Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Like...he said that like he didn't fight Amir "Bambi Legs" Khan.....

What he bring to the table?

I'm starting not to like Bud man

Like...he said that like he didn't fight Amir "Bambi Legs" Khan.....

What he bring to the table?

I'm starting not to like Bud man
Been said this.

He's posturing on a grand scale

Been said this.

He's posturing on a grand scale
If u watch Porter vs Spence in slo mo lol u see this nigga Porter throwing everything I mean elbows, shoulders and etc....seeing how clean Bud was getting hit by the white dude he just knocked out ....who wants to deal w Porter especially seeing as it really doesn’t do much for him besides a paycheck

Lubin's Trainer Confident His Boxer Beats Charlo in Rematch

Kevin Cunningham was in Ontario, California last Saturday for the Premier Boxing Champions on FOX event. He worked the corner of former super middleweight champion Andre Dirrell, who returned to ring for the first time in more than 20 months.

This was the world class trainer’s first fight with Dirrell and the pairing proved to be successful. Dirrell, who now campaigns in the light heavyweight division, stopped Juan Ubaldo Cabrera in 5 rounds.

Cunningham’s stable of fighters also includes super welterweight contender Erickson Lubin so he was a very interested observer of the Tony Harrison-Jermell Charlo main event that Charlo won by 11th round stoppage.

Lubin faced Charlo in 2017 when he was caught cold and stopped in one round. The now 24-year-old Lubin wasn’t trained by Cunningham for that fight. The duo have now worked together for 3 fights and the coach believes that if a rematch comes to fruition, the result will be very different.

“I sat ringside tonight and scouted the Harrison-Charlo fight,” Cunningham told BoxingScene.com.

“After thoroughly watching the fight I’m convinced that Lubin beats Charlo in the rematch. Harrison made it difficult for him throughout the fight. At the end of the day Charlo did what he had to do and caught Harrison. One thing’s for sure, he’ll be facing a totally different fighter in Lubin and it’ll be a totally different result if the rematch happens.“

Joshua Tabs Deontay Wilder as "Preference" For 2020 Clash

WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua is hoping to land a unification in 2020.

Joshua is ending off 2019 on a very high note.

Back in June, one of the biggest upsets in the history of the heavyweight division took place when Joshua was stopped by Andy Ruiz in seven rounds. Joshua redeemed himself earlier this month, when he outboxed Ruiz over twelve rounds to reclaim his four belts in Saudi Arabia.

In the last few years, there has been a lot of hype for a potential showdown between Joshua and WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder.

They have traded words on more than one occasion, the two are big punchers - but Joshua indicates that it's Wilder's belt that draws him to the fight.

"It’s not so much stylistically or so much of a grudge, it’s just that I’ve got four of the belts and I want the last one, so Deontay Wilder would be my preference," Joshua told RT.

"Honestly, since I’ve been back it’s been two weeks and I haven’t even had a chance to think of let alone my New Year’s resolution, let alone who I’m going to be fighting next.

"Whoever’s the better opponent would be ideal for me, I’m not too fussed. If you look down the record we’ve fought champions, great fighters, so another one on that list would be an honor for me because I think it builds legacy. I don’t really shy away from a challenge so whoever steps up first will definitely get the opportunity to try and take my belts."

Wilder has a rematch scheduled for February 22, when he faces Tyson Fury. They fought to a controversial draw n December 2018.

And Joshua has two mandatory obligations at his feet. The IBF have ordered him to face Kubrat Pulev, while the WBO has issued an order for a mandatory fight against Oleksandr Usyk. At the moment Pulev appears to be the frontrunner.

Wilder-Fury rematch set for MGM Grand in Vegas

The highly anticipated Feb. 22 rematch between heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder and lineal champion Tyson Fury is now official, with a site deal complete and tickets ready to go on sale on Saturday.

Top Rank and Premier Boxing Champions announced on Friday that the fight, as expected, will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will headline a joint pay-per-view between Fury broadcaster ESPN and PBC partner Fox, which also handled Wilder's Nov. 23 pay-per-view fight, a rematch against Luis "King Kong" Ortiz at the MGM Grand.

"I'm happy and I'm excited that the rematch is finally happening," said Wilder, who will make his 11th title defense. "I want to give the fans what they want to see. I've been doing it with my last three outings -- Fury, [Dominic] Breazeale and Ortiz. They've been spectacular events -- from my ring walks, where I gather all the energy of the people, to my uniforms that I wear to help spread that energy. Then I give them what they all come for -- the knockouts, and my knockouts have been amazing.

"I proved myself the first time and I'm ready to do it again. It was a very controversial fight. I promise my fans that there won't be any controversy with this one. I'm going to finish it."

When Wilder (42-0-1, 41 KOs), 34, of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and Fury (29-0-1, 20 KOs), 31, of England, met last December at Staples Center in Los Angeles, they turned in a memorable fight that ended in a controversial draw that most had Fury winning.

Fury outboxed Wilder for long stretches, but Wilder scored two knockdowns -- one in the ninth round and a massive one in the 12th that Fury somehow survived before the bout was ruled a split draw. One judge had Wilder winning 115-111, one gave Fury the nod 114-112 and the third judge scored it 113-113.

Fury, who will make the sixth defense of the lineal title, said he is also pumped up for the sequel, which he will enter after having parted ways with trainer Ben Davison earlier this month to go with Javan "Sugar" Hill, the nephew of the late International Boxing Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward.

Fury and Hill had gotten to know each other a decade ago, when Fury spent time training in a Steward camp.

"There's no more ducking and diving," Fury said. "The date has been set, and the 'Bomb Squad' is about to be securely detonated and the real champion crowned as the world watches on for the most anticipated fight in years. This is unfinished business for me, but come Feb. 22, this dosser will finally get what's coming to him, and I can't wait."

Wilder, however, hardly ducked the rematch with Fury. After the first fight last December, Wilder and Fury both called for an immediate rematch, and they had a deal in principle agreed to for a fight this past spring, only for Fury surprisingly to go in another direction. He signed with Top Rank to co-promote him with Frank Warren and aligned with ESPN, with whom Top Rank has a long-term exclusive deal.

Wilder and Fury finally did agree to the rematch in a rare deal between rivals Top Rank and PBC, one that also includes a third Wilder-Fury bout. But before the rematch would take place, the deal called for each to first have two interim bouts. Wilder and Fury got through those bouts to set themselves up for much bigger paydays than they would have received had they had the rematch right away.

Fury won both of his bouts against obscure opponents. He blew out Tom Schwarz in the second round on June 15 at the MGM Grand and then had an unexpectedly grueling decision win over Otto Wallin on Sept. 14 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, where Fury suffered two horrendous cuts over his right eye. The cuts, one a gaping wound, required 47 stitches to close.

Wilder also handled his business with a pair of highlight-reel knockouts. He destroyed mandatory challenger Breazeale in the first round on May 18 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, and then rallied from a lopsided deficit on the scorecards to drill Ortiz in the seventh round last month -- after struggling for the first six rounds -- in what was the final hurdle to him and Fury meeting again.

If anyone catches prelims tomorrow

Malik Warren and Malik Hawkins are two kids from bmore to definitely watch..

Mia Ellis also from bmore is making her pro debut. Her pops is from around my way and been hyping his baby girl up all year... I've seen tons of amateur clips... Ready to see shorty pro debut now..

Back