Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Fuck I'll be round here for now.

This was a great year for boxing. Can't wait to see how 2018 transpires.

@Playmaker88 I need my money back. Coming for yo ass on the next fight I feel comfortable with lol

lol yo owed me anyhow for the robbery.cant remember if we bet twice on kova/ward

(go get ya money from @AP21 you get 100k for signing up..)

you owe me 10k for putting you on though

*summoning ap or any other admin = consent to this contract*

Last edited:
http://www.boxingscene.com/danny-garcia-im-ready-take-over-welterweight-division--123706

Danny Garcia: I'm Ready To Take Over The Welterweight Division!

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, former world super lightweight and welterweight world boxing champion Danny Garcia (33-1, 19 KOs) returns from the first loss of his career in February against former world champion Brandon Rios, it was announced a few days ago.

The fight will headline a February 17the Showtime televised card at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas that also includes unbeaten David Benavidez making his first World Boxing Council super middleweight title defense in a rematch with Ronald Gavril.

Garcia, 33-1 with 19 knockouts, suffered the first defeat of his career last March, dropping a split decision to fellow American Keith Thurman at Brooklyn in a unification showdown for the World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association welterweight crowns.

Garcia has no problem with the time off, and believes that he physically needed it.

Now he's vowed to fight and beat the top fighters who are currently holding belts at 147-pounds.

"I was the reigning champion for six years, so I needed the rest. I'm ready to kick off the year in style and take over the welterweight division," Garcia said.

In his last fight, a welterweight clash of world title holders, Garcia lost via split decision to now unified WBC, WBA world champion Keith Thurman in a hard-fought fight.

Now he's going against the 31-year-old Rios, who is 34-3 with one draw and 25 knockouts. The former WBA lightweight champion dropped three of his past six starts, including a 2013 Macao matchup against Manny Pacquiao, but won his most recent bout by knocking out Mexico's Aaron Herrera this past June after a 19-month layoff.

Because of their styles, Garcia expects fireworks from the sound of the first bell.

"What's interesting in this fight with Brandon Rios is our styles. We both like to come forward. This kind of matchup will bring out the best in both of us. I'm excited to be back in Las Vegas. I've had some of my best performances and some of my biggest fights there. I beat Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan in Vegas. You fight in Las Vegas, you're a superstar," added Garcia.

http://www.boxingscene.com/bernstein-lomachenko-target-berchelt-davis-not-ready--123748

Bernstein: Lomachenko Should Target Berchelt, Davis Not Ready

Showtime Sports expert analyst Al Bernstein does not believe former champion Gervonta Davis is ready to fight Vasyl Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs), who holds the WBO super featherweight title.

Recently, Lomachenko has been taking shots at Davis through social media. The targeting of Davis was strange, because the young boxer has been out of the ring since August, does not hold a title, and Lomachenko made it clear that he wants to unify the division.

Davis and his promotional team, led by Floyd Mayweather, do not appear very interested in that bout.

Bernstein feels Davis is not experienced enough for that bout, and Lomachenko should instead target someone like WBC world champion Miguel Berchelt - who is very active and face a higher level of competition when compared to Davis.

"I think there’s some fights at 130lbs. I’d like to see him fight Berchelt who has one of the championships. He moved up to 130lbs recently, so I don’t see a reason why he can’t have a fight at 130 against somebody like Berchelt maybe. I don’t think Gervonta Davis will fight him, he’s not quite ready for Lomachenko in my opinion anyway, and there’s promotional difficulties there," Bernstein told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

Other options Bernstein would like to see, is Lomachenko moving up in weight to the lightweight ranks to take on world champions Jorge Linares and Mikey Garcia - who are regarded as the top dogs in that weight division.

"Berchelt is potentially doable under the right circumstances, in terms of business, and I think that would be a really interesting fight. At lightweight, there are fighters that are available that are interesting, Jorge Linares, Mikey Garcia. Linares is a more makable fight, Garcia would take more machinations to make it happen. Mikey Garcia vs Lomachenko could be built into something quite special, if Garcia could be at 135lbs. If Lomachenko could beat Linares at 135lbs, can you imagine how big that would make the fight?," Bernstein said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/salido-lomachenko-no-mas-boring-bores-opponents--123820

Salido: Lomachenko is 'No Mas Boring' - Bores Opponents

Former world champion Orlando “Siri” Salido has once again produced a fight of the year candidate, as his battle with Miguel “Micky” Roman on December 9 in Las Vegas was nominated by numerous outlets as one of the best fights of 2017.

Salido was stopped in the ninth round and retired after the fight, but changed his mind four days later and plans to return to the ring in the coming months.

“I am very grateful and humbled to hear these things said about my fight. I know that I could have done better, but the night against Roman I gave the best I had and will continue to do so, as long as I can. I am very happy the fans and media enjoyed the fight and look forward to giving them more thrills in 2018," said Salido.

On that same December night, Salido's main rival, WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko, was in action in New York City and picked up a one-sided sixth round stoppage victory over Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Lomachenko vs. Rigondeaux was the first ever battle between two two-time Olympic gold medal winners.

While the fight was historic, it lacked action and left a sour taste in most mouths when Rigondeaux quit at the end of the sixth round and claimed a left hand injury.

“I always give the fans the best fights that I can. Win, Lose or Draw the fans know that they are going to get their money’s worth. Boxing is entertainment and the fans deserve to be entertained. Not sure what Lomanchenko and Rigondeaux was, but it sure wasn’t entertainment. I keep hearing it was historic, it might have been that since it was the first time a guy hurt his hand in a ring without landing a punch and another one wins a fight without landing a significant one,” said Salido.

“I think 'No Mas Boring' is a better nickname for Lomachenko. He should go in there and fight and take care of business and not wait till the other guy gets bored in there. He might be the best boxer in the world but is not even close to been the best fighter in the world."

Back