Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Fury vs Usyk: Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
The skill set was there. But it was clear he had one arm. Dude took too many shots and threw too little to justify a 10-2 9-3

That kid was out punching the shit out if him. Like it wasn't like he was a weak opponent. That little paqauio was bringing it

Maybe I need to watch again with my own score card...I was trying to watch everything at once last night

Anybody who say Gary Russell was robbed is fucking lying. Now I respect how he fought and what he did basically fighting with 1 arm though but he didn't win that fight.

Spence didn't pull out of the Pac fight. He wasn't going to be cleared to fight because of his eye so that situation is different from Gary Russell's.

Also most fighters don't have the pull to pull out of fight with 3 weeks left to go without getting fucked around for their next fight money and or competition wise. Gary falls into that space.

Have to remember as well PBC fighters don't fight often, add in covid, shit fucked up. So fighters got families and bills to take care of so pulling out of a fight might hurt them more than fighting and losing cause they're injured.

Gary got a hell of story to tell from the business side and competition with PBC and the fighters.

And Ngannou just made 600K (without PPV bonuses) flat. SMH, boxing revenues >

Overall boxing money is better but certain fighters in boxing are outliers when it comes to money and Joshua fall into the category of an outlier.

Some boxers would be smart if they lowered their purse guarantees to get more fights within a calendar and they would more than likely make more money than they would fighting once or barely twice a year.

Overall boxing money is better but certain fighters in boxing are outliers when it comes to money and Joshua fall into the category of an outlier.

Some boxers would be smart if they lowered their purse guarantees to get more fights within a calendar and they would more than likely make more money than they would fighting once or barely twice a year.
True, Gary Russell is a prime example.. He fight once a year or not at all to preserve his body....but can still end up getting injured as we just saw. He been dealing with a lot too, lost a brother, father sick and now his belt gone.. He need to go on a run with a few fights, get a few checks and hopefully land another big fight.

True, Gary Russell is a prime example.. He fight once a year or not at all to preserve his body....but can still end up getting injured as we just saw. He been dealing with a lot too, lost a brother, father sick and now his belt gone.. He need to go on a run with a few fights, get a few checks and hopefully land another big fight.

Gary said his hands haven't been hurt in a long ass time. Gary has a high ass guarantee I think its between 1.2 - 1.5 million and he not a big ticket seller. I think Gary was always willing to sit out and wait for his mandatory because his guarantee was going to have to be met so that led to him fighting once a year or every year and a half.

Also I think the Fred dude on Barbershop Conversations has some hate in his blood for Haymon and PBC but I think he was right when he said Haymon did Gary wrong by not letting him fight Santa Cruz, Mares or Frampton cause he would've ran through them and their value would went down.

That makes sense because Gary was a champ at 126 when all of them had at least had a belt at some point. Santa Cruz, Mares and Frampton all fought each other but none of them fought the longest reigning belt holder in boxing at their weight. Something is really wrong with that picture!

That's a lot of potential black wealth creation in that one move there!

You selling Joshua short. If this is true Joshua is going to get 2 checks and one of them is not even going to be for fighting. Outside of a rematch Joshua is probably 99.9% going to face the winner of that fight and going to get paid even more for the actual fight.

Outside of Canelo , Joshua is probably the highest paid fighter in boxing.

Back