Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did you not read what I said, I said he wouldnt...

The most Charlo has ever weighed is 159kg, theres no way Charlo would go up to 168kg for his next fight, which was what Canelo weight against BJS...

And Canelo isnt gonna cut weight to make that fight happen at a catchweight either, not when hes talking about fighting big names at 174kg and 178kg+...

I wanna see Canelo fighting bigger guys... I think he will catch a loss soon but I dont even care as long as hes testing and pushing himself to the max, gotta respect that...

That's not what you said. but ain't worth the discussion either. LLS at you thinking Charlo not going up to 168 for the Canelo fight.

Last edited:
LLS at you thinking Charlo not going up to 168 for the Canelo fight. That's retarded fucking statement.

Do you have comprehension issues??? 'It wont happen in his next fight', he weighed 159ibs last fight... And said he would prefer to fight Canelo at 160ibs... Of course he would go up, fighters would jump 3 divisions to secure a Canelo fight, hes the golden goose...

But he would be better suited having a fight to settle into the 168 division before packing on 9-10ibs jumping into the biggest fight he will ever have... Unless he just wants to grab the bag... Alot of his camp would be gaining weight instead of training and tactics...

Catchweight Canelo has always dragged fighters to his chosen weight anyways, if Canelo he seriously wants to fight around the 175ibs mark he will not concede a single pound to Charlo or any middle or super middle...

Personally I wanna see if he can really handle a light heavy or a cruiser like Makabu at catchweight...

Last edited:
Do you have comprehension issues??? 'It wont happen in his next fight', he weighed 159ibs last fight... And said he would prefer to fight Canelo at 160ibs... Of course he would go up, fighters would jump 3 divisions to secure a Canelo fight, hes the golden goose...

But he would be better suited having a fight to settle into the 168 division before packing on 9-10ibs jumping into the biggest fight he will ever have... Unless he just wants to grab the bag... Alot of his camp would be gaining weight instead of training and tactics...

Catchweight Canelo has always dragged fighters to his chosen weight anyways, if Canelo he seriously wants to fight around the 175ibs mark he will not concede a single pound to Charlo or any middle or super middle...

Personally I wanna see if he can really handle a light heavy or a cruiser like Makabu at catchweight...

We not talking what Charlo would be better suited doing. We talking about what is happening next if Canelo takes the 2 fight PBC offer. All that other shit you typed is irrelevant.

If Canelo takes that PBC deal its Charlo vs Canelo at 168 in May. So the fact is Charlo next fight will be at 168 if he fighting Canelo. Benevidez vs Canelo in Sept at 168.

Charlo has no power to even attempt negotiate any changes in weight in a fight against Canelo. On top off all that Haymon wouldn't even be offering Canelo the 2 fight deal if Charlo wasn't going to fight him at 168.

Canelo going with Dazn....

I would love PBC, I think that's the most money .., but he got history with Dazn

We not talking what Charlo would be better suited doing. We talking about what is happening next if Canelo takes the 2 fight PBC offer. All that other shit you typed is irrelevant.

If Canelo takes that PBC deal its Charlo vs Canelo at 168 in May. So the fact is Charlo next fight will be at 168 if he fighting Canelo. Benevidez vs Canelo in Sept at 168.

Charlo has no power to even attempt negotiate any changes in weight in a fight against Canelo. On top off all that Haymon wouldn't even be offering Canelo the 2 fight deal if Charlo wasn't going to fight him at 168.

Ive not said otherwise... No one has any leverage over Canelo, not even networks... What I said was, Charlo would struggle and be at major disadvantage to put 10ibs and fight 168ibs by May, if he wasnt just turning up for a payday...

Like Ive said from day 1, I would rather not see Canelo fight anyone at 168 (or less) not Charlo, not GGG... I wanna see him fight at 175ibs+ guys...

And I dont think he will even take the PBC offer anyway so thats all irrelevant anyway...

I wanna see him fight Andy ....

He needs to know he can beat a boxer

That is a good ass fight. Ruiz presents a different set of problems than Fury did even though both are considered boxers.

Ortiz is a boxer though and WIlder beat him twice.

Ive not said otherwise... No one has any leverage over Canelo, not even networks... What I said was, Charlo would struggle and be at major disadvantage to put 10ibs and fight 168ibs by May, if he wasnt just turning up for a payday...

Like Ive said from day 1, I would rather not see Canelo fight anyone at 168 (or less) not Charlo, not GGG... I wanna see him fight at 175ibs+ guys...

And I dont think he will even take the PBC offer anyway so thats all irrelevant anyway...

I want to see the Berteriev vs Canelo fight the most. That is the one most likely not to happen

Canelo going with Dazn....

I would love PBC, I think that's the most money .., but he got history with Dazn

I want Canelo to take the DAZN offer because if he takes the PBC offer no other fighter on PBC will fight anybody relevant in 2022.

I wanna see him fight Andy ....

He needs to know he can beat a boxer

It will be against a PBC fighter so if he does fight again its pretty much nailed on to be against Ruiz...

Though I would love to see Wilder/Joyce... Joyce is a great boxer and has a solid chin...

Last edited:
I want to see the Berteriev vs Canelo fight the most. That is the one most likely not to happen

Its great fight and prolly the fight I would most favour... I think Matchroom would happily give Canelo a one fight deal, not sure where DAZN would stand though...

Alot of fighters are on handshake and/or fight by fight deals with Matchroom, so that would leave Canelo free after Bivol or GGG to fight Beterbiev on Top Rank/ESPN...

But again, DAZN might insist on a two fight deal which is out of Matchroom's hand...

Its great fight and prolly the fight I would most favour... I think Matchroom would happily give Canelo a one fight deal, not sure where DAZN would stand though...

Alot of fighters are on handshake and/or fight by fight deals with Matchroom, so that would leave Canelo free after Bivol or GGG to fight Beterbiev on Top Rank/ESPN...

But again, DAZN might insist on a two fight deal which is out of Matchroom's hand...

If only Top Rank had somebody else to offer Canelo to go along with a Bertibiev fight. I think the money they could offer in a 2 fight deal would beat anything PBC or DAZN could put out there just because Top Rank has the backing of ABC/ESPN.

If only Top Rank had somebody else to offer Canelo to go along with a Bertibiev fight. I think the money they could offer in a 2 fight deal would beat anything PBC or DAZN could put out there just because Top Rank has the backing of ABC/ESPN.

Im pretty sure Joe Smith Jr. would be the only other viable option with Top Rank, I would be interested in that purely from the weight and size perspective but its not really big fight at all... Not big enough name to warrant $30-$50mill to rival PBC and DAZN's offers...

Im pretty sure Joe Smith Jr. would be the only other viable option with Top Rank, I would be interested in that purely from the weight and size perspective but its not really big fight at all... Not big enough name to warrant $30-$50mill to rival PBC and DAZN's offers...

Exactly, which is another reason Top Rank wouldn't make Canelo an offer cause they only have one fight that would make them a profit paying Canelo that much. Even if they did the Bertibeiv fight they would have to do major marketing of that fight on ABC outside of the heavy marketing they would do on all the ESPN channels.

I hate how in boxing the best fights competition wise are always the fights that will make the most money so it allows fights to duck and promoters to not make fights for business reasons.

Exactly, which is another reason Top Rank wouldn't make Canelo an offer cause they only have one fight that would make them a profit paying Canelo that much. Even if they did the Bertibeiv fight they would have to do major marketing of that fight on ABC outside of the heavy marketing they would do on all the ESPN channels.

I hate how in boxing the best fights competition wise are always the fights that will make the most money so it allows fights to duck and promoters to not make fights for business reasons.

Think is with Canelo being a free agent it really shouldnt be a problem, normally its fighters being with rival promoters or networks thats the issue... I cant see why promoters arnt willing to do 1 fight deals with him... It makes the networks, promoters and fighters tons of money... Its not like the top light heavies dont have a chance either, they all have a great chance of beating him...

Think is with Canelo being a free agent it really shouldnt be a problem, normally its fighters being with rival promoters or networks thats the issue... I cant see why promoters arnt willing to do 1 fight deals with him... It makes the networks, promoters and fighters tons of money... Its not like the top light heavies dont have a chance either, they all have a great chance of beating him...

I really don't think Canelo makes them the money they act like he does as to why they don't do one offs. I think even before Canelo left DAZN they put his 1 or more of his fights on ppv because they weren't getting enough subs for his fights. Not even enough folks was signing up to pay $20 to see the Canelo fight and get a whole month of DAZN programming along with the fight.

I'm not saying he not turning a profit just that it may not be worth all the hassle cause the profit he does turn may not be that much after everything is paid out.

Still of the opinion 800K didn't buy that Canelo vs Plant fight.

We all know Arum is stingy but with Canelo being a free agent and with ABC/ESPN footing part of the bill. Arum has to know something if he not even trying to do a one off fight with Canelo for Bertebiev. Also Showtime ain't exactly trying to get back into the Canelo business either. That has to be taken as sign to that maybe he ain't as profitable as they make Canelo out to be. Canelo still brings in the most money just not as high as some think it is.

If PBC can come up with over 100mill for 2 Canelo fights. IMO Tim Smith from PBC was lying like shit to say they don't have the money for Spence vs Crawford. For less than 50mill Spence vs Crawford gets done. I think that fight can get done for 20-30mill easy.

That is a good ass fight. Ruiz presents a different set of problems than Fury did even though both are considered boxers.

Ortiz is a boxer though and WIlder beat him twice.
Ortiz was like 40 tho and still showed he was much better than Wilder

Back