Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I'm listening to last Tuesday episode of Busted Open. Dave LaGreca and Bully said Zelina Vega should been the one facing Rhea AND also winning the title. JUST TO HAVE a 9/11 moment...

View attachment 1179491

So they wanted her to have that moment...then drop the belt shortly after. Why?? Smh
I heard that too. They were so sure that it was an amazing idea and I couldn't stop thinking how it made no sense considering they are overeating Zelina's popularity or that anyone cares about a 9/11 disney story.

Another big name has a contract set to expire in 2024.

Fightful Select has learned that longtime WWE Superstar Sheamus currently has a contract set to expire with WWE in 2024. This is the case with numerous stars, including Becky Lynch and Drew McIntyre. We’re told by WWE sources that it is believed his deal is up in the first quarter or first half of 2024, though that period isn’t confirmed. Pro wrestling deals have a lot of caveats that could extend that.

WWE signed a ton of wrestlers to new five-year deals in 2019, but even several that were negotiated after that period are also up in or at the end of 2024, as well.

Sheamus is a decorated star within WWE, winning four World Titles, a Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank and King of the Ring, in addition to wrestling in a title match at WrestleMania.. He’ll be 46 when he reaches potential free agency.

We’ll be revealing many more that are expiring over the next year here on Fightful Select soon. The year is shaping up to be one of the biggest potential free agent years in wrestling history

Several WWE employees who were in attendance at yesterday's meeting sent word that Vince McMahon was actually using a cane to walk up the stairs to the stage and then to walk to the podium where he spoke.

They also noted that Vince was in his moment, playing up to the employees that "I'm Vince McMahon, damn it!" when he didn't get a big round of applause and then remarked to them, "This is when you are supposed to clap", motioning for a response and later when they did clap, he joked, "You're learning."

As we noted earlier, McMahon was the only executive not hobnobbing with employees after the meeting.

The entire proceeding was filmed with a full-on WWE crew and all the execs came out from behind what we were told was an old Raw set.

I heard that too. They were so sure that it was an amazing idea and I couldn't stop thinking how it made no sense considering they are overeating Zelina's popularity or that anyone cares about a 9/11 disney story.

Bruh that shyt made NO sense. They've been the main ones to complain about WWE doin random shyt that made no sense. How is Zelina winning the belt makin sense. With NO build up...interaction with Rhea...nada?? The woman is on SD for goodness sakes.

If there was a time to pull that off, it would've been PR. But it doesn't make sense to just randomly drop her in the middle of the Rhea/Raquel feud. And for what...a 9/11 moment??? Ok you have the moment...then what? What did you want them to do goin forward beyond 9/12?

Like I agree with a lot of the shyt they say, but this one made no sense in my book. And the fact that they were so adamant THEIR idea was good...no. Just no.

Several WWE employees who were in attendance at yesterday's meeting sent word that Vince McMahon was actually using a cane to walk up the stairs to the stage and then to walk to the podium where he spoke.

They also noted that Vince was in his moment, playing up to the employees that "I'm Vince McMahon, damn it!" when he didn't get a big round of applause and then remarked to them, "This is when you are supposed to clap", motioning for a response and later when they did clap, he joked, "You're learning."

As we noted earlier, McMahon was the only executive not hobnobbing with employees after the meeting.

The entire proceeding was filmed with a full-on WWE crew and all the execs came out from behind what we were told was an old Raw set.
Lol robots man

2 boring ass WM main events back to back. I remember bringing some homies over and it was dead energy.

One of my exes went to mania 28 in Miami and said the match was average but the stadium was loud and invested in that subpar match. We watched mania 29 at a sports bar and she could tell I was in my feelings when cena beat rock for the title

Fightful Select has learned that longtime WWE Superstar Sheamus currently has a contract set to expire with WWE in 2024. This is the case with numerous stars, including Becky Lynch and Drew McIntyre. We’re told by WWE sources that it is believed his deal is up in the first quarter or first half of 2024, though that period isn’t confirmed. Pro wrestling deals have a lot of caveats that could extend that.

WWE signed a ton of wrestlers to new five-year deals in 2019, but even several that were negotiated after that period are also up in or at the end of 2024, as well.

Sheamus is a decorated star within WWE, winning four World Titles, a Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank and King of the Ring, in addition to wrestling in a title match at WrestleMania.. He’ll be 46 when he reaches potential free agency.

We’ll be revealing many more that are expiring over the next year here on Fightful Select soon. The year is shaping up to be one of the biggest potential free agent years in wrestling history
maybe he reunites with his buddy Cesaro in Aew.

His style would fit PERFECT in AEW

Back