Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-lomachenko-being-underpaid-by-bottom-rank--123899

Mayweather: Lomachenko is Being Underpaid By Bottom Rank!

Retired former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. believes WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko is being underpaid by his promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank.

Mayweather challenges Top Rank - which the unbeaten fighter now refers to as Bottom Rank - to present a list of the paydays that some of their stars have made in the last twelve months - and Mayweather says that he will explain why all of them are underpaid.

One fighter in particular who Mayweather claims is underpaid - is Lomachenko.

Mayweather feels Lomachenko was grossly underpaid for his recent win over Guillermo Rigondeaux.

“Now look. He got $1.2 million. This is a guy who won two gold medals and this is the guy they are talking about as the pound-for-pound, the best fighter in boxing, he's making $1.2 million. I would rather be not known as the best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing and get paid $6, $7 or $8 million a fight. That's just my look at it. If you want to take bigger risk, you can get rewarded," Mayweather told Fighthype.com.

"I take nothing away from Lomachenko. He has to look at his promoter. He's been treating fighters bad for over 40 years. As soon as I got away from him, as soon as I got away from Bob Arum - instantly I started making crazy money. If Lomacheko got $1.2 million and the other boy got $400,000 - that's $1.6 million [combined and] I got fighters making that.

"I thought this was some huge fight, some colossal fight. If its that big of a fight, the money has got to be better. So Lomachenko, tell your promoter to pay you. I like you. I like his movement, his speed. I respect him as a fighter. At the end of the day, learn the business part. Tell your promoter to pay you. You got $1.2 million and you should have got $2.5 million."

“If Bottom Rank is a top company in boxing – all I want to do is – I wanna see the paydays. We going to pull up the paydays from the different fighters at Top Rank. We going to pull up the paydays and then I’m going to show you what these guys should be getting and why they are underpaid.”

Lomachenko had recently been calling out one of Mayweather's fighter, Gervonta 'Tank' Davis.

The Ukrainian boxer has claimed that Davis is hiding from the fight - a claim that Mayweather denies.

“Tank has a promoter. Tank”can come to me and say Floyd, this is the fight that I want. At the end of the day I’m going to say there is no rush. You’re still young. If you want to fight there’s plenty of fights. You’ve got a lot of fights left in you. You’re only 22 or just turned 23 years old. He's got 15 years left. But if you rush and take all of the hard fights now, then you won't make it to 38 or 39 in the boxing business. There is no rush," Mayweather said.

"At the end of the day, I got nothing against Lomachenko. Just don't try to disrespect any fighter who is with me. Tank ain't hiding from you. Tank wants to fight you. He asked me about fighting you on more than one occasion. Me, as a mentor and father figure, I told him there is no rush."

I thought it was common knowledge that scammer bob under pays his fighters,
and I never understood why fighters go to top rank..
The exposure.

But bud getting dicked around too....

Nigga should have been ppv. Bob not trying to invest much money into dude..... But after he kills horn hopefully he starts making demands

Last edited:
http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-stevenson-vs-jack-alvarez-vs-gvozdyk-sanctioned--123940

WBC Prez: Stevenson vs. Jack, Alvarez vs. Gvozdyk Sanctioned
World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman has revealed that his organization has sanctioned two fights in the light heavyweight division.

First, he sanctioned a world title fight between WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs) and once-beaten challenger Badou Jack (22-1-2, 13 KOs), who moved up from super middleweight last year.

And the second fight sanctioned is a final eliminator between undefeated contenders Eleider Alvarez and Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

Jack, who previously held the WBC super middleweight title, moved up to 175 last August when he knocked out Nathan Cleverly to capture the WBA world title at light heavyweight.

He vacated that belt not long after, to pursue the fight with Stevenson.

Stevenson was under an order to fight Alvarez, but managed to work out a deal with the sanctioning body to face Jack.

Alvarez (23-0, 11 KOs) has been the mandatory challenger to Stevenson for the last two years and went through at least three final eliminators. He was paid a handsome step-aside fee to allow Stevenson-Jack to go forward. In 2017 he packed in wins over former world champions Jean Pascal and Lucian Bute.

On the other, Gvozdyk (14-0, 12 KOs) is a rising force in the division, but Alvarez will by far be his biggest step up in class.

Gvozdyk got in big knockout wins over Craig Baker, Isaac Chilemba and Yunieski Gonzalez in his last three fights. Because Gvodzyk is promoted by Top Rank, it will be interesting to see if his fight with Alvarez will land on ESPN or land as a co-featured Showtime bout to Stevenson vs. Jack.

"Champion Adonis Stevenson will fight former WBC super middleweight champion Badou Jack in a highly-anticipated match. Mandatory challenger Eleider Alvarez will fight Oleksandr Gvozdyk for the WBC interim title, due to the fact that the mandatory defense has been delayed for several reasons. Both winners must fight immediately after their matches," said Sulaiman.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jarrett-hurd-i-know-i-beat-erislandy-lara-i-want-him-next--123987

Jarrett Hurd: I Know I Can Beat Erislandy Lara - I Want Him Next!
IBF junior middleweight champion Jarrett Hurd is on a mission to unify the division - and the first target on his list is WBA, IBO world champion Erislandy Lara.

In October, a tripleheader took place with Hurd (21-0, 15 KOs), Lara (25-2-2, 14 KOs) and WBC champion Jermell Charlo (30-0, 15 KOs) making defenses at at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Hurd became the first man to stop Austin Trout, while Lara dominated Olympian Terrell Gausha, and Charlo blew away Erickson Lubin in one round.

Lara has been complaining for a long time that everyone in the division is avoiding him, so Hurd is ready to answer than call.

Hurd is hoping the contest can be made in the next few months. Both boxers are managed by Al Haymon and fight under the Premier Boxing Champions banner - making the contest easy to make.

Neither champion has a mandatory obligation at the moment. Hurd was ordered to fight Cedric Vitu, but Vitu elected to accept a fight with Brian Castano.

“Erislandy Lara’s the best at 154, and he’s saying no one else wants to fight him. Well, I wanna fight him. I’ve stopped my last seven opponents, and I know I can beat Lara, so I’d like to fight Lara, next, and to see it happen in April or May," Hurd told Premier Boxing Champions.

He believes Trout was the perfect opponent to get ready for Lara. The Cuban boxer holds a decision win over Trout.

“I feel like Trout was the perfect fight for me to prepare for Lara, being that it serves as the natural transition to assimilate and go from one southpaw to another,” said Hurd.

“I’m a guy who is still learning and not at my best…I’m still living with my parents. But we’re talking about building my own house from scratch, which takes about 10 weeks, so we’re probably looking at sometime this summer, maybe after the Lara fight. I want to face the best in order to become the best, and Lara’s the best in our division.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/duva-discusses-competing-cards-march-3-msg-theater-barclays--123999

Duva Discusses Competing Cards March 3 at MSG Theater, Barclays
By Keith Idec

It’s unfortunate, but there’s nothing she can do about it.

That’s the approach promoter Kathy Duva is taking to the likely reality that her company’s card March 3 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden will have competition in New York City that night. Another show featuring a main event between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder and Cuban contender Luis Ortiz is expected to take place March 3 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Duva’s card, headlined by WBO light heavyweight champ Sergey Kovalev, was officially announced December 22.

Kovalev’s March 3 return to The Theater was revealed immediately after his second-round knockout of Vyacheslav Shabranskyy on November 25. His opponent, fellow Russian Igor Mikhalkin, was secured a few weeks later.

The Wilder-Ortiz show is expected to be announced later this month. The uncommon competing cards will force fans in the New York metropolitan area to choose which card to attend March 3.

“I can’t get upset about things I have no control over,” Duva, Main Events’ CEO, told BoxingScene.com. “I announced on the night of our fight [November 25] that we were going on that date. They had plenty of warning. They chose to go on the same date and I can’t control that. Of course it’s not optimal and it’s definitely something you don’t want to have happen. It’s happening, so what am I gonna do?”

The competing cards also will fragment television viewers.

HBO will televise the doubleheader including Kovalev (31-2-1, 27 KOs) and Mikhalkin (21-1, 9 KOs) and another light heavyweight championship match that’ll pit WBA champ Dmitry Bivol (12-0, 10 KOs) against Sullivan Barrera (21-1, 14 KOs). Showtime will televise the Wilder-Ortiz bout and the super middleweight rematch between former IBF champion Andre Dirrell (26-2, 16 KOs) and Jose Uzcategui (26-2, 22 KOs).

“We made our intentions clear for a long time,” Duva said. “I’ve heard [promoter] Lou [DiBella] saying, ‘Well, we’ve held this date for a long time.’ They hold a lot of dates. That doesn’t mean they use them all. Actually, The Garden holds dates for HBO and they had this date held for a very long time. So what are you gonna do? They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do.

“Look, I like our show. I like our fights. They’re very competitive. Sergey made a big hit with the Russian community in New York [in his last fight]. He finally got the chance to do it. I think they’re gonna be back and I think they’re gonna bring their friends. The other fights on the card are tremendous. And you know [Main Events matchmaker] Jolene [Mizzone], she will always make a terrific undercard. So it’ll be a great show all around and hopefully there will be enough people that’ll recognize that and wanna come.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russell-voluntary-then-face-joseph-diaz--123978

Gary Russell Will Have Voluntary, Then Must Face Joseph Diaz

WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr. (28-1, 17 KOs) will make a voluntary defense of his world title on a date in February, according to World Boxing Council President Maurcio Sulaiman.

However, the sanctioning body's leader states that Russell would then have to make a mandatory defense against undefeated challenger Joseph 'JoJo' Diaz (25-0, 13 KOs).

"Champion Gary Russell will defend his title in February, and then make his mandatory defense against JoJo Diaz," Sulaiman said.

Russell has been very inactive for the last few years.

After fighting three times in 2014, he's only seen action once a year in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

In March of 2015, Russell easily knocked out Mexican veteran Jhonny Gonzalez to capture the WBC featherweight title.

He came back ten months later in April 2016, to easily demolish Patrick Hyland in the second round of a voluntary defense.

And then he didn't fight again until thirteen months later, when he secured a seven round stoppage over mandatory challenger Oscar Escandon in May 2017.

Diaz on the other hand, has been very active. He fought five times in 2015, four times in 2016 and twice in 2017.

The two appearances last year were part of major pay-per-views. He won a ten round decision on Cinco De Mayo weekend over Manuel Avila as part of the Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. undercard at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Diaz was back at T-Mobile on September 16, when he dominated Rafael Rivera over twelve rounds as part of the Canelo vs. Gennady Golovkin.

A bout between Russell and Diaz will be interesting, because of their promotional ties and network alliances. Diaz is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and fights on HBO, while Russell is advised by Al Haymon and fights on Showtime. Golden Boy and Haymon have done very little business with each other since parting ways from a long relationship in early 2015.

If the WBC issues an order and the two sides are unable to reach an agreement, then a purse bid will settle the matter.

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeaux-forced-pursue-fights-126-says-manager--123989

Rigondeaux May Be Forced To Pursue Fights at 126, Says Manager
Alex Bornote, manager for former world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0-1, 11 KOs), believes his boxer will now have a very difficult time securing fights at 122-pounds - after getting stripped of his WBA world title.

Rigondeaux moved up by two weight division last month, and was stopped in the sixth round by WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko. It was the first ever meeting in boxing history between two, two-time Olympic gold medal winners.

The WBA had warned him, that a loss against Lomachenko would forced them to remove him of his world title.

Bornote admits that Rigondeaux underestimated the weight difference, as he gave up eight pounds by going up by two divisions. He says the Cuban fighter could still make 118-pounds if needed.

"I didn't think it would be such a horrible performance," Bornote said to ESPN. "It's another nail in his coffin in his career. It's the Rigo story. Never have I ever seen such a thing. He has no luck at all.

"He doesn't feel all that great right now. He didn't think the weight difference would be such a big deal, but Lomachenko is a very special talent, a great boxer. And Rigo also hurt his hand, so he was at a big disadvantage."

Bornote said Rigondeaux was forced to move up to 130-pounds for Lomachenko, because nobody would fight him at 122.

Now the manager fears that Rigondeaux will be unable to get any fights at 122, and that will force his boxer to pursue more dangerous opponents at the featherweight limit of 126-pounds.

"It was hard enough for Rigo to get a fight when he had a world title, so now imagine what it's going to be like without a title. But he's definitely going back to his weight class at 122 pounds or maybe 126 pounds," Bornote said.

"He's really a natural 118-pounder, but in this market, with the opponents out there, we might have to also consider fighting at 126 pounds."

SMH.. This quitting ass nigga had chance to sign w/ Haymon but instead he chose to have these amateurs to advise him...

http://www.boxingscene.com/showtime-sports-prez-white-we-t-release-fake-numbers--124051

Showtime Sports Prez To White: We Can't Release Fake Numbers!

A few days ago, UFC President Dana White lashed out at Showtime - stating that he would never again take part in a working relationship with the network.

White's company came together with Showtime last year, to promote the anticipated pay-per-view fight between former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather and UFC superstar Conor McGregor - which took place last August at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

According to a press release from Showtime in December, the pay-per-view generated generated 4.3 million buys in North America - officially making it the second largest pay-per-view event of all time behind Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, which set the North American pay-per-view mark at 4.6 million buys in 2015.

The UFC executive is claiming that Showtime, for whatever reason, is underplaying the buy figures of the Mayweather-McGregor card.

The theory - from the White point of view - is Showtime is straying away from a scenario where a UFC fighter stepped in the ring for his first boxing match and that match broke boxing's biggest pay-per-view buyrate record.

Showtime is owned by a publicly traded company, so that kind of allegation by White would mean there are federal crimes being committed - which is unlikely with the numerous regulators who audit the financial figures to ensure proper information for the stock owners.

He believes the fight certainly surpassed the Mayweather-Pacquiao buy figures - an event that saw the distribution handled by a rare partnership between Showtime and HBO.

"Think about this, and I don't give a sh*t about Showtime's f***ing, full of sh*t press release that they put out - it's the biggest fight ever, ever in combat sports history. The thing did over 6.7 million buys [worldwide] and if the service didn't drop, we would have gotten closer to 7 million. It was the biggest event ever. It was the biggest boxing event ever without a boxer, there was only one boxer in that fight," White told Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.

Showtime's press release was specifically geared towards the buy figures in North America.

"Which I still question," said White.

"The way that they handled that press release and what they did - I didn't trust them before and now I just despise those f***ing guys. The Showtime guys, I will never work with them again - ever."

Espinoza appeared on Sirius XM radio - and said his network is unable to release fake numbers, because the company has regulations and auditors who go over everything on behalf of the shareholders.

The head of Showtime Sports said the network can’t release inaccurate numbers just to placate the UFC.

“Dana has got a certain style and it’s very successful for him,” Espinoza said. “The one thing I’ll point out — I don’t want to get too much into a back and forth — but we’re a public company and there are regulations, there are legal requirements. We can’t put out press releases giving fake numbers. We have shareholders. We have millions of shareholders.

“When we put something on it, when we say, ‘Here’s a Showtime Sports press release from Mayweather-Pacquiao or Mayweather-Mayweather,’ that has gone through lawyers and everyone has looked at it. It’s factual.”

As reported numerous times on BoxingScene.com, White has discussed his plans to enter the boxing market in 2018.

While White has no intention of working with Showtime, Espinoza would welcome the idea of televising boxing events by White's company.

The UFC, when they took over ownership of Strikeforce, worked with Showtime for a brief period of time.

“I think it would be incredibly arrogant for me to put personal animosity ahead of something that fight fans want,” Espinoza said. “If fight fans say they want to see another [UFC vs. boxing matchup], who am I to say, ‘Nope, I don’t like the guy across the table, so you’re not gonna see it.’ That’s one of the things that’s been wrong with combat sports and boxing in particular in the past.

“I don’t have to be best friends with everybody I do business with. That’s not how business works. Can you come together as gentlemen, as smart people and get a deal done? That’s the real question.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxing-fan-cracked-with-85000-bill-over-illegal-facebook-stream--124054

Boxing Fan Cracked With 85,000 Bill Over Illegal Facebook Stream

According to report in The Mirror, a boxing fan was hit with an £85,000 demand after his Ipad was used as a device to stream a Sky Sports pay-per-view from April 2016, featuring Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko, to 4,250 people on Facebook.

Craig Foster, 34, paid £19.95 to watch the sell-out Wembley bout on Sky at home with friends.

Foster claims that one his friends the IPad, brought up Facebook Live, and pointed it at the TV to stream the event.

Sky was able to track Foster down from a watermark of his account number which flashed up on screen during the fight.

The network cancelled his subscription – and sent him an £85,000 demand for the loss in revenue from pay-per-view sales.

“I’d paid for the boxing, it wasn’t like I was making any money. My iPad was signed in to my Facebook account and my friend just started streaming the fight," Foster told the paper.

“I didn’t think anything of it, then a few days later they cut my subscription. They’re demanding the names and addresses of all my mates who were round that night but I’m not going to give them up. I said I’d take the rap.

“They’re making an example of me. I know streaming the fight was wrong. I didn’t stop my friend but I was watching the boxing. I’m just a bloke who had a few drinks with his friends.”

Law firm Foot Anstey LLP, who represent Sky, also ordered Foster to pay £5,000 in legal costs or face court over the full amount.

The lawyers also demanded an apology “to use in education materials concerning unlawful redistribution of programmes.”

“It’s heavy-handed. I’ve apologised and told them we were drunk,” Foster said.

Neil Parkes, of Foot Anstey, said: “Mr Foster broke the law. He has acknowledged his wrongdoing, apologised and signed a legally binding agreement to pay a sum of £5,000 to Sky.”

B76374F3-4AC0-499D-BBE0-FF714C5DFBB9.gif

"I'm just a bloke who had a few drinks with some friends"

links

Back