Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I seen the spot when it happened. WTF was he thinking landing on his feet from 20 feet up? He’s lucky that’s all that happened. He could’ve done much worse to his knees/legs.

Mf literally jumped upright from the top of the cage lmao

The internal reaction to Adam Copeland breaking his tibia and needing surgery among AEW staff and talent has been universal sadness and sympathy based on those PWInsider.com has spoken with today.

Despite the obvious creative issues related to having to make a decision about the status of the AEW TNT Championship, which Copeland will obviously have to vacate, we are told that behind the scenes, Copeland has risen into being a great mentor and sounding board for talents. Among those we've spoken with, they felt there would be a great void behind the scenes while he was gone recovering.

PWInsider.com has been asked over the last several days of AEW and Copeland using "The Brood" name as part of Double or Nothing. We are told that Copeland now owns the rights and trademarks to the term, which was the name of the group he, Gangrel and Christian Cage were all part of in WWE in the late 1990s.

According to the Puck’s Matthew Belloni, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav and TNT Sports head Luis Silberwasser would like to keep AEW programming on TNT and TBS but said the clock is ticking.

“I’m told the exclusive window closes in July, and AEW leader Tony Khan is said to be disappointed with the offer currently on the table,” wrote Belloni.

In his piece, the former editor of The Hollywood Reporter suggested that AEW could gain more leverage if Warner Bros. Discovery loses its NBA broadcasting rights, even though AEW’s renewal cost is small compared to the NBA. If Warner Bros. Discovery doesn’t secure a deal with AEW, other competitors could vie for the promotion’s programming. However, Belloni questioned AEW’s appeal to other platforms, noting only non-WWE partners could bid. Despite this, Belloni noted that AEW performs well on Turner networks, calling it reliable programming, and that a competing bidder could pressure Zaslav in negotiations.

AEW’s Pr team is damage control mode…

I called it after her Rumble appearance that Triple H was gonna wanna work with Grace more. TNA having a working relationship with WWE is a good move.

Back