Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that WWE's Ricochet has given notice that he intends to exit the company when his current contract expires this summer. We are told that Ricochet is expected to be written out of WWE storylines very soon in advance of the contract expiration. Ricochet is currently part of WWE's Raw brand.

Over the course of his WWE run, Ricochet has held the WWE Intercontinental Championship, The United States Championship, The WWE NXT North American Championship and was the inaugural WWE Speed Champion. He and Aleister (Malakai) Black won the 2019 WWE NXT Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic.

Ricochet signed with WWE back in 2018 after memorable runs in New Japan Pro Wrestling (where he won the 2014 Best of Super Junior tournament), EVOLVE, Dragon Gate and Lucha Underground, where he held the LU Championship twice and was the centerpiece of the El Rey Network series as the masked Prince Puma. Ricochet's New Japan run included a celebrated bout against Will Ospreay (now in AEW) that could obviously be revisited once Ricochet is free and clear contractually. Ricochet was also the first-ever House of Glory Champion.

One source we spoke with said they were giving Ricochet "all the credit in the world for betting on himself." One would think he'll quickly be a hot commodity as a free agent.

Wild.

He should go to Mexico.

Nah Ricochet and Ospreay got to hit AEW tv even if AEW doesn't sign him. We need their mature match now that they have grown alot since the acrobat match.

Nah Ricochet and Ospreay got to hit AEW tv even if AEW doesn't sign him. We need their mature match now that they have grown alot since the acrobat match.
Outside of the Will match, it's very easy for him to get lost in the shuffle at AEW.

CMLL has a lot of matches that will be great for him. If he goes back to Japan, Dragongate and NJPW will make him a priority too.

Outside of the Will match, it's very easy for him to get lost in the shuffle at AEW.

CMLL has a lot of matches that will be great for him. If he goes back to Japan, Dragongate and NJPW will make him a priority too.
Japan would be fine because FD can still bring the Ospreay-Ricochet match. Even the Rey Fenix match up would be 🔥. Part of me feels like Ospreay is probably baiting him into AEW tho.

Japan would be fine because FD can still bring the Ospreay-Ricochet match. Even the Rey Fenix match up would be 🔥. Part of me feels like Ospreay is probably baiting him into AEW tho.
I'll be honest, I think if Ricochet does make the jump to AEW, they're having the match at All In.
Will has always spoke highly of him so I won't be surprised if they let him have a match on the biggest stage.

I hope he reinvents himself or at least picks up enough charisma to develop some personality on the mic, then go back to a WWE and be in the main event.

He should be built as a dark major heel. If WWE got him Idk man look at Andrade...and if he stays with AEW he hasn't really got that singles push. They need to do something!
hopefully they don't give him a sellout gimmick like Chavo did as the Mexican Tiger Woods Kerwin White.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that WWE's Ricochet has given notice that he intends to exit the company when his current contract expires this summer. We are told that Ricochet is expected to be written out of WWE storylines very soon in advance of the contract expiration. Ricochet is currently part of WWE's Raw brand.

Over the course of his WWE run, Ricochet has held the WWE Intercontinental Championship, The United States Championship, The WWE NXT North American Championship and was the inaugural WWE Speed Champion. He and Aleister (Malakai) Black won the 2019 WWE NXT Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic.

Ricochet signed with WWE back in 2018 after memorable runs in New Japan Pro Wrestling (where he won the 2014 Best of Super Junior tournament), EVOLVE, Dragon Gate and Lucha Underground, where he held the LU Championship twice and was the centerpiece of the El Rey Network series as the masked Prince Puma. Ricochet's New Japan run included a celebrated bout against Will Ospreay (now in AEW) that could obviously be revisited once Ricochet is free and clear contractually. Ricochet was also the first-ever House of Glory Champion.

One source we spoke with said they were giving Ricochet "all the credit in the world for betting on himself." One would think he'll quickly be a hot commodity as a free agent.

I wish him the best and he’s a great athlete… but a major charisma vacuum. AEW will get bored of him very quickly the way they’re treating talent right now. At least WWE looked like they been trying.

Seem like a case of too little...too late. Yeah HHH was trying under his regime. But it seem like Ricochet probably already had his mind made up. Especially since he told them he was bouncin when his contract ends.

I would be shocked af if he doesn't end up in AEW at some compacity.

He will thrive in a company that prioritises wrestling over character / stories. Hence why I said Mexico and Japan.

He's cooked in every company he's been in, it's only the WWE where the glass ceiling was very visible.

He's one of those talents that will get over purely through his in-ring work. He was a human highlight reel before the expectations of him having to be a good talker were bundled upon him.

He might get lost in the shuffle at AEW but the beauty of it all is that he's free to work other companies at the same time.

I'm sure many great exhibition matches are in Ricochet's future. I wonder if he can grow his hair back. It's rough in wrestling if you're bald and lack charisma to sell yourself. That's what is killing the Good Brothers. If you notice, Baron Corbin has been through multiple gimmicks without missing a beat; you already know he will eventually be world champion again because WWE typically awards that versatility.

I'm sure many great exhibition matches are in Ricochet's future. I wonder if he can grow his hair back. It's rough in wrestling if you're bald and lack charisma to sell yourself. That's what is killing the Good Brothers. If you notice, Baron Corbin has been through multiple gimmicks without missing a beat; you already know he will eventually be world champion again because WWE typically awards that versatility.
Bro what lmaooooooooo

It doesn't need to be difficult at all. Rey Mysterio is one of the most beloved wrestlers on the planet. Not a great promo. Also bald.

What got him over in AAA / ECW / WCW / WWE etc etc. is just going in the ring and amazing people.

It doesn't need to be difficult at all. Rey Mysterio is one of the most beloved wrestlers on the planet. Not a great promo. Also bald.

What got him over in AAA / ECW / WCW / WWE etc etc. is just going in the ring and amazing people.
Prince Puma worked great because the mask was his gimmick and it didn't hurt that Konnan/Vampiro sold the shit out of him.

Back