Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official College Basketball Thread/Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIT to experiment with new rules this season

The National Invitation Tournament will experiment with four rule changes for this year's event, the NCAA announced Tuesday.

They include:

• A deeper 3-point line. It will be moved back approximately 20 inches to the distance used by FIBA in international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches).

• A wider free throw lane. It will be extended from 12 to 16 feet, which is used in the NBA.

• Quarters, not halves. The game will still have 40 minutes of game clock, but it will be broken into four 10-minute quarters, which was adopted for the women's college game in 2015. For each quarter, two free throws are awarded once a team reaches five fouls.

• After an offensive rebound, the shot clock will reset to 20 seconds, as opposed to the full 30.

Permanent rule changes to the sport cannot be made until the current two-year cycle ends in May 2019.

Big Board 5.0/comps

1. C Deandre Ayton - Embid/Towns

2. G Luka Doncic - Rm Hedo Turkoglu

3. C Jarren Jackson Jr - Serge Ibaka

4. C Marvin Bagley - Chris Bosh

5.F Michael Porter Jr - Kevin Durant

6.C Mo Bamba - NA

7.PG Trae Young - Pm Stephen Curry

8. SF Mikal Bridges - Otto Porter

9. C Wendell Carter Jr - Juwan Howard

10. G Collin Sexton - Lou Williams

11. F Kevin Knox - Moe Harkless

12. F Miles Bridges - Josh Smith

13. G Shai Gilgeous Alexander - Dante Exum

14. SG Lonnie Walker - Courtney Lee

Damn,they disrespecting some of these players who they comparing them too... 13. G Shai Gilgeous Alexander - Dante Exum ,Ether!

Damn,they disrespecting some of these players who they comparing them too... 13. G Shai Gilgeous Alexander - Dante Exum ,Ether!

Those are my comps lol. I see a lot of parallels between the two actually. You might be sleeping on Exum. He can't stay healthy but when he is he shows a lot of promise

Those are my comps lol. I see a lot of parallels between the two actually. You might be sleeping on Exum. He can't stay healthy but when he is he shows a lot of promise
Gotcha! Lol, yeah I haven’t really seen him play,like you said never healthy

This Doncic cat just ain't doin it for me nh. I don't see it. Keep reading articles gassing him up to be the next great Euro. I think he's going to be a good player but not a franchise guy or even an all star. Don't want anything to do with him unless were picking outside the top 5

This Doncic cat just ain't doin it for me nh. I don't see it. Keep reading articles gassing him up to be the next great Euro. I think he's going to be a good player but not a franchise guy or even an all star. Don't want anything to do with him unless were picking outside the top 5
This is the same way I feel. Bcos I have not watched enough games of him, I am open to having my mind changed.

A lot of this guys are flawed. Ayton should be a clear number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back