Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cameramen were so happy right here
That's like someone squaring up with u in the skreets and u hear 'WorldStar' that shit would have me stand tf back up. I'm not taking that L with that camera right in my face.
B4 that...
raymond-white-men-cant-jump.gif

Why are people calling this a great fight?
I can see both sides. This shit was entertaining asl.
I was surprised af wilder put him down twice but other than that it was just a fucking beatdown. I never really thought wilder could beat this bubba looking muthafucka. Now if u wanna say beatdowns can be a great fight I can see that too. Floyd beating gattis ass was a thing of beauty to me. This wasn't that tho. It was sloppy at times but fury did his thing.

My Verdict: Very Entertaining

Wilders whole fight style is predicated on a lucky right hand. I would never bet money on him.

Lucky is the key word. Ain't nothing wrong with having a style that revolves around landing a big shot. The problem is that Wilder can't set up the shot and isn't a counterpuncher, so his only recourse is to go out there and swing as much as he can and pray that he eventually lands something.

Man, that was a dope fight... I was jumping around my livingroom going crazy, my dogs were barking in attack mode thinking wtf was going on lol

I was worried about Fury's complacently and his not measuring the distance and being sloppy... TBH I thought he was box Wilders ears off but end up get clipped, he did but that seemed to wake him up...

For all Wilder's talk of doing the basics etc it was all talk as he reverted back to type, like all older fighters do when they are under pressure and/or gassed...

Wilder did start off the first round well though, the jab to the midsection was a good idea but then he got touched and that game plan went out the window, he didnt really throw another jab after that... It wasnt vintage Fury but he was still good enough to get the job done...

To Wilders credit he showed heart and went out on his shield but having paid mercenaries/a brave corner is not good for your health, he was battered pillar to post...

There were 2 potential FOTY last night over here, Cheeseman/Williamson was brutal and Fury/Wilder... Smith/Fowler delivered too...

Not sure how anyone can say it wasnt a great fight, I was on the edge of my seat the whole fight... Even when Wilder's gas is on reserve he just has to touch you with a cuffing shot to put you down which will make every fight hes in exciting...

Fury has taken him to school 3 times now though, I never want to see that fight again, put it to bed and move on....

Man, that was a dope fight... I was jumping around my livingroom going crazy, my dogs were barking in attack mode thinking wtf was going on lol

I was worried about Fury's complacently and his not measuring the distance and being sloppy... TBH I thought he was box Wilders ears off but end up get clipped, he did but that seemed to wake him up...

For all Wilder's talk of doing the basics etc it was all talk as he reverted back to type, like all older fighters do when they are under pressure and/or gassed...

Wilder did start off the first round well though, the jab to the midsection was a good idea but then he got touched and that game plan went out the window, he didnt really throw another jab after that... It wasnt vintage Fury but he was still good enough to get the job done...

To Wilders credit he showed heart and went out on his shield but having paid mercenaries/a brave corner is not good for your health, he was battered pillar to post...

There were 2 potential FOTY last night over here, Cheeseman/Williamson was brutal and Fury/Wilder... Smith/Fowler delivered too...
Yea his boxing wasnt as sharp i surely thought he was gonna take Wilders head off as Wilder kept with that exaggerated body shot as with an over hand or uppercut he wasnt as fluid with the jab and started moving his head a lilttle in the latter part of the fight

Yea his boxing wasnt as sharp i surely thought he was gonna take Wilders head off as Wilder kept with that exaggerated body shot as with an over hand or uppercut he wasnt as fluid with the jab and started moving his head a lilttle in the latter part of the fight

Yeah when ever Fury puts too much weight on he really effects his upperbody movement and fluidity...

Im not sure why Wilder put on that much weight either, its not like he needed it for power, which is why I think Fury packed on the pounds (that along with a bad camp due to trouble with his daughters birth and supposed COVID etc)...

Wilder should have been practcing fighting backwards too and jabbing when hes tired and gassed, all I saw him doing was lifting weights and throwing awkward, static one-twos down the pipe in his garden... Not once have I ever seen him practive fighting on the backfoot or going backwards underpressure, which is one of his biggest issues...

Im waiting for a Malik Scott to give some corner advice and all he saying is you gone be proud of yourself in the morning lmao nigga what?

Now everybody an expert 🤦🏿‍♂️

You put two people in the ring, ones going to be the better man. Fury was the better man. It's really that simple. He outboxed and out landed on someone he was better than. And even he himself said Wilder is still the second best heavyweight.

It's really just as deep as that. But y'all get y'all shit off.... Cuz everybody a trainer and expert now 🤷🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Back