Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Within WWE this evening, the initial response to Vince McMahon's resignation was a mix of relief and happiness, depending on who you speak with.

There are some who feel that McMahon got what was coming to him based on the allegations in the lawsuit filing by Janel Grant.

There was also a feeling that once Slim Jim paused their sponsorship (a deal that was worth a huge amount of money to the company) there were going to be additional dominoes that fell and McMahon would have no choice but to unceremoniously exit at some point, but his resignation happened much faster than anyone in the company had expected even earlier today. As one source noted, Slim Jim's latest deal with WWE, announced in August 2023, was the largest sponsorship in the history of WWE, and once that money was in danger of being lost, "it was just a matter of time."

There are also some who are glad Vince is now distanced "officially" from the company, as he was, as one source commented, "a black cloud hanging over everything even though he wasn't involved in anything" at this point. McMahon had not been in charge of WWE Creative for some time and his role in the company was more ceremonial then anything else at this juncture. Now, that has ended as well.

There are some in the company hoping that this opens the door for Stephanie McMahon to return, although others we spoke to cautioned that it's not the same company that existed (internally) before Endeavor took over ownership so how she might potentially fit back in would not be immediately known.

There is also a belief (and depending on who you are, a concern) that Endeavor may sweep out anyone close to Vince McMahon and his remaining team in order to have a complete "fresh start" for the company going forward. There were employees who exited the company when Vince initially resigned who returned when he forced his way back in. For those who have remained with WWE post-Endeavor purchase, the belief among those we've spoken with tonight is their connection to McMahon may be a major negative going forward for their WWE status.

While McMahon is still a massive stockholder in the company, he cannot force his way back into power the way he did the last time he resigned. Post-Endeavor sale, he is no longer the majority stockholder and would not have the power to return the way he did before. There is no effective way for him to return to the Board on his own.

Obviously, a lot is happening and very quickly. We will update accordingly but many in the company are hoping the focus will be back on this weekend's Royal Rumble PPV, The Netflix deal, etc.

This might be crazy but I’m for a fresh restart.

I wouldn’t want to lose triple h but at the same time they gotta do what they gotta do
If they lose HHH, WWE is going to be in SERIOUS trouble. The direction they are in right now is basically built off the back of HHH. If HHH gets the boot who is going to be able run creative besides HBK?

Shane has been proven to not have a very good track record. Stephanie probably wouldn't be able or probably doesn't want to be head of creative long-term. Getting rid of HHH would be disastrous b/c nobody at Endeavor probably isn't experienced enough to handle the WWE product.

If they lost Hunter im not sure i have hope for WWE tbh. It would probably be worse or end up WCW status by Endeavor scrambling to find whoever to run it.
That's exactly what would happen. It might not sound like a smart move from a business standpoint but if it gets to a point where so many heads at the main & top levels start to roll then Endeavor should just cut ties w/WWE.

I know WWE is like a multi-billion dollar brand name but it's toxic because of VINCE MCMAHON and his bullshit scandals and it's been like this for YEARS. From the steroid scandal to the Saudi blood money to doing a WM during covid to these pay off and now this pimpin & trafficking scandal.

He was a member of the board that ran the sham internal investigation. I'm not throwing anything out.
Again, you're throwing out accusations on HHH when there has been no proof that his name is in any cover up. The only person name being mentioned outside of Vince & Johnny Ace is BROCK LESNAR.

Now they might have to sit him down for a good minute until all the bullshit is over with....

This might be crazy but I’m for a fresh restart.

I wouldn’t want to lose triple h but at the same time they gotta do what they gotta do

HHH name havent came up once in any of this shit, all i see is internet detectives trying to tie him to it on twitter and thats probably what you're going off of too.

Ya'll gotta chill and let the professionals handle this

Back