Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

that’s your opinion, and it’s cool.
but with how the BL storyline has been dragging along this year, i just believe roman holding onto the title this far into 2023 wasn’t the original plan

they didn’t want this historic reign to end at the hands of someone who’s only been active on the roster for six months heading into the WM main event

No bruh that's not an opinion. It was reported for him to lose that match. Injury or no injury. It had nothin to do wit him being on the roster for 6 months. It was the plan all along.

Me being there live to bear witness to the Tribal Chiefs greatest victory was my greatest wrestling experience. 80,000 broken hearts. Gets no better than that. The only plan there could ever be is Cody looking at the lights.

Which is why I mentioned about Dustin...Cody too, and those w/n that WWE creative circle...knew this is how Dusty would've booked it. So I'm inclined to believe the people who knew the man personally, and how his creative mind worked regarding bookin matches. And think about it...when was the last time WWE had a SUPER over babyface, to possibly face a SUPER heel in a WM match?

What better way to build that up than have Cody lose at WM...then throw every obstacle in his way for him to overcome. In meantime...you continue having your heel champ build even more heat by rubbing that shyt in everyone's faces. Have fans pissed that his reign continues, and now they're lookin for a top guy to dethrone him.

So by the time WM40 comes around, it's pretty much an old skool prowrestling babyface vs heel build up

Last edited:
No bruh that's not an opinion. It was reported for him to lose that match. Injury or no injury. It had nothin to do wit him being on the roster for 6 months. It was the plan all along.
Meh...I think Cody's injury wasn't gonna change the outcome. From what I understand, the plan was for him to lose, regardless of the injury. And even his own brother said Cody losing is how Dusty would've written it.

The main point was for Cody to essentially start at the "bottom". Go thru the "hard times" like his dad mentioned in that classic promo. Earn his way back up to tie contention.

hmm…
regardless, keeping the title on roman was the wrong outcome imo

Every business metric says Roman retaining was the right decision. People that are mad can't admit they are being worked.

If Cody had won last year, then what? What would they be building to this year that would've been bigger? People are salivating for that rematch.

Every business metric says Roman retaining was the right decision. People that are mad can't admit they are being worked.

If Cody had won last year, then what? What would they be building to this year that would've been bigger? People are salivating for that rematch.
It's not bigger, Roman isn't around and Cody lost steam

lol i don’t think wwe would be on the verge of shutting down had roman lost his title at WM. they’d be fine, especially if a babyface fans WANTED to see win the title was leading the company

under yall logic, reigns should never lose the championship, which im sure some of y’all want. acting like this company can’t exist is without reigns. da fuck?

i joked about this before WM39 but shit is looking more realistic by the day

once WM40 comes around…and it’s clear to everyone roman should drop the title, y’all dudes gonna be in here talking bout “is it the right time tho? just hear me out…”

hell. y’all are doing it now

It's not bigger, Roman isn't around and Cody lost steam

lol i don’t think wwe would be on the verge of shutting down had roman lost his title at WM. they’d be fine, especially if a babyface fans WANTED to see win the title was leading the company

under yall logic, reigns should never lose the championship, which im sure some of y’all want. acting like this company can’t exist is without reigns. da fuck?
And yet Roman is doing bigger numbers than ever. They running stadiums every month to start 2024. Cody is number 1 in merch.

The bloodline story produced Roman/solo vs ko/Sami, then the Civil War, then tribal combat main events all AFTER wrestlemania. With still the Solo vs Roman & Jey vs Jimmy matches to come.

And Cody's story is only enriched. Trying and failing in his first attempt. Proving to be prophetic in his prediction about the bloodline crumbling and Roman being left all alone. When Cody rolls in to Philly there will be none of this years hand wrangling about Sami Zayn or Jey or that he's being forced into the story. His story IS the story.

Back