Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
I got Danny by UD with 2 knockdowns or he ends it in the 10th. Danny is going to rock him in the 3rd. Left hook

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/joe-joyce-excited-with-al-haymon-deal-plans-us-debut--130960

Joe Joyce Excited With Al Haymon Deal, Plans U.S. Debut

Olympic silver medal winner Joe Joyce (5-0, 5 KOs) is making several big moves in his career.

Joyce recently hooked up with veteran trainer Abel Sanchez, and is now preparing himself at The Summit in Big Bear, California.

And now Joyce has linked up with powerful boxing adviser Al Haymon - who handles an army of talent - including heavyweights like WBC world champion Deontay Wilder, Luis Ortiz, Dominic Breazeale, Travis Kaufman, Gerald Washington, Artur Szpilka, and several others.

Joyce is now looking forward to making his debut in the United States.

On a promotional level, Joyce is handled by the Hayemaker Ringstar pairing of Richard Schaefer and David Haye.

“I am delighted to announce my management company, S-Jam Boxing, and I have teamed up with Al Haymon,” he wrote on social media. “I am excited to now have Al advising me in my career. My US debut will be announced imminently… The Juggernaut is coming!”

Joyce, who is from the UK, is also very pleased to be working with Sanchez in Big Bear. Sanchez is best known as being the head trainer of unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and former unified champion Murat Gassiev.

"It's very remote, up in the mountains, with pine trees everywhere. There's not much going on. There's nice weather, lakes and altitude so running here is very tough. It was a massive decision, and I will have to adjust," Joyce told Sky Sports.

"I'm part of a team again. We get up at 6am and run together, doing sit-ups in the mountains. GGG is there, helping and inspiring us. He has been stitching me up by giving me the heaviest weights! He has been really welcoming. He is a really nice guy. Similarly to me, he is a nice guy outside the ring but is not a nice guy inside the ring."

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-ordered-by-wbo-make-mandatory-povetkin--130942

Joshua Ordered By WBO To Make Mandatory After Povetkin
By Keith Idec

The WBO hasn’t appointed a mandatory challenger for its heavyweight title.

That hasn’t stopped the sanctioning organization from informing Anthony Joshua that he’ll have to make a mandatory defense of that championship within 180 days of his September 22 fight against Alexander Povetkin, assuming the heavily favored Joshua wins that bout at London’s Wembley Stadium. Sky Sports reported Thursday that the WBO hasn’t determined whether it’ll first order an elimination match to establish the mandatory challenger for Joshua’s title.

Povetkin is ranked No. 1 in the WBO’s heavyweight ratings, but the Russian veteran is the WBA’s mandatory challenger and won’t fulfill the WBO’s mandatory obligation. Dillian Whyte, who badly wants a rematch with Joshua, is the WBO’s No. 2-ranked heavyweight contender.

“Be advised that at this time the WBO has yet to determine if a WBO heavyweight elimination contest will be ordered,” the WBO wrote in a statement issued to Sky Sports. “Further, the involvement of our WBO international heavyweight champion, Mr. Dillian Whyte, in a WBO heavyweight elimination bout is uncertain.”

Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) stopped Whyte in the seventh round of their December 2015 bout at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. In his following fight, Joshua knocked out Charles Martin in the second round to win the IBF title and ascended to superstardom in the United Kingdom.

The Jamaican-born, London-based Whyte (24-1, 17 KOs) defeated former WBO champ Joseph Parker (24-2, 18 KOs) by unanimous decision in his last bout, July 28 at O2 Arena in London. Joshua won the WBO title from Parker by unanimous decision March 31 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Parker made a mandatory defense of the WBO title September 23, when he edged England’s Hughie Fury by majority decision at Manchester Arena. Hughie Fury (21-1, 11 KOs) is scheduled box Kubrat Pulev (25-1, 13 KOs) on October 27 in Sofia, Bulgaria, in an elimination match that’ll determine the IBF’s mandatory challenger for Joshua.

The 28-year-old Joshua, who owns the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO titles, has committed to returning April 13 at Wembley Stadium if he gets past Povetkin (34-1, 24 KOs). A showdown with WBC champ Deontay Wilder would be the biggest fight available to Joshua, but Wilder would need to defeat former champion Tyson Fury in November for that to happen.

If Tyson Fury defeats Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), a Joshua-Fury fight would be an enormous event in the UK. Fury (26-0, 19 KOs) must beat Italy’s Francesco Pianeta (35-4-1, 21 KOs) on Saturday night in Belfast, Northern Ireland, to move forward with the Wilder fight.

A unification fight against the Wilder-Fury winner would enable Joshua to delay making a mandatory defense of his WBO title.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-joshua-fight-me-any-amount-money--130951

Tyson Fury: Joshua Wouldn't Fight Me For Any Amount Of Money
By Keith Idec

If Tyson Fury defeats Deontay Wilder, the outspoken ex-champion expects that to make it harder, not easier, to get a shot at Anthony Joshua.

Owning the only heavyweight title Joshua doesn’t possess and taking out the undefeated knockout artist everyone wants Joshua to fight should make Fury the most attractive opponent for Joshua in 2019.

A Joshua-Fury fight would be an enormous event in the United Kingdom, where it would draw a capacity crowd in excess of 90,000 to Wembley Stadium in London, and would earn Joshua and Fury tens of millions of dollars apiece.

Fury still doesn’t think Joshua would fight him.

“I don’t think that fight’s possible to make,” Fury told BoxingScene.com Wednesday after an open workout in Belfast, Northern Ireland. “They’re chickens. They don’t wanna fight. They didn’t wanna fight Wilder for $80 million. He ain’t gonna fight me for no amount of money.”

By “they,” Fury referred to Joshua, his promoter, Eddie Hearn, and his trainer, Rob McCracken. The $80 million Fury mentioned was the $50 million guarantee Joshua was offered to fight Wilder and the $30 million the British superstar would’ve been guaranteed for a rematch if Wilder would’ve beaten him.

The 30-year-old Fury (26-0, 19 KOs) won’t make nearly that much money for facing Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs), but he’ll be paid plenty for challenging Wilder in November if Fury can get past Italy’s Francesco Pianeta on Saturday night at Windsor Park in Belfast. The Wilder-Fury fight, which will be officially announced in the ring if Fury defeats Pianeta (35-4-1, 20 KOs), will take place November 10 or November 17 at an undetermined Las Vegas venue if Fury beats Pianeta.

Challenging Wilder would afford Fury the opportunity to win the only title, the WBC championship, that Fury didn’t take from Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015. Fury gave up the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO titles he won from Klitschko to address addiction and mental health issues.

The 28-year-old Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) has since won those four titles. He’ll make a mandatory defense of his WBA title against Alexander Povetkin on September 22 at Wembley Stadium.

If Joshua beats Russia’s Povetkin (34-1, 24 KOs), he has committed to returning April 13 at Wembley Stadium. Regardless, Fury feels he is the heavyweight champion because no one has beaten him since he upset Ukraine’s Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs) by unanimous decision.

“I hold the lineal status, going back to John L. Sullivan,” Fury said. “Of course I’m the man. Just look at me and tell me I’m not.”

Wilder will look at Fury from a ringside seat Saturday night, when Wilder will serve as a guest commentator for BT Sport’s coverage of the Fury-Pianeta bout. Showtime will stream Fury-Pianeta and the 12-round, 126-pound title bout between Belfast’s Carl Frampton (25-1, 14 KOs) and Australia’s Luke Jackson (16-0, 7 KOs) on its YouTube channel (3:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT).

https://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-wilder-fury-fight-real-fury-fight-on--130963

Deontay Wilder: The Fury Fight is Real, The Fury Fight is On

Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder is on a business trip this weekend in Belfast. He’ll be ringside as a TV commentator for Saturday’s fight between Tyson Fury and Francesco Pianeta.

But even Wilder has something riding on the outcome of this matchup.

If Fury wins, Wilder plans to challenge him to a fight they’ve already discussed — right then and there.

“Why not?” Wilder told The Associated Press. “You got two heavyweights in the same room from the same division. You got the champion, then you got the other champion. It’s only right.”

Wilder holds the WBC belt. Fury is the lineal champion, having beat Wladimir Klitschko in 2015.

“This fight is real,” Wilder said. “The fight is on.”

As long as Fury wins.

Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza said the deal between Wilder and Fury is virtually done. The only details that need to be ironed out are the specific date and location.

Wilder said Las Vegas. Espinoza said that’s the natural option, but New York is another strong contender. Nov. 17 is a possible date, according to Showtime.

Both parties agreed that Showtime, which has shown 10 of Wilder’s fights, will get the Wilder-Fury bout — available on pay-per-view.

“Wilder vs. Fury is a really intriguing fight both because of the styles in the ring and the personalities outside the ring,” Espinoza said. “Deontay and Tyson are two of the most likable and most entertaining characters in boxing. . But all the entertainment aside, it is a high-level heavyweight fight between two of the top guys in the division and two huge athletes at 6-6 and 6-7, the two tallest and biggest guys in the sport today.”

Both are undefeated, too. Wilder is 40-0 with 39 knockouts. Fury is 26-0 with 19 KOs.

Wilder last fought in March.

Saturday will mark Fury’s second fight since he beat Klitschko. He was out of the ring for more than two years due to mental health and drug problems before making his comeback in June.

Fury was stripped of the IBF belt soon after beating Klitschko for not fighting a mandatory challenger. He relinquished his WBO, IBO and WBA titles on the day his license was suspended in 2016.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-weighs-258-pounds-francesco-pianeta-fight--130976

Tyson Fury Weighs In at 258 Pounds For Francesco Pianeta Fight
By Keith Idec

With a shouting Deontay Wilder standing nearby, Tyson Fury continued to display Friday just how seriously he has taken his comeback.

The 6-feet-9 Fury stepped on the British Boxing Board of Control’s scale at 258 pounds for his fight Saturday night against Francesco Pianeta. That’s 18 pounds lighter than the former heavyweight champion was when he weighed in two months ago (276) for his technical knockout of Sefer Seferi on June 9 in Manchester, England.

England’s Fury reportedly blew up to nearly 400 pounds at the worst point of his 2½-year layoff, when he battled addiction and mental health issues. Italy’s Pianeta (35-4-1, 20 KOs), a 6-feet-5 southpaw, weighed 254½ pounds Friday at the Europa Hotel in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

If the heavily favored Fury wins their scheduled 10-rounder Saturday night at Windsor Park in Belfast, he is expected to challenge Wilder for the WBC heavyweight title in November in Las Vegas. Frank Warren, Fury’s promoter, has said a deal is essentially done for Fury to face Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs).

The 30-year-old Fury is considered boxing’s lineal heavyweight champion because he hasn’t been beaten since he upset Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015. Fury weighed in at 247 pounds when he out-boxed Ukraine’s Klitschko to win a unanimous decision and captured the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO titles in Dusseldorf, Germany.

Boxing trunks of Terry Moore and a have written letter to him from sugar Ray Robinson

IMG_20180817_133839_850.jpg

So it's official. Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury in Las Vegas. I think Deontay will win. His win against Wlad was good because of the opponent and the occasion but it wasn't actually a good performance. That is also the only top level victory he has. He also doesn't have the power to hurt Deontay. I think Deontay might get him out of there early.

Jennings gonna show off tonight..

Fighting in AC basically home for him and shakur

Damn all these Niggaz from Philly/nj

I'm surprised my timeline ain't jumping right now with all the local fighters I got in there

Hart from Philly, Jennings from Philly, Stevenson from Jersey

They fighting in Atlantic City

Shit gotta be lit.... If my money was right Id be there

Back