Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

👀

A new championship belt could be unveiled soon in WWE.

While it hasn't been announced yet, and is subject to change, Fightful Select has learned that at least as of Thursday evening, there were plans on the June 2 WWE Smackdown for Roman Reigns to have a 1,000 Day Celebration for his Universal Title run.

We're told that as of that creative, there were also memos that mentioned "New WWE Universal Championship" on it. There is set to be a podium, where the "New WWE Universal Championship" would be unveiled to the world.

We're told that the presentation was mentioned as resembling when The Rock unveiled the new WWE Championship back in 2013.

Please note that all creative is subject to change, and this is based on internal discussions and memos within the company.

Im kinda with you on this but this reign has had layers on layers that add to the story along with all the hype and build... this has been the best LONG title reign imo. Its the ones with little substance that is the issue with me.
They do got me interested with Jimmy doing what he did and Jey still not really on board and Solo don't seem to care about them.

👀

While it hasn't been announced yet, and is subject to change, Fightful Select has learned that at least as of Thursday evening, there were plans on the June 2 WWE Smackdown for Roman Reigns to have a 1,000 Day Celebration for his Universal Title run.

We're told that as of that creative, there were also memos that mentioned "New WWE Universal Championship" on it. There is set to be a podium, where the "New WWE Universal Championship" would be unveiled to the world.

We're told that the presentation was mentioned as resembling when The Rock unveiled the new WWE Championship back in 2013.

Please note that all creative is subject to change, and this is based on internal discussions and memos within the company.
Only can hope its a 2023 winged style belt since the WHC KINDA resembles with big gold.

Im kinda with you on this but this reign has had layers on layers that add to the story along with all the hype and build... this has been the best LONG title reign imo. Its the ones with little substance that is the issue with me.

Long...term...booking.

It's one thing to hold a title. It's another when you hold a title AND continue to tell a story along the way AND to keep the fans invested the WHOLE TIME...GOAT ish

Long...term...booking.

It's one thing to hold a title. It's another when you hold a title AND continue to tell a story along the way AND to keep the fans invested the WHOLE TIME...GOAT ish
Paul Heyman and the writers involved def helped Roman snag a legendary run. Those guys deserve the credit for once too since they usually fuck something up like this after 6 months.

👀

Pissed! I gotta work late tmw night so I’ll 100% miss this..damn it

Gotta be a Vince thing right??

Paul is petty but also super busy ..
Honestly I think Triple H gets more tirggered then Vince. We heard alot more shots from H and him pulling moves to try and screw them, dont think I ever heard Vince mention them at all outside acknowledging they exist and just stating they arent competition.

If i were to guess its a Triple H/ Nick Khan move.

Last edited:
Honestly I think Triple H gets more tirggered then Vince. We heard alot more shots from H and him pulling moves to try and screw them, dont think I ever heard Vince mention them at all outside acknowledging they exist and just stating they arent competition.

If i were to guess its a Triple H/ Nick Khan move.
Shit, you’re right

Booking shows on the same day is a move from Triple H playbook for sure and I could see Khan being the one negotiating those venue deals, thats the kind of shit he handles but really its nothing new, they been doing petty shit to throw their weight around since AEW came about. Its just they don't do it a whole lot, just from time to time.

I wonder what their actual view of AEW is.

Seems like it's been mostly positive for them. They got their biggest babyface from them, literally took his entire presentation that they developed and ran with it. Aew doesn't try to compete with them directly like WCW did with Nitro or TNA tried with Hogan, and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of audience crossover.

I'm sure Vince especially would rather they kept their monopoly but it doesn't seem to have any impact on their bottomline considering the merger and stock price.

Back