Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Fury vs Usyk: Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
@Sion

It was a proffesional fight though:

Nate Robinson

Jake Paul

Im not saying its not Nate's fault... BUT people need protecting from themselves, like you say hitting the pads and sparring is a different ball game...

Sparring with headgear and 18oz gloves is totally different to fighting as a pro (or even as amateur or in a whitecollar fight)... Just watch Nate's fight back, he wasnt even breathing, dude was holding his breath for most of the fight and it was professionally licensed smh

Its not easy to get a pro licence (for the average person) the fact celebs and YouTubers are getting them like its nothing is ridiculous, a ridiculous money grab and its dangerous...

Pro's when evenly matched (or even outmatched journeymen) can look after themselves in the ring, like the dude that took a beating off Badu Jack, which is why they are professionals... People like Nate and Jake Paul cant look after theirselves...

Its hard to get a pro licence because its a dangerous sport... Just like you cant get an F1 licence when you have only driven a go kart, because its dangerous and you would be a liability...

If Jake Paul takes on a real professional, and its not fixed for him to win he will probably get washed alot harder then Nate... And if or when there is a serious injury, watch all the media and fans of whoever it is, come out in force calling the sport dangerous etc just because greedy promotors and celebs wanna be boxers and play the sport...

I love the idea of celebs fighting each other, its great fun... but do it with headgear, 16oz-18oz gloves, standing 8 counts etc you will still get knockouts and fun exchanges...

Also that ref in the Nate/Paul fight needs his licence revoked, if he even has one...

How the fck did he let Nate continue fighting after the first knock down??? He was clearly out of it... Especially as hes not even a 'proper' fighter accustomed to taking a beating...

This is why I hate these celebs fighting like professionals (no head gear, smaller gloves, no standing 8 counts etc) and thinking boxing is a game, the ref could have gotten Nate killed... The refs job is to project the fighters, not make the audience enjoy a knock out...

Big up Nate for having the balls to even step in the ring, most haters dont have the balls to it...

Stepping in the ring makes you feel very vulnerable, everyone is watching you and you know you can be humiliated... So I can only imagine what it is like for a celeb fighting a clown like Jake Paul, knowing the trolls, social media etc are gonna clown the hell out of you... So far play to him...

Aside from the clear size difference, I think Nate only had about 4 months training whereas this Jake Paul clown has apparently being having elite level training for years...

Bottom line, imo if these celebs are gonna fight, do it under amateur rules and regulations...

nigga pls. foh w blaming the ref.

Nate got up after both of the 1st two knock downs. That nigga was ready to fight.

The ref did his job. If ur gone blame anybody, blame his corner. They prolly shoulda threw in the towel after the 2nd knock down.

and most people think they know how to fight but cant.. and you cant go into a boxing match trying to fight.. as some bum off the street... there is a method to the madness even in the most raw/ unskilled pro fighters..

Yeah, which is why most hard dudes like Kimbo and many bareknuckle fighters that get a rep off smashing the fck outta the fellow street fighters end up getting humbled in a ring... And Kimbo and other top bareknuckle fighters were successful street fighters because they used basic boxing techniques in their fights (i.e not wailing in windmilling)...

Last edited:
nigga pls. foh w blaming the ref.

Nate got up after both of the 1st two knock downs. That nigga was ready to fight.

The ref did his job. If ur gone blame anybody, blame his corner. They prolly shoulda threw in the towel after the 2nd knock down.
bruh its the duty of the ref to protect the fighter thats his first job you look at the signs and call it..

People have had their whole lives changed.. or died in the ring

Also that ref in the Nate/Paul fight needs his licence revoked, if he even has one...

How the fck did he let Nate continue fighting after the first knock down??? He was clearly out of it... Especially as hes not even a 'proper' fighter accustomed to taking a beating...

This is why I hate these celebs fighting like professionals (no head gear, smaller gloves, no standing 8 counts etc) and thinking boxing is a game, the ref could have gotten Nate killed... The refs job is to project the fighters, not make the audience enjoy a knock out...

Big up Nate for having the balls to even step in the ring, most haters dont have the balls to it...

Stepping in the ring makes you feel very vulnerable, everyone is watching you and you know you can be humiliated... So I can only imagine what it is like for a celeb fighting a clown like Jake Paul, knowing the trolls, social media etc are gonna clown the hell out of you... So far play to him...

Aside from the clear size difference, I think Nate only had about 4 months training whereas this Jake Paul clown has apparently being having elite level training for years...

Bottom line, imo if these celebs are gonna fight, do it under amateur rules and regulations...

Why give him credit for taking this fight? He most likely looked at Jake Paul as that goofy Youtuber and thought he could easily beat his ass and he paid the price. It's not like he took on an elite level pro fighter. Everytime you challenge yourself you feel vulnerable no matter what sport. Nate was literally running at Pauls Punches like he was playing football, Nate was awful but he knew what he was getting himself into.

Does this make me a hater? If so I'd gladly step into the ring for that pay check ($600 000).

Why give him credit for taking this fight? He most likely looked at Jake Paul as that goofy Youtuber and thought he could easily beat his ass and he paid the price. It's not like he took on an elite level pro fighter. Everytime you challenge yourself you feel vulnerable no matter what sport. Nate was literally running at Pauls Punches like he was playing football, Nate was awful.

Does this make me a hater? If so I'd gladly step into the ring for that pay check ($ 600 000).

Because he stepped in the ring to fight... I give anyone credit for willing to fight in the ring, its not just the fighting, its the training but more so dealing with nerves weeks and days before the fight... Especially when youre a public figure, because you can get humbled real quick like Nate and become a meme...

@Marc123

Are you blind??? He didnt even make the count on the first KD, he was not up by 9seconds... The ref should have waved it off then... THEN he fell over and face planted, probably because he was disorientated due to KD punch being a shot behind the head...

All of this was before taking a clean shot and ending up on his face, unconscious for 10mins...

He CLEARLY wanted out after the first KD, he was out of his depth and was in no state to continue, which is why he ended up the way he did...

Its Nate's own fault but the ref should have stopped it...

Last edited:
I agree fam but celebrities operate differently. They have money and that bypasses a lot of things. Nate Robinson made a decision after assessing the risks.

I dont think Jake and Nate give a fuck about going pro, this was about money and they got 600k a piece. I respect the hustle. I read Jake wants to fight McGregor now, he knows he wont win but the payout would set him up for life.

Sports entertainment is not a career, it's an opportunity and it can be taken away at any moment. You're supposed to come into the game and create an avenue so you can prosper after your hype dies down.

This is the problem... All the extra shit aside about money etc, Im just outlaying the risks of it all... I agree its their own fault but its down to the board and commission to get the integrity of the sport intact and also the fighters safe...

When I spar, I wear headgear a) because I gotta go to work the next day and b) because it protects my gym if I get KTFO...

It doesnt make me extra hard if I dont wear one but some dudes think it does.. Normally its dudes that never stick at the sport and dont respect the gym...

The production for the ppv was good the lightning ,and stage and sound quality were top notch ,it's definitely some of the best COVID-19-Era production I've seen thus far. HBO ex employees did good with this

The lights over the ring was a nice touch and even some of the camera angles

Last edited:
The Tyson/RJJ fight was better than expected and props to them for getting fighting fit in their 50's and being able to compete like that for 2x8 mins round but I dont wanna see either of them fight again...

It was kinda sad seeing two old guys (both looked nervous as fck) standing in that ring before the the bell, neither looked like they wanted to be there... I wanna remember them in their prime... Especially Mike, dude was my hero growing up...

Mike's legs have totally gone, you can see what he wanted to do but you cant beat father time and at 54yr he doesnt need to be fighting, hes got great businesses with his podcast and Tyson Ranch etc and hes geniusly now cult figure with the younger generation too...

I kinda agree. I would have liked to see Mike challenged more though if this is a one and done you're thing. I don't know he could have fought, but Roy didn't have it in him to really give Mike a good run.

@Sion

It was a proffesional fight though:

Nate Robinson

Jake Paul

Im not saying its not Nate's fault... BUT people need protecting from themselves, like you say hitting the pads and sparring is a different ball game...

Sparring with headgear and 18oz gloves is totally different to fighting as a pro (or even as amateur or in a whitecollar fight)... Just watch Nate's fight back, he wasnt even breathing, dude was holding his breath for most of the fight and it was professionally licensed smh

Its not easy to get a pro licence (for the average person) the fact celebs and YouTubers are getting them like its nothing is ridiculous, a ridiculous money grab and its dangerous...

Pro's when evenly matched (or even outmatched journeymen) can look after themselves in the ring, like the dude that took a beating off Badu Jack, which is why they are professionals... People like Nate and Jake Paul cant look after theirselves...

Its hard to get a pro licence because its a dangerous sport... Just like you cant get an F1 licence when you have only driven a go kart, because its dangerous and you would be a liability...

If Jake Paul takes on a real professional, and its not fixed for him to win he will probably get washed alot harder then Nate... And if or when there is a serious injury, watch all the media and fans of whoever it is, come out in force calling the sport dangerous etc just because greedy promotors and celebs wanna be boxers and play the sport...

I love the idea of celebs fighting each other, its great fun... but do it with headgear, 16oz-18oz gloves, standing 8 counts etc you will still get knockouts and fun exchanges...

It's not all on the ref.

If the ref doesn't protect the fighter by stopping the fight, it falls on the fighter's corner to throw in the towel.

Back