Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Shawn wasn’t giving him what he wanted in the gym. “Unprepared”

in One of those fight hype clips, Shawn says he was saving his self throughout camp for the fight and him pops disagreed on it

shawn Porter the man who need to be okay with his dad decision is ok with it,

they made it to the end despite all the divisive commentary still together and on the same page

ain’t no bitch in Kenny Porter, that’s a man. Who Shawn is speaks to who Kenny is

Bruh, that excuse was stupid. Talking about preparation is dumb when trying to justify why you're stopping the fight. The only question that matters is whether or not Shawn could have kept going. Shawn thought he could. The ref thought he could. If his father thought he couldn't, that's fine, but don't give us an answer that basically sounds like you're punishing him because he didn't do what you wanted him to do leading up to the fight. I could see if Crawford was blowing Porter out, but it was a close fight.

Again, I personally thought Shawn was going to lose no matter what after getting dropped that second time, but if I knew that was his last fight, I definitely would have at least let him try to end his career without ever being finished.

Bruh, that excuse was stupid. Talking about preparation is dumb when trying to justify why you're stopping the fight. The only question that matters is whether or not Shawn could have kept going. Shawn thought he could. The ref thought he could. If his father thought he couldn't, that's fine, but don't give us an answer that basically sounds like you're punishing him because he didn't do what you wanted him to do leading up to the fight. I could see if Crawford was blowing Porter out, but it was a close fight.

Again, I personally thought Shawn was going to lose no matter what after getting dropped that second time, but if I knew that was his last fight, I definitely would have at least let him try to end his career without ever being finished.

Yeah I agree with the bolded... He acted like he was punishing Shawn but ultimately I feel like was saving him...

Personally I thought he may had not been happy with Shawn's media commitments in the run up (hence that clip of shawn asleep on tv) but as you get older you need to train smarter not necessarily harder... Then again, sleep and recovery is a part of that too...

It crazy to think a 34yr fighter at the end of their career is gonna train like a 20yr old in the gym... Most vets just need to stay fit and sharp, they arnt really gonna actually LEARN anything new... And Shawn look fit and healthy...

The dynamic between a son/fighter & father/trainer is super complicated but Kenny let him down. Shawn was hurt, he was going to lose but he was going to get terribly hurt. Ref would have probably stopped it a few punches later. Fury was putting a legendary beating on Wilder. A +250lbs beating. Now Shawn exits the sport on a stoppage loss.

Inoue is my favourite fighter to watch out of all of P4P fighters, Ive been on the hype train for years, just a shame hes with Top Rank as his next defence is a terrible...

Top Rank are great at bringing youngsters through and developing them but generally once they get to stars they are absolutely terrible with them...

Canelo
Usyk
Bud
Inoue
Loma

Back