Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

They keep churning out new talent too often and the ones who are on the main roster may be pushed aside unless it’s a big name. I remember Bruce Pritchard saying how if someone requests their release they’ll most likely give it to them. Guess not anymore

Last edited:
Sasha Banks is reportedly at a stalemate with WWE, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

Regarding the situation between the two sides, we've noted how Banks reportedly tried to quit the company during WrestleMania 35 weekend as she was unhappy about her team with Bayley being split up, and the decision to put the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles on The IIconics. Banks and Bayley believed they would be given a lengthy run with the titles to make them mean something.

Word from within WWE is that Banks wants to sit out the rest of her contract, according to Meltzer.

There's no word yet on when Banks would be eligible to leave the company but Meltzer noted that WWE could add time to the contract for the time she spends not working, similar to the situation with Neville in late 2017. She could be out of action for a significant amount of time if WWE adds time to the contract.

It was noted that WWE does want Banks back in the mix, but she wants things to be different. Those differences are unclear and not agreed on because the two sides have not made up yet.

Banks has been scheduled for the May 19 WWE Money In the Bank pay-per-view, but her status for the show is up in the air right now.
Banks might be expendable right now a lot of females ready for the phone call from HHHmost notably is Bianca Belair,Baszler & RheaRipley

Last edited:
As reported by Sports Illustrated, former WCW star Dean Malenko has left his WWE backstage role. For the past eight years, Dean has worked as an agent, mostly focusing on tag matches. His prolific career as a technical wrestler was no doubt an asset for any superstar who wanted to compete at a level beyond WWE’s standard fare.

In his wrestling career, Dean was known as the “Man of 1000 Holds.” That nickname would be forever remembered as the fodder for one of Chris Jericho’s most infamous segments, where he read off a printed list of all 1,004 holds he knew. A second-generation performer, Dean had runs in all three major North American promotions in the 1990s.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...quits-wwe-backstage-agent#FZIfeIjGkas8fTqX.99

WWE RAW Superstar Lio Rush reportedly has heat within the company.

Rush has reportedly made it very clear to many people within the company that he thinks he should the top guy on the brand, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Rush is not shy about sharing where he thinks he should be in the company and The Observer noted that he's a very confident man, which can rub people the wrong way, even though that's what it takes to be a star in the business.

There's no word yet on what the heat will mean for Rush's career, but The Observer noted that he was not with Bobby Lashley for this week's RAW dark main event in Des Moines, Iowa. That match saw Braun Strowman and WWEUniversal Champion Seth Rollins defeat Lashley and Drew McIntyre. Lashley did not appear on this week's RAW broadcast. Rush did appear on last Monday's Superstar Shakeup edition of RAW from Montreal, with Lashley. Rush has been in the managerial role with Lashley for the most part, but he did work a few WWE 205 Live matches earlier this year.

Rush took to Twitter this afternoon and issued what could be seen as a direct response to the reports.

"The fact of the matter is no matter what you do you do in life, no matter what route you take, you'll always have people out there that'll try to tear you down. Tell you that you can't be or do something. Try to stomp on your name and hault your success. The fact of the matter is that i love what i do and have been in love with the dreams of being in the current position that I'm in now since i was 5 years old . The fact of the matter is that i am a young, hungry, and humble husband and father of two boys who believes in himself more than anybody will ever believe in me. The fact of the matter is that i am a passionate African American male in America who takes my passion seriously and will do whatever it takes to change me and my family's situation," Rush wrote.

As reported by Sports Illustrated, former WCW star Dean Malenko has left his WWE backstage role. For the past eight years, Dean has worked as an agent, mostly focusing on tag matches. His prolific career as a technical wrestler was no doubt an asset for any superstar who wanted to compete at a level beyond WWE’s standard fare.

In his wrestling career, Dean was known as the “Man of 1000 Holds.” That nickname would be forever remembered as the fodder for one of Chris Jericho’s most infamous segments, where he read off a printed list of all 1,004 holds he knew. A second-generation performer, Dean had runs in all three major North American promotions in the 1990s.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...quits-wwe-backstage-agent#FZIfeIjGkas8fTqX.99
I missed his cruiserweight matches in WCW....he 's a very underrated perfomer

WWE RAW Superstar Lio Rush reportedly has heat within the company.

Rush has reportedly made it very clear to many people within the company that he thinks he should the top guy on the brand, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Rush is not shy about sharing where he thinks he should be in the company and The Observer noted that he's a very confident man, which can rub people the wrong way, even though that's what it takes to be a star in the business.

There's no word yet on what the heat will mean for Rush's career, but The Observer noted that he was not with Bobby Lashley for this week's RAW dark main event in Des Moines, Iowa. That match saw Braun Strowman and WWEUniversal Champion Seth Rollins defeat Lashley and Drew McIntyre. Lashley did not appear on this week's RAW broadcast. Rush did appear on last Monday's Superstar Shakeup edition of RAW from Montreal, with Lashley. Rush has been in the managerial role with Lashley for the most part, but he did work a few WWE 205 Live matches earlier this year.

Rush took to Twitter this afternoon and issued what could be seen as a direct response to the reports.

"The fact of the matter is no matter what you do you do in life, no matter what route you take, you'll always have people out there that'll try to tear you down. Tell you that you can't be or do something. Try to stomp on your name and hault your success. The fact of the matter is that i love what i do and have been in love with the dreams of being in the current position that I'm in now since i was 5 years old . The fact of the matter is that i am a young, hungry, and humble husband and father of two boys who believes in himself more than anybody will ever believe in me. The fact of the matter is that i am a passionate African American male in America who takes my passion seriously and will do whatever it takes to change me and my family's situation," Rush wrote.
I would hope that he gets another opportunity..... His matches in CZW proved that he will keep a good job outside of WEe very soon

Last edited:
WWE Hall of Famer Tony Atlas adamantly disapproves of Banks' desire to quit the company. In a recent interview with Boston Wrestling MWF, Atlas shared his thoughts on the situation, feeling that Banks is making a bad decision to hold WWE up while she is sitting at home. To Atlas, Banks is making a "power play," which will backfire. He feels that WWE will fire Banks for "putting fear into her employee."

They never fire you on the spot," said Atlas. "You always get it at home. That's why they say go home and think about it. Now what they do, they have a meeting. Now, if she [does] decide to come back, they're going to destroy her. Her career is over. They'll job her out. She lost [reliability], because what she... just told them, 'you can't trust me.' That's all she did. She let the wrestling world [down], and not just the wrestling world; everybody [who is] affiliated with the WWE is looking at it the same way."

Atlas stated that "WWE don't need Sasha Banks; Sasha Banks needs WWE, "and Banks will find herself going "lower and lower on the totem pole" without the backing of WWE. He also believes that "every woman in the WWE celebrated" when word got around that she wants to quit, because it opens up an opportunity for them.

"You know how many women right now [are] kissing up to Triple H, kissing up to Stephanie [McMahon] and saying, 'who are you gonna put in that spot?' She left a spot. They're glad she's gone. Every woman there is glad Sasha's gone. She's gone. Vince is not going to let [her do that]. If Vince let her do that, [this is] what you gotta understand, he just told every wrestler there that they could do that."

Knowing that Vince McMahon is a smart businessman and "don't get into nothing without first having a way out," Atlas feels that Banks could be making the worst decision of her wrestling career.

"She made the biggest mistake of her wrestling career," said Atlas. "They would never push her like that again." Atlas believes that anyone who leaves WWE after using the company to gain popularity is "working their way down," instead of up, because "everything [else] out there is beneath him." He adds that Vince will "make it hard" on Banks and use her as an example to the other women.

This coon always on this sucka shit
tenor.gif

Easier said than done. WWE knows if these wrestlers are able to leave, hundreds would have no problem filling those spots. It’s been working for years so why change it now?

Do y'all really think the wrestlers care about Sasha being gone because of this, they looking to be the next one up for her spot

Do y'all really think the wrestlers care about Sasha being gone because of this, they looking to be the next one up for her spot
This is almost an exact quote from Tony Atlas's recent interview. What spot is there to fill?? Sasha wasnt doing shit anyway before the tag titles.

This is almost an exact quote from Tony Atlas's recent interview. What spot is there to fill?? Sasha wasnt doing shit anyway before the tag titles.

She was on tv every week, look at all the other chicks that's just sitting around doing nothing. I do think Sasha should leave but everyone else sees this as an opportunity

She was on tv every week, look at all the other chicks that's just sitting around doing nothing. I do think Sasha should leave but everyone else sees this as an opportunity

Yep. Next person up. When Steve Austin left in 2002, it did hurt WWE but most of those wrestlers back then saw it as an opportunity. Same mindset now

Easier said than done. WWE knows if these wrestlers are able to leave, hundreds would have no problem filling those spots. It’s been working for years so why change it now?

1 or 2 wrestlers leaving isn’t a big deal

legends signing w other companies isn’t a big deal

they’re not losing wrestlers at an alarming rate in order to fill spots, and they couldn’t anyway.. if 20 choose to protest, you’re telling me that all 20 would be punished or replaced? nope. They don’t have 20 to fill a spot and doing that would be bad shit for wwe

A strike is def needed. They’re just all too scared.

Yeah if 1 or 2 leave then they will think replaceable, if the whole roster takes a stand WWE not about to fire all of them and start a whole NW roster, they would have to make changes.

Back