Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I mentioned this a week ago but soon I can see people lobbying for Danielson to become head of creative if this shit keeps up. Everything starts with the actual product itself. Its no surprise that once Hunter got in the seat business exploded upward. TK is legit becoming the same nigga he hates... VKM. Its time for him to come up off the creative.
He needs to pass the book for either AEW or ROH and just focus on one. Ideally AEW and stop cross contaminating with ROH.

He also needs to say no to talent a lot more. AEW is at it's best when it's focused on great wrestling, no hokey angles and not being reactive.

Punk was booking Collision and those first few weeks were coherent, given room to breathe and gave the stage to talents like Bullet Club, Starks, Samoa Joe, FTR, House of Black and the less used women. He got fired and Collision basically became non-essential viewing that was of no consequence lmao.

Dragon's Collision is a 1 match show for the most part, smh.

Punk was booking Collision and those first few weeks were coherent, given room to breathe and gave the stage to talents like Bullet Club, Starks, Samoa Joe, FTR, House of Black and the less used women. He got fired and Collision basically became non-essential viewing that was of no consequence lmao.

Dragon's Collision is a 1 match show for the most part, smh.

This nigga booking 4 shows himself is basically insanity. 3 of them dont even mean shit most of the time and are mostly filled with nothingness.

Why do they do these title shots when we know the opponent ain’t winning? They should just do non-title matches.

This nigga booking 4 shows himself is basically insanity. 3 of them dont even mean shit most of the time and are mostly filled with nothingness.
Everything is in service to Dynamite basically. Which I get cos it's the flagship show but it doesn't mean everyhing else has to suffer smh.

He needs to pass the book for either AEW or ROH and just focus on one. Ideally AEW and stop cross contaminating with ROH.

He also needs to say no to talent a lot more. AEW is at it's best when it's focused on great wrestling, no hokey angles and not being reactive.
He loves ECW so much Rampage should be modeled after Hardcore TV. Throw the FTW, Continental (sigh), and Trios title.

Collision gets the Women's title and the International and Tag Titles. Forbidden Door shit goes here.

Dynamite gets the World title and the TV titles and is the more angle based show. ROH becomes true developmental similar to dark and elevation. No brand splits but their should be more consistent rosters for each show to help maximize their huge roster.

Just building the shows around titles would give them focus and direction. As it is, it's just a televised indie show.

He loves ECW so much Rampage should be modeled after Hardcore TV. Throw the FTW, Continental (sigh), and Trios title.

Collision gets the Women's title and the International and Tag Titles. Forbidden Door shit goes here.

Dynamite gets the World title and the TV titles and is the more angle based show. ROH becomes true developmental similar to dark and elevation. No brand splits but their should be more consistent rosters for each show to help maximize their huge roster.

Just building the shows around titles would give them focus and direction. As it is, it's just a televised indie show.
Rampage actually started hitting it's stride as a variety show. It has joshis and lucha stuff with the occasional ROH title defence when Claudio was champion but for some reason that slowed up.

Re: the title splits, it made sense when Dynamite had the World, International and Womens before whilst Collision had the "Real Worlds Championship", TNT and TBS titles with the Trios and Tag floating between shows depending on what was necessary. The shows had a structure but then with the collapse of the soft brand split and MJF getting way too much creative control it fell by the way side.

For what it's worth ROH basically is being used as their developmental. Characters are being worked on and retooled where needed there like Ethan Page's. The women's division is very strong there too because TK doesn't have to constantly fight the network on getting them more time. It just so happens all their champions besides Athena are on AEW tv instead of showing up to ROH.

There was structure but it got very lost.

Rampage actually started hitting it's stride as a variety show. It has joshis and lucha stuff with the occasional ROH title defence when Claudio was champion but for some reason that slowed up.

Re: the title splits, it made sense when Dynamite had the World, International and Womens before whilst Collision had the "Real Worlds Championship", TNT and TBS titles with the Trios and Tag floating between shows depending on what was necessary. The shows had a structure but then with the collapse of the soft brand split and MJF getting way too much creative control it fell by the way side.

For what it's worth ROH basically is being used as their developmental. Characters are being worked on and retooled where needed there like Ethan Page's. The women's division is very strong there too because TK doesn't have to constantly fight the network on getting them more time. It just so happens all their champions besides Athena are on AEW tv instead of showing up to ROH.

There was structure but it got very lost.
ROH should get their belts off AEW TV and yeah the occasional Rampage defense would work if the champion(s) were compelling enough.

But yeah, I don't even think a brand split would be needed since Tony wouldn't be able to stick to it. Just "structure" would be an enormous improvement to the ad hoc way they been going.

ROH should get their belts off AEW TV and yeah the occasional Rampage defense would work if the champion(s) were compelling enough.

But yeah, I don't even think a brand split would be needed since Tony wouldn't be able to stick to it. Just "structure" would be an enormous improvement to the ad hoc way they been going.
A soft brand split can definitely work. The other shows need stars that will be constantly be there that'll give solid reasons to watch. Not all the stars show up on Dynamite and MAYBE they'll show up on Collision. Shit's wack at the moment. Agree on the structure though 100%

A top star on AEW has already been out of the ring for over six months, but now they’re off television as well.

Adam Cole has been sidelined since having ankle surgery last year, and based on what we’ve heard from sources close to him, he’s not very close to coming back to the ring. Beyond that, he hasn’t been on television of late.

Fightful Select is told that Adam Cole has been off of the road of lately, as it was slowing the progression he was making towards recovering from the injury.

Cole has been out of action since September, and those we've spoken to in AEW say they don't have a specific timetable for his return. Him appearing on AEW TV isn't out of the question, but the frequency was reduced.

The fact he's been out almost a year is crazy!

At least he's still doin his Twitch streams. Lol

Tony Khan aint gone learn his lesson until a lot of top talent in AEW starts leaving the company once their contracts expired. I know Hook's contract is up this year and he's already talking about exploring other companies.

Tbh, I think when Wardlow, Ricky Starks, Aleister Black & Buddy Murphy contracts are up they are either going to the indie scene or WWE. I think Miro is probably gone as well when his deal is finished. TK has a house of talent and doesn't use them regularly or properly.

Agreed. ROH needs to stay in ROH. Tbh, I really think Rampage should be canceled and TK should just stick w/Dynamite & Collision.

Tony Khan aint gone learn his lesson until a lot of top talent in AEW starts leaving the company once their contracts expired. I know Hook's contract is up this year and he's already talking about exploring other companies.

Tbh, I think when Wardlow, Ricky Starks, Aleister Black & Buddy Murphy contracts are up they are either going to the indie scene or WWE. I think Miro is probably gone as well when his deal is finished. TK has a house of talent and doesn't use them regularly or properly.
Facts. If 2023 has shown anything, he's given a lot of the ex-WWE talent reasons to leave. The rabid online fanbase having the "if you don't like it here then fuck off attitude" isn't helping shit either. It'll just present the company as nothing more than a stepping stone.

Agreed. ROH needs to stay in ROH. Tbh, I really think Rampage should be canceled and TK should just stick w/Dynamite & Collision.
Rampage will never get cancelled as long as WBD keeps paying AEW for it. It does incredibly well for it's timeslot every week too despite it being non-essential viewing.

Back