Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Edit: This comment was O.T in the soccer thread, now its in here...

:stare:

Fckn devastated seeing Dillian getting sent into another universe last night smh now were are going to get Wilder and Ruiz talking trash even though they continuously fight cans and lose... When Whyte got rid of Tibbs mid camp I feared something like this would happen...

Last edited:
Gutted about Dillian, I been championing my dude for yeeeeears and has fought against the odds his whole career to get himself into the WBC number 1 sport......... for 1000 days smh

He continuously fought dangerous dudes and improving nearly every fight when he could have sat on his ranking, fighting bums, waiting for his title shot...

With that being said, getting rid of his trainer Mark Tibbs, mid camp, who has helped guide his improvement made me nervous...

Whyte was in control of the fight but the commentary over here ignored the body shots that Povetkin was landing... That KO was set up nicely too and the execution was perfect, the technique showed the elite schooling that Povetkin had, it wasnt a lucky punch...

Still, fckn gutted he got sparked out but Im glad he has a rematch clause... No shame in the loss, Whyte's attitude to fighting anyone/anywhere is a credit to the sport, he needs to get himself a new top class trainer and keep going...

Agree with the first statement. Defo not the 2nd though Katie takes way too many shots

Taylor peaked in 2012, she was literally winning every tournament around the world back then and was amazing to watch as an amateur, she was the female Loma and really was the matrix (there is footage of her sparring rigo) but since 2012 then she has only gone backwards but it was still more then enough to beat all the opposition in front of her...

Persoon (or anyone) would not have landed a glove on Taylor when she anywhere near her peak... The problem for Taylor now is at 35 is she has never been a heavy handed puncher so she doesnt even have the punch power to make up for her regressive footwork and reflexes... She never used to go backwards in straight lines, misjudge distance or stand still after punching... But saying that Persoon's style is horrible for any to look remotely good against lol

The womens boxing pool is finally getting deeper and deeper with every Olympic, Worlds and European cycle and we finally getting some great match ups, Natasha Jonas v Terri Harper two weeks ago was probably the best womens fight Ive seen, even though Jonas was robbed of the win...

The best womens fight were Mafhood vs Clampett dont quote me on the spelling but it ward gatt of womens boxing i cant remember if it was a trilogy or rubber match

I've been seeing articles saying that Bud's camp has sent offers to Kell Brook.

Kell Brook didn't look great in his last fight, but he's a good fighter. He was giving Errol Spence problems up until like the 6th round (iirc) when they fought. This should be a good fight if it happens and Kell Brook looks like the Kell Brook pre Golovkin fight.

I've been seeing articles saying that Bud's camp has sent offers to Kell Brook.

Kell Brook didn't look great in his last fight, but he's a good fighter. He was giving Errol Spence problems up until like the 6th round (iirc) when they fought. This should be a good fight if it happens and Kell Brook looks like the Kell Brook pre Golovkin fight.

Bud absolutely batters Brook early imo... Brook is like 60 years old in boxing years, the weight cutting, the stabbing, the eye sockets and the inactivity has ruined him... He is the one of the fighters I will look back on and wonder what if/what a waste of career...

Bud absolutely batters Brook early imo... Brook is like 60 years old in boxing years, the weight cutting, the stabbing, the eye sockets and the inactivity has ruined him... He is the one of the fighters I will look back on and wonder what if/what a waste of career...

Lol i expect Bud to win. I just think the fight has the potential to be closer than people might think. I don't think he stops Brook. He uses his jab well and fights good on the inside. Kavaliauskas gave Bud problems with a similar tactic, but we'll see of it pans out.

I don't see Bud doing it early. Bud is a calculated boxer. He moves through the gears so effortlessly. Bud will take his time in the early rounds to see what he got in front of him and then pick Brook apart once he figured him out.

I don't see Bud doing it early. Bud is a calculated boxer. He moves through the gears so effortlessly. Bud will take his time in the early rounds to see what he got in front of him and then pick Brook apart once he figured him out.

Lol i expect Bud to win. I just think the fight has the potential to be closer than people might think. I don't think he stops Brook. He uses his jab well and fights good on the inside. Kavaliauskas gave Bud problems with a similar tactic, but we'll see of it pans out.

Brook will have to boil himself down and kill himself to make 147, he is has no business fighting at 147 at his age after already fighting at 160... He has made 147 twice the in last 5 or 6 years, going all the way up to 160 in between that time...

One of the main reasons that he got such devastating facial injuries against Spence imo was because he was so gaunt and weak at 147, that with the other side already being caved in...

If Brook was 5 year younger he might make it to the later rounds and in his prime he would have had a real good chance of winning but now I think he would be dead on the scales and too drained on fight night (even after rehydrating), he may fight his heart out just to be competitive for a few rounds but at some point within the first half of the fight I think Brook will get hurt and stopped... The two injuries be in the back of his mind too...

Ref's will know he has taken alot of punishment his career, though that shouldn't matter, its natural for refs to know a fighters history, i.e when fighters are fresh or old, warriors or prone to KO's etc... So if Brook was to take 3 or 4 hard unanswered shots I think they would be more inclined to jump in quicker than if it was Bud taking the punches...

Bruh, I really need to sit down and take record of all the boxing news...

Shit is wild right now!!

Porter #1 contender for Buds belt
Heavy weight picture is bananas
Loma vs Teo
Roy vs Mike
Tank vs Leo
Spence vs Danny
Charllo's on deck
That's like 30 minutes of conversation right there!!

Bruh, I really need to sit down and take record of all the boxing news...

Shit is wild right now!!

Porter #1 contender for Buds belt
Heavy weight picture is bananas
Loma vs Teo
Roy vs Mike
Tank vs Leo
Spence vs Danny
Charllo's on deck
That's like 30 minutes of conversation right there!!

It's a lot going on man.

Yall know imma Porter fan. But all jokes aside...the way he looked in his last two fights....he gonna take Buds belt if that fight happens.

Back