Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

As long as all roads lead to Bianca vs Rhea at WM...I don't care.

We'll probably get Rhea vs Raquel/Becky b4 then. But I don’t want to see Becky as champ anytime soon. Auska gets the pass b/c Auska deserves a better title reign.

Below are various news bits related to AEW.

On Sunday, Kenny Omega responded to comments on Twitter regarding updates to AEW Fight Forever. Omega said the game will receive continued support.

Omega wrote:

As someone who plays a ton of fighting games and FPS, I’ll always encourage fixes and rebalancing when situations like these turn up. There will be continued support for the game so all this feedback and suggestions are great! Thank you!

AEW: Fight Forever currently has a 6 out of 10 rating on IGN.

Granden Goetzman was removed from AEW's roster page recently. The former MLB player had been performing as Trench in Swerve Strickland's Mogual Affiliates faction. The group debuted in December but Strickland would merge them with Prince Nana's Embassy in April and Trench and Parker Boudreaux disappeared from television. It was reported last month that both Boudreaux and Trench were dealing with injuries. Trench never did make his in-ring debut with the company. He had been training with Jay Lethal earlier this year. PWInsider is reporting that Trench's contract expired and was not renewed.

AEW programming will once again air in Mexico beginning this week. Dynamite and Collision will stream on the Vix streaming service.

Our own Dave Meltzer provided an update on AEW ticket advances in Friday's edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

• AEW Dynamite on 7/5 from Edmonton: 5,071 tickets distributed (WrestleTix updated this to 5314 on Sunday.)
  • AEW Collision on 7/8 from Regina: 1379
  • AEW Dynamite on 7/12 from Saskatoon: 2385
  • AEW Collision on 7/15 from Calgary: 3641
  • AEW Dynamite on 7/19 (Blood & Guts) from Boston: 4134
  • ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21 from Trenton, New Jersey: 1634
  • AEW Collision on 7/22 from Newark, New Jersey: 4609
  • AEW Dynamite 7/26 from Albany, New York: 1905
  • AEW Dynamite on 8/2 from Tampa, Florida: 2427
  • AEW Collision on 8/5 from Greenville, South Carolina: 2021
  • AEW Dynamite on 8/9 from Columbus, Ohio: 2085
  • AEW Collision on 8/12 from Greensboro, North Carolina: 3121
  • AEW Dynamite on 8/16 from Nashville, Tennessee: 2228
  • AEW All In from London, England on 8/27: 66,618 ($8.35 million)
Upcoming lineups:

AEW Dynamite on 7/5 from Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada:

• Blind Eliminator Tournament quarterfinals: Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. Orange Cassidy & Darby Allin
  • Blind Eliminator Tournament quarterfinals: MJF & Adam Cole vs. ???
  • Jon Moxley segment
  • Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament quarterfinals: Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho
  • Kenny Omega vs. Wheeler Yuta
AEW Collision on 7/8 from the Brandt Center in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada:

• Owen Hart tournament men’s semifinal: CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe
  • Owen Hart tournament men’s semifinal: Ricky Starks vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
  • Owen Hart tournament women’s semifinal: Willow Nightingale vs. Athena
  • AEW Tag Team title eliminator: FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) vs. Bullet Club Gold (Juice Robinson & Jay White)

The 6/30 Friday Night Smackdown on FOX brought in 2,510,000 overnight viewers, up from last week's 2,354,000 overnight viewers.

They did a 0.69 in the 18-49 demo, up from 0.61 last week.

Auska needs a big W in that triple threat.
no no no.... don't get me wrong Asuka is great in ring w/o a doubt... but she's closer to the end of her career age wise... Bianca should go over & they should set up a Bianca/ Charlotte 1 on 1 after Summerslam.

no no no.... don't get me wrong Asuka is great in ring w/o a doubt... but she's closer to the end of her career age wise... Bianca should go over & they should set up a Bianca/ Charlotte 1 on 1 after Summerslam.

Bianca as champ again? No

We just got pass a year long Bianca reign, no need to go back to another so soon

i'm not saying she has to have another long reign but to be fair & honest Asuka now is a temporary beltholder at best..... nobody wants to see Charlotte touch the belt again.
Charlotte don't need it either but it's women that can be plugged in the title scene while Bianca and Charlotte are away from it in their feud.

but you will cheer for a Samoan 1000 plus day title reign.

Ah yes let me bring race into the conversation because I made comments like:

“Biracial Banks” or “Wigger Lyons”

Is that about it?

FYI Romans entire reign has been more entertaining but Bianca’s last few months as champion were kind of dull

Is that about it?

FYI Romans entire reign has been more entertaining but Bianca’s last few months as champion were kind of dull
There's no difference, both their reigns got stale but only one was ended

Is that about it?

Too black Wigga Lyons is what i called her.

Back