Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Oh boy

CM Punk's dreams of headlining Wrestlemania will likely not be realized this year.

PWInsider.com can confirm that Punk suffered a torn triceps during the Men's Royal Rumble match and is believed to heading towards surgery after an appearance on tonight's Raw. Punk is in Tampa for the show.

The belief among sources we have spoken with is that post-surgery, Punk would likely need in the area of 4-6 months of recovery and physical therapy. If correct, that would obvioiusly put him out of Wrestlemania as a wrestler and if he gets the surgery within the next week, it likely means he wouldn't be able to return to the ring until this summer.

A review of the match shows that Punk may have been injured taking a DDT from Drew McIntyre. Punk rolled out of the ring holding his left arm following that spot. Punk suffered a torn triceps of his right arm while performing for AEW, so this would be a new injury, not a reoccurence of a previous injury. Punk was the final competitor eliminated by Cody Rhodes.

Punk returned to WWE this past November at the 2023 Survivor Series and wrestled two live event matches against Dominik Mysterio the following month. The Men's Royal Rumble match was his first televised WWE match since the 2014 Rumble match.

WWE had been building to Punk vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins at Mania this April in Philadelphia. How they pivot remain unknown as this time.

Yeah I don't care. Cuz you just said it...its a lose lose situation. If it was HHH instead of Cody who gave that answer...would that pleased folks to where they'd be like "Ok cool. I'm good." No.

If I was him...we just had a great show. Why da fucc do I wanna spend that time talkin about VKM nasty azzz? You asked a question. I gave you an answer. K.I.M. If my answer isn't to your liking...oh well. My focus is on the talent on our current roster, and preparing for shyt leading up to WM and beyond. VKM is a book that finally gets thrown in the bowels of the darkest storage basement at WWE HQ. That era is done for good.

Folks griping about his answers, but no one is gonna lose any sleep over that shyt. Big picture wise...THE VKM RULERSHIP IS OVER!!! ALL PRAISES BE TO ALLAH!

Lol

Which is why you're not understanding the nature of this
Nothing else to see here
Peace and Light

Oh boy

CM Punk's dreams of headlining Wrestlemania will likely not be realized this year.

PWInsider.com can confirm that Punk suffered a torn triceps during the Men's Royal Rumble match and is believed to heading towards surgery after an appearance on tonight's Raw. Punk is in Tampa for the show.

The belief among sources we have spoken with is that post-surgery, Punk would likely need in the area of 4-6 months of recovery and physical therapy. If correct, that would obvioiusly put him out of Wrestlemania as a wrestler and if he gets the surgery within the next week, it likely means he wouldn't be able to return to the ring until this summer.

A review of the match shows that Punk may have been injured taking a DDT from Drew McIntyre. Punk rolled out of the ring holding his left arm following that spot. Punk suffered a torn triceps of his right arm while performing for AEW, so this would be a new injury, not a reoccurence of a previous injury. Punk was the final competitor eliminated by Cody Rhodes.

Punk returned to WWE this past November at the 2023 Survivor Series and wrestled two live event matches against Dominik Mysterio the following month. The Men's Royal Rumble match was his first televised WWE match since the 2014 Rumble match.

WWE had been building to Punk vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins at Mania this April in Philadelphia. How they pivot remain unknown as this time.

This man's body has failed him since he's returned to wrestling. Nigga cant catch a break at all.

Guess they move to Seth / Gunther now which I'm not mad at but this was horrid luck

I been sayin for awhile that Punk was on the verge of washed while in AEW. He's still a smart wrestler and he can will himself to good matches off his ring psychology alone but it might be a wrap.

Oh boy

Summer Slam it is

If true...geezus crust. Smh.

If he's gonna be out...then just put Gunther in his spot for that title match against Seth at. Have Gunther lose at the Germany ppv.

Then again...you still got Priest wit that briefcase. Hmmm...ok I'm stuck.

It's a good thing that they actually have options now but that shit still sucks having to change plans due to all the injuries. I swear mania season is cursed

Oh boy

1706559778537.gif

Ok so he on TV tonight to announce it. they should have Guntha beat his ass to write him off.

Back