Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Fury vs Usyk: Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
If Jennings don't whoop this big fucking slow ass German and stop playing

maxresdefault.jpg

its was a decent punch at best. he was a lumbering bum so it looked worse but it wasnt really a devastating shot.. he aint have a sturdy based and he was tired but wasnt hurt at all.

https://www.boxingscene.com/terence-crawford-sees-no-obstacles-facing-pbc-fighters--131063

Terence Crawford Sees No Obstacles in Facing PBC Fighters
By Ryan Burton

Caesar's Palace, LAS VEGAS, NV - WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford (33-0) was on hand in Las Vegas to accept his award for winning the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame Fighter of the Year award.

While on the red carpet, the three-division champion discussed a variety of topics including facing welterweights that fight under the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

The likes of Errol Spence, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia all fight on Showtime where the PBC puts on the majority of their fights while Crawford fights on ESPN which recently agreed to a 7 year extension that replaces their original 4 year output deal.

The Omaha, Nebraska native doesn't see the network differences as being a problem and said that his promoter Top Rank is willing to work with anybody.

"I know my promoter is willing to work with any other promoter out there so I can't use that as an excuse so I don't know why they use that as an excuse or if that is an excuse. It is business at the end of the day. It's gotta make sense and when it does makes sense that is when it will happen," Crawford told BoxingScene.com.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has recently stated that he is open to making a Crawford-Spence fight but admitted that the fight needs to be built up a bit first so that it would sell more pay-per-views.

When asked if going the pay-per-view route was the only way that the fight could come to fruition, Crawford said, "maybe for both parties to get paid fairly."

Porter and Garcia will face each other on September 8th in a highly anticipated showdown for the vacant WBC welterweight title at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Crawford didn't pick a winner for that fight and instead said that he was just going to sit back and enjoy it.

"That is going to be a good fight. I am just going to watch it as a fan," said Crawford.

https://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spence-vs-mikey-garcia-tabled-2019--131116

Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Tabled For 2019?
By Steve Kim

With the heavyweight bout between WBC titlist Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury on the horizon for the fall - it could push back the proposed match-up between IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence and four division beltholder Mikey Garcia.

The bottom line is that for Showtime it just may not be feasible to have two pay-per-events so close together before the close of 2018.

The head of Showtime Sports explained to BoxingScene.com on Tuesday - ''It's an interesting dilemma because once you start getting close to the holidays, you start to get nervous with peoples attention - not to mention their wallets, whether that money and attention is being diverted for the holidays."

Garcia had made it clear in the run up to his July 28th bout against Robert Easter (in what was a lightweight unification bout), that he would like to face Spence at 147.

But the calendar and the boxing schedule may keep this particular bout from happening this year - because Wilder-Fury will most likely take place in mid-November in Las Vegas.

"As it stands now, it looks like any pay-per-view that would be in December would be the third of three and sandwiched after Wilder-Fury and before the holidays, it's not the most advantageous at that point,'' pointed out Espinoza.

The other major pay-per-view event that Espinoza is referencing takes place on September 15th, the rematch between middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and Mexican superstar Saul Alvarez.

"So does that mean early 2019 [for Garcia-Spence]? I'm not sure yet," Espinoza said.

''Both Errol and Mike really want to get a fight before the end of the year but I also realize that they're both smart enough to realize you don't force something just on a desire to go at a certain point on the calendar. On pay-per-view you have to do it when the market is right."

https://www.boxingscene.com/charles-martin-joshua-never-saw-me-im-getting-my-belt-back--130850

Charles Martin: Joshua Never Saw Me, I'm Getting My Belt Back!

Former heavyweight world champion Charles Martin (25-1-1, 23 KOs) has promised to return with a vengeance.

Martin, in his first tough assignment in over two years, will face Adam Kownacki on September 8 as part of the Shawn Porter vs. Danny Garcia undercard at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Martin, who captured the IBF world title, lost the belt in April 2016 when he was easily stopped by Anthony Joshua in three rounds. The bout saw Joshua capture his first world title in the fight.

Since then, Martin took off for a year and then had two quick fights to sharpen up his skills and shake off the ring rust.

"My whole career from the amateurs to the pros was back-to-back-to-back and I never had any time off. I wanted time off, period. I did everything in a short amount of time, and was fast-tracked through the amateurs. Bam, bam, bam - fight after fight after fight. It was crazy. In the pros I had 11 fights in one year. But I haven't missed a step. I'm still that same guy - but better, sharper and tightened up," Martin told Sky Sports.

Martin never explains the exact details, but says his preparation for the Joshua fight was severely tainted.

Now he wants to reclaim his title, which is still owned by Joshua - who now also holds the IBO, WBO, WBA world titles.

"I had two fights in 2017, know what I'm saying? Tune-up fights," he said. "I got what I needed from them. It was just what I had to do, before going back up to the big leagues. It's a process, that's all. Absolutely I have enjoyed every minute. The training is hard but it's worthwhile, to get me to where I want to be. I'm going back to get my belt back."

"That wasn't a fight. I don't consider that a real fight, man. He never saw me. That wasn't no Charles Martin. People don't know… That's why a lot of the people that were with me, aren't around me now. Dumb decisions cost people their jobs. [The experience] was cool. It didn't go how I wanted, because of things that happened during the process. It wasn't perfect, for sure."

According to Martin, he's willing to return to the UK to pursue other big fight opportunities.

"I'm smarter now. I don't do the things that I used to do. I'm better at decision-making, I'm wiser, and I'm older. That's the key. Yes, I'd come back. There's good people [in the UK], absolutely. I don't have no regrets," Martin said.

Boxing on fs1

Nigga literally got knocked out the ring, and got back inside the ring to beat the count.

Crazy round

Yo WTF!!??

This nigga was legit scared to fight. He walked out the ring!!

Nigga said he wanna get paid.

I hope they strip his license. That was the most unprofessional thing I've seen in a while.

I'm outside my bar watching the fight on my phone....

Drunk white kid: who's winning?
Du: the black guy
Drunk white kid: that's a little racist
Du: not at all
Drunk white kid: I mean you could have said the white trunks
Du: but they're gold. And black. Like his skin.

:hahaha:

Back