Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Honestly I forgot he discovered Jade. Yeah hopefully he can get back to NXT.

I was more going off his stupid Rampage main event introduction and just being a WWE guy backstage.

But they def should release whatever they are paying Big Show and put it toward something better.

Yeah but AEW doesn't train wrestlers so his skillset wasn't a fit. Hopefully he continues talent scouting because he seems to have the eye for it.
They do. (or did rather). QT was training them at the Nightmare Factory. Danielson, Dean Malenko and Pat Buck were on hand as coaches too.

AEW just didn't priortise the lesser skilled talent, unfortunately.

They do. (or did rather). QT was training them at the Nightmare Factory. Danielson, Dean Malenko and Pat Buck were on hand as coaches too.

AEW just didn't priortise the lesser skilled talent, unfortunately.
Nightmare Factor was 2 mins by my house in a generic multi office suite before they moved it. I remember driving home from work one nigh and it was when they did the 1 Dynamite episode from there during the pandemic and thought it was cool a big show was being filmed in these tiny offices right next to my crib and you couldn't even tell on tv because they put blacked out curtains on every wall.

Honestly I forgot he discovered Jade. Yeah hopefully he can get back to NXT.

I was more going off his stupid Rampage main event introduction and just being a WWE guy backstage.

But they def should release whatever they are paying Big Show and put it toward something better.
Big Show has been a world champ in Wcw & Wwe..... he will go back to HHH & eat well in catering & make limited charity appearances.

Eddie Kingston is currently slated to go under the knife to repair his ACL and meniscus tears on 7/8, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Kingston previously relayed to PWInsider.com that he's been advised that he'll initially have to wait for the fracture in his leg to heal and do some physical therapy before surgeons can then focus on his knee.

Kingston has been advised it will likely be ten months before he'll be able to return to the ring. That would place his comeback, if there are no changes to the expected timeline, for May 2025.

Kingston told PWInsider last week he's, "Not mad. I don't give a f***. it's what happens when you wrestle. Just gotta get f**king better."

As PWInsider.com reported last week, there were layovers in World Wrestling Entertainment. PWInsider.com is told that about ten long-standing employees from across different divisions were let go.

The most shocking name internally was Kristin Prouty, who had long been associated with the company since coming to its attention as the original Casting Director for the initial Diva Search won by Christy Hemme back in 2005. After working independently with the company for five years, she officially joined in 2005 and at the time of her departure, held the title of Senior Vice President, Entertainment Relations. Prouty's position was to engage with the entertainment world and bridge the gap for talents to join different TV series, red carpet events, etc. She's credited with finding lots of talents who came into the company, including The Bellas and The Miz and would have been the person booking Raw Guest Hosts and locking in celebrities for storylines.

Last week, John Pollock of POST Wrestling and Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics reported that Head of Corporate Social Responsibility Beth Fisher was among the WWE layoffs as well. Fisher joined the company in 2011 and at one point, worked directly under Vince McMahon.

PWInsider.com can confirm that Kristen Velez, who worked as a Manager in Talent Relations and had worked under Kevin Dunn for many years, also exited last week as part of the layoffs. She had been with the company from 2001 on.

We are told that there were additional departures in Travel, Marketing and a number of other departments.

These exits follow the firings of Steve Rubin, who held the post of Senior Director, TV Event Relations and had been with the company since 1998 and Michael Levin, VP of International Events and GM of Emerging Markets, who joined WWE back in 2016, as Endeavor continues to assimilate WWE and UFC together and reduce redundencies.

According to the Puck’s Matthew Belloni, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav and TNT Sports head Luis Silberwasser would like to keep AEW programming on TNT and TBS but said the clock is ticking.

“I’m told the exclusive window closes in July, and AEW leader Tony Khan is said to be disappointed with the offer currently on the table,” wrote Belloni.

In his piece, the former editor of The Hollywood Reporter suggested that AEW could gain more leverage if Warner Bros. Discovery loses its NBA broadcasting rights, even though AEW’s renewal cost is small compared to the NBA. If Warner Bros. Discovery doesn’t secure a deal with AEW, other competitors could vie for the promotion’s programming. However, Belloni questioned AEW’s appeal to other platforms, noting only non-WWE partners could bid. Despite this, Belloni noted that AEW performs well on Turner networks, calling it reliable programming, and that a competing bidder could pressure Zaslav in negotiations.

Now, we have the latest in what figures to be of long list of updates on Lynch’s future — this one from PWTorch’s Wade Keller:

She is not, according to what she’s telling people in WWE, going to AEW imminently. Instead, multiple sources with insights into her situation indicate she is taking a hiatus. We are not aware of whether this is to spend more time at home and take a break from the grind or if it’s out of frustration with her contract offer from WWE.
One source, who Keller describes a “colleague” of Lynch’s, said what most people believe: that Becky will eventually be back in WWE. This person cites the fact that Lynch’s husband Seth Rollins is a full-time member of the WWE roster (and reportedly just re-signed himself on a “big money” deal) to support that idea. Right now, however, the source says Becky’s “body and mind could use a break for a while.”

Now, we have the latest in what figures to be of long list of updates on Lynch’s future — this one from PWTorch’s Wade Keller:

One source, who Keller describes a “colleague” of Lynch’s, said what most people believe: that Becky will eventually be back in WWE. This person cites the fact that Lynch’s husband Seth Rollins is a full-time member of the WWE roster (and reportedly just re-signed himself on a “big money” deal) to support that idea. Right now, however, the source says Becky’s “body and mind could use a break for a while.”
She can go away for as long as possibly can.

Back