Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Teo controlled an elusive fighter who likes to fight with angles with a steady strong jab.

He pumped the shit out the jab and never let Loma get started on his offense.

He knew Loma likes to "start late" so Teo established the jab early. He forced Loma to work from the outside, and since he's the smaller man it was a tough fight.

Great game plan. Great execution. Amazing focus.

Loma is very good. But he's not the kind of talent they hyped him up to be. He's not some guy like duran or Manny, or even Floyd who can keep moving up and stay effective.

You put a jab in his face. All that stops

Did Teo really force anything though? It's not like Loma was trying to go on the offensive and couldn't. He just didn't. Dude only threw 4 punches in the whole first round. I just think Loma miscalculated. I believe he thought he was going to wear Teo down and that Teo was going to lose focus and start headhunting. Loma was wrong. Teo stuck to the strategy, and by the time Loma realized he was wrong it was too late. But let's be real, when Loma turned it on, Teo didn't have much of anything for him. Teo still landed some body shots here and there but Loma was the one landing flurries, visibly stunning Teo, and backing Teo up.

Like I said before though, for me Teo won it in the 12th. That's the one round where showed he could take everything Loma had to give and still come out on top.

Did Teo really force anything though? It's not like Loma was trying to go on the offensive and couldn't. He just didn't. Dude only threw 4 punches in the whole first round. I just think Loma miscalculated. I believe he thought he was going to wear Teo down and that Teo was going to lose focus and start headhunting. Loma was wrong. Teo stuck to the strategy, and by the time Loma realized he was wrong it was too late. But let's be real, when Loma turned it on, Teo didn't have much of anything for him. Teo still landed some body shots here and there but Loma was the one landing flurries, visibly stunning Teo, and backing Teo up.

Like I said before though, for me Teo won it in the 12th. That's the one round where showed he could take everything Loma had to give and still come out on top.
and thats pretty much it.. Teo was the better man that night because he won that i all that is required... but the better fighter and boxer was Loma when he pressed Teo had no answers he just fought tactically wrong an paid dearly

Loma Vs Lopez was a great fight. I was really rooting for Loma to win it but Lopez impressed tf out of me. I wasnt very familiar with him but he made me a fan on saturday. Loma definitely had some moments, but he spent too much time trying to "feel it out". Barely did shit the first 6 rounds. 7-10 he really stepped it up and i would say won those rounds, but those last 2 rounds got intense in parts but i would still say Lopez took them.

Loma Vs Lopez was a great fight. I was really rooting for Loma to win it but Lopez impressed tf out of me. I wasnt very familiar with him but he made me a fan on saturday. Loma definitely had some moments, but he spent too much time trying to "feel it out". Barely did shit the first 6 rounds. 7-10 he really stepped it up and i would say won those rounds, but those last 2 rounds got intense in parts but i would still say Lopez took them.

Loma definitely won round 11. I know stats aren't everything, but if you look at the stats Loma pretty handily won all the later rounds but 12. Lopez was the much more active person in the fight, but Loma was much more accurate.

lopez-lomachenko-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

From what I saw Teo has very little defense. If Loma let his hands go he would of beaten him.

He didn't let his hands go because Looez was throwing like crazy and afraid to get countered. He seen his face by end of fight.

He was controlling the man with a strong jab.

If Loma had jumped earlier he would have gotten clipped.

I can't say Teo had nothing for him, cuz he was there all 12 long.

Loma is still good, and when he turns up anybody gonna feel it. But Lopez was game. That man fought his ass off the whole fight, and turned up in the 12.

Lopez boxed well, but he still a killa

Loma moving too early would have got his ass dropped.

He was controlling the man with a strong jab.

If Loma had jumped earlier he would have gotten clipped.

I can't say Teo had nothing for him, cuz he was there all 12 long.

Loma is still good, and when he turns up anybody gonna feel it. But Lopez was game. That man fought his ass off the whole fight, and turned up in the 12.

Lopez boxed well, but he still a killa

Loma moving too early would have got his ass dropped.

The bold is why I disagree with you. Teo continued his gameplan into the late round. He was still sticking the jab, it just didn't work. I can't remember which round, maybe 4 or 5, Ward actually pointed out that Loma was managing to get in, he just wasn't attacking. They concluded that he was scared of Teo's power. That might have been correct. Loma might have fell for Teo's hype, while Two didn't fall for Loma's.

I want to watch it again. Lopez clearly had the smarter strategy. But i didn't feel either left looking like the superior boxer. Loma started dictating the pace between rounds 7-11. Too late. He gave way too much respect for Lopez.

Luke Campbell gave Loma fits early with the reach too. Here's where I give all credit to Lopez. He kept Loma just on the edge of his jab without ever over extending his stay. Just enough activity to make Loma constantly reset and recalculate. With Lopez never over extending, the threat of his power was always looming.

The compubox stats tell a story too. Loma was far more accurate but Lopez had literally twice his activity. 11.9% of his jabs landed but he found enough power shots @ a 40% clip to keep some respect alive. It took the first 5 rounds for Loma to throw a total of 45 punches collectively.. Lopez was practically throwing 45 punches per round.

He earned that win. Interested to see how Loma bounces back.

I want to watch it again. Lopez clearly had the smarter strategy. But i didn't feel either left looking like the superior boxer. Loma started dictating the pace between rounds 7-11. Too late. He gave way too much respect for Lopez.

Luke Campbell gave Loma fits early with the reach too. Here's where I give all credit to Lopez. He kept Loma just on the edge of his jab without ever over extending his stay. Just enough activity to make Loma constantly reset and recalculate. With Lopez never over extending, the threat of his power was always looming.

The compubox stats tell a story too. Loma was far more accurate but Lopez had literally twice his activity. 11.9% of his jabs landed but he found enough power shots @ a 40% clip to keep some respect alive. It took the first 5 rounds for Loma to throw a total of 45 punches collectively.. Lopez was practically throwing 45 punches per round.

He earned that win. Interested to see how Loma bounces back.

I can agree with this assessment. I think Loma found a way to get past that jab before Round 7, but I believe he was still scared of that power and wasn't ready to really risk it all. That was a mistake on his part. In saying that, I don't want to take anything away from Teo. IMO Loma still seemed like the better fighter to me, but Teo had the better strategy and earned the win.

Back