Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Against HHH when he beat him and the faced him again the next week

During every single Multi man ladder match that they ever placed him in at the time

Against HBK when he took that super kick mid air. (A spot ppl still talk about today)

During his IC title run

Shit he was even over when they brought in THEA to play his on screen mama. Ofc this was the beginning of them not taking him serious no more but still
Already mentioned that two week Triple H feud where he was over but not because of Shelton but because of the hatred for triple h at the time.

The other things you mentioned are just lil moments that quickly faded away the next week and he went back to nobody caring.

His IC title run didn't do anything which is why they came with the momma story to try and get him over

Already mentioned that two week Triple H feud where he was over but not because of Shelton but because of the hatred for triple h at the time.

The other things you mentioned are just lil moments that quickly faded away the next week and he went back to nobody caring.

His IC title run didn't do anything which is why they came with the momma story to try and get him over

Nah man you can't just credit that to HHH. It was at a time when he was on the rise and ppl legit wanted to see him pushed. That's why it was so crushing whenever they ran it back and let him lose. They fed him to HHH basically to help him get even more heat cus they knew he was a fan favorite.

Can't believe that u calling all those other moments forgettable either when ppl still talk about them today bro.

Only thing they don't talk about is the Mama story because a lot of people hated it. Like i said thats when they made him a joke

Shelton was in that weird place where he was liked by fans but you could kinda tell he had a low ceiling and the IC title was gonna be it. I remember being hype when he beat Triple H. Only thing is they didn’t do shit else besides that momma bullshit to make him more interesting. He could have just been a wrestling badass like Benoit & I think fans would have been ok with that. Sucks it didn’t work for him.

Back