Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Fightful Select can confirm Mike Santana is now gone from AEW after he was removed from their roster page. We will have more details this week.

Even though I didn't care for the tag team of Santana and Ortiz, they seemed to be pretty popular together. What went so wrong that the tag team broke up and Santana seems to want to be far away from Ortiz.

Even though I didn't care for the tag team of Santana and Ortiz, they seemed to be pretty popular together. What went so wrong that the tag team broke up and Santana seems to want to be far away from Ortiz.
Santana felt Ortiz was riding for him or the team when he would havebpush backs to management and separated himself.

I think from what i remember...Santana didn't like the direction they was going and felt they weren't being utilized better. He felt Ortiz was cool where they were at, but I think Ortiz felt like Santana should be more patient.

That's the gist but I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me.

I think from what i remember...Santana didn't like the direction they was going and felt they weren't being utilized better. He felt Ortiz was cool where they were at, but I think Ortiz felt like Santana should be more patient.

He broke up the team and then went nowhere

Correct. And he was right. He's getting a lot of bookings on the indies now. Can't fault him for wanting more for himself when AEW failed to pull the trigger on him and Ortiz getting the tag belts.

Correct. And he was right. He's getting a lot of bookings on the indies now. Can't fault him for wanting more for himself when AEW failed to pull the trigger on him and Ortiz getting the tag belts.

Yeah I think back when Jericho announced it was gonna be he & Sammy going for the tag titles, and not Santana & Ortiz...I knew that was the end. THAT was the moment for AEW to capitalize on them.

Back