdown at this Tuesday's TV taping. Paul Heyman, obviously, Will be at Monday Night Raw, as he is every week.

We are told that Paul Heyman and Eric Bishoff are already officially on the job and that their contributions and ideas will be implemented over time, so do not expect any immediate overnight massive changes.

Since Paul on Raw hopefully he hooked up the extreme stipulations for the PPV and not the generic chair match and "street fight".

Back