Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test

Damn I needed this interview !! It told me everything I need to know about Spence return to the ring, and I’m glad he’s using the accident as a blessing and motivation to go harder.. He also say the extra time off because of the Corona virus is helping him because it give him more time to train and cut weight...

Wilder is talking real reckless man. I mean I think he gets unfairly criticized sometimes. I don't think he is as unskilled as some people try to make it seem, but I really do think he overestimates how good he is. That aside, what is he even talking about in this video? How many HOFers has he fought. Maybe Ortiz will be there eventually. Maybe Tyson Fury, but I don't think either of them are guaranteed. Wilder tosses out Holmes as a legit win for Tyson even though both times Wilder fought Ortiz, Ortiz was older than Holmes was when he fought Tyson. And Holmes actually went on a title run AFTER he lost to Tyson, which means he wasn't as washed up as Wilder is claiming.

So far the only fight i believe can happen is Tyson vs Briggs.

Which would be a horrible matchup for Briggs.

He's too stationary of a fighter. Tyson would eat him alive with all the angles he can attack from.

So far the only fight i believe can happen is Tyson vs Briggs.

Which would be a horrible matchup for Briggs.

He's too stationary of a fighter. Tyson would eat him alive with all the angles he can attack from.

Nah I think Briggs would KO Mike... Briggs has been more active, even though he hasnt fought for a while he has stayed in the gym sparring, is a health freak, alot bigger, massive puncher and has a granit chin...

People are forgetting that the end of Mike's career was awful getting KO by Kevin McBride and Danny Williams and he is will be 54 or 55 by the time they fight...

I don't think Tyson can keep a solid pace for more than one or two rounds today. His aggressive boxing is not even a style that age well. Tyson retired 15 years ago and he's 50+ today. I don't want to see Tyson get hurt. I'm glad to see that he's back in good physical shape though but some people seem to think he can make some noise, I disagree.

Nah I think Briggs would KO Mike... Briggs has been more active, even though he hasnt fought for a while he has stayed in the gym sparring, is a health freak, alot bigger, massive puncher and has a granit chin...

People are forgetting that the end of Mike's career was awful getting KO by Kevin McBride and Danny Williams and he is will be 54 or 55 by the time they fight...

That was a completely different tyson.
Completely different.

This is a happy Tyson motivated by the love of the science. I fully believe the difference in mindsets makes all the difference.

if he's fighting someone in his age group then let them bang it out

he should ignore any young fighter - or it 'll be like ali v. holmes

I don't think Tyson can keep a solid pace for more than one or two rounds today. His aggressive boxing is not even a style that age well. Tyson retired 15 years ago and he's 50+ today. I don't want to see Tyson get hurt. I'm glad to see that he's back in good physical shape though but some people seem to think he can make some noise, I disagree.

His style is that of a boxer that has to contend with much taller opponents. His style cant be replicated because the originator is no longer with us.

Completely different.

This is a happy Tyson motivated by the love of the science. I fully believe the difference in mindsets makes all the difference.

Do you think Tyson can compete at a very high level? Do you think he can go 10-12 rounds at age 54?

Completely different.

Of course mindset makes a difference but he is a heavy smoking, 53 year who has been out of the ring... for 15 years!!!

Not to mention punch resistance issues one you stop fighting, once retired for even a couple years, simple things like your skin becomes softer and you cut easier and you cant absorbed punches nowhere as well...

Soon as punches start coming back Tyson will probably end up taking some nasty punches that I dont want to see him take and end up getting dropped...

Not only do I not wanna see Mike get hurt or dropped but more so I dont wanna see the potential fallout something like that can have on him mentally, as he is a man of pride that admits he was scared of being humiliated or embarrassed when fighting (not that their is any shame in losing a fight if youre brave enough to step in the ring), so this venture could potentially leave him going down a dark path again... Ive loved seeing him become enlighten on his podcast over the last few years, he said a while ago he had to kill his ego and I think he even he said would never fight again because you have to be an egomaniac to go into battle situation... So to me, I see this a counter productive to his personal growth...

Briggs is what almost 10 years younger, alot bigger, a health freak and has stayed in the ring so kept his body in some form of fighting condition... Plus hits like a mule and has a granite chin... Personally I think Briggs would stop Mike in a boxing fight...

Back