Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Fury vs Usyk: Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
I read this thread often but don't say much because I'm a registered judge and don't want to come across as biased in the case that I ever get to judge any of the top fights.

But I have to say that Bud really surprised me. I had picked him to win, but I saw it happen in a much different way. I thought Spence would come out and press the action while Bud got off to a slow start, and Spence would be up by at least 4 rounds going into the 6th. By then Bud will have figured out what he needed and went to work winning most of the remaining rounds, and barely for some of them. I was not expecting the utter dominance that I witnessed tonight.

I did not give any rounds to Spence. I did wrestle a little with round 1, but I ultimately decided to give it to Bud. I thought Spence looked the most active, but I saw some counters from Bud that I thought were far more effective than anything Spence landed. As a judge we are trained to evaluate the effectiveness of action and not just action by itself. Bud was easily the more effective fighter in that round, and throughout the fight. To that end, a lot of Spence's punches didn't land clean if at all. I felt like Bud showed us what to expect for the rest of the fight and you could tell that he had seriously studied Spence and was very prepared from jump.

I was close to giving Spence the edge for round 2, then he went down. It wasn't a "he really got hurt" knockdown, but a knockdown nonetheless. No choice but to score that one 10-8 for Bud.

I wouldn't argue with anyone over round 3 if they gave it to Spence. In my estimation, Bud continued to dictate the fight with elite counter punching. Even that early flurry from Spence was completely ineffective. Spence came out of that exchange on the defensive.

From there on, Bud simply put on a masterclass of counterpunching and devastatingly effective use of the jab. His precision was unbelievable and everything Spence thought he was going to do was stopped before it began. You would have thought Bud could read his thoughts the way he cut off the angles and dictated what Spence could and couldn't do. Spence could get a few good combinations in, but they were almost always countered with something that hurt Spence far more than anything he landed on Bud. There was a jab that Bud landed in either round 3 or 4 while Spence was coming in that was as devastating a jab as I've ever seen. It stopped Spence in his tracks, and that proved consistent the rest of the fight.

Bud is really on another level.

I switched my pick from Crawford to Spence a week ago - that went well lol.

Personally I would have stopped this after the 7th. That was a career altering beating. Those extra 2 rounds were very unnecessary.

Imagine Bud goes up and takes Charlo's belts. 3 weight undisputed? Boots is a great alternative. Spence should clearly avoid a rematch.

Back