Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Thurman started off as the betting favorite. Now Pac is all of a sudden the favorite on the bettingsites. Personally I think this is a 50/50 fight.

Dubois vs Gorman tonight. Looking forward to this match-up. Two young up and coming heavyweights. I've got Dubois by KO/TKO. Joyce vs Jennings is also an interesting fight.

I cant wait for this fight... Very early in each of their careers so a loss wont hurt eithers career too much, its good to have younger prospects actually fight eachother... Both are very young in heavyweight years too, Dubois especially as he is about 2 years younger than Gorman...

Im hoping for a Dubois win (though i like both fighters) but Gorman's movement is very slick and could give Dubois a nightmare... Gorman is actually Fury's cousin and fights/moves very similar...

Khan: I Want Pacquiao Next, I Hope He Comes To Saudi Arabia

Amir Khan has set his sights on eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao after breezing past Billy Dib to claim the WBC international welterweight title in Saudi Arabia.

The British fighter outgunned an inferior opponent in every department at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.

Dib’s corner threw in the towel after Khan showed his hand speed to floor the Australian for the second time with a flurry of body shots.

Dib stepped in to face Khan at short notice and had to put on 17lbs to face the welterweight.

Speaking after the fight to broadcaster talkSPORT, Khan said: “We want the Manny Pacquiao fight, let’s hope he comes to Saudi Arabia.

“Hopefully we come back again at the end of the year and bring Manny Pacquiao here. I felt very comfortable in there. Obviously having a new trainer, Bones Adams.

“We had to work on a strategy, I slowed myself down a little bit instead of rushing all the time. I was seeing everything, making sure I was putting in the right shots, I felt very comfortable in there.”

The 32-year-old from Bolton was back in the ring for the first time since his controversial WBO welterweight title defeat to Terence Crawford in April.

He was originally scheduled to meet Neeraj Goyat.

But Indian Goyat was forced to pull out after suffering serious injuries in a car accident in June, leaving Dib, a former IBO super-featherweight and IBF featherweight champion, to move up the weights and step in.

Pacquiao is back in the ring next Saturday night when he faces Keith Thurman for the WBA welterweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Claressa Shields: In Boxing, I Would Put Amanda Nunes To Sleep!

Undisputed middleweight champion Claressa Shields (9-0) is very confident that she can defeat two-division UFC champion, Amanda Nunes, if they fight in a boxing ring.

Earlier this year, Shields dominated Christina Hammer to unify the WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF world titles.

Nunes has been on a violent tear as of late in the UFC - knocking out Ronda Rousey, Meisha Tate, Shields' close friend Cris Cyborg, and last Saturday she needed one round to put away Holly Holm, who several years ago was regarded as one of the best female fighters in the world.

Nunes is now being regarded by most as the best female MMA fighter of all-time.

While Shields admits that she wouldn't do very well in the UFC's octagon, she is very confident in her chances to knock Nunes out if they squared up in a boxing ring.

"They are calling her the greatest MMA fighter of all-time, not the greatest fighter. I'm the GWOAT, the greatest woman fighter of all-time. She ain't been to the Olympics two times. I've been to the top of the world two times. And I'm not putting myself against Amanda because we're both woman athletes. Actually I praise her like I praise Cris (Cyborg)," Shields told TMZ Sports.

"She's the greatest women's fighter in MMA and I'm the greatest women's fighter in boxing. And if we were to fight, I would win. That's what I think. [In MMA I wouldn't win], I can't wrestle. But in boxing, yeah [I would win], Amanda Nunes would go to sleep."

Back in 2017, boxing and mixed martial arts saw a mega-fight happen, when former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather came out of retirement to stop UFC superstar Conor McGregor in the tenth round of a boxing match. The fight generated the second highest buyrate in pay-per-view history.

Commentator a fucking claffy

Jennings doing good work. This a close fight. Joyce not getting enough shots through. Jennings doing all the clean work which offsetting the volume. Jennings should push the pace champ rounds

I fucking hate the way joycefights and throws a punches Jennings hasn't tried to fight to win for yeara

I think Jennings looks decent, I forgot how hard he actually punches he carries good snap too... Just needs to show a few more angles and urgency hes defo hurt Joyce to the body a few times...

Joyce is so one paced I thought Adam Booth might be able to get abit more snap in his punches... He has a good chin thats for sure but I can see him getting stopped to the body or on his feet as he steps up...

Still the fight may be wide on the cards but theres not TOO much in each round...

Jennings won the fight. I could see a draw, possible close win for Joyce with the bullshit deduction

Jennings could have helped his cause by getting on his toes more but I’m not giving a dude the fight for just throwing punches. He did enough to win. I’m sure he knew what it was so no excuses but he needed a KO based on the scoring

Pretty much all the clean head shots was coming from Jennings. Other than his good workrate Joyce is painful to watch. Slow, easy to hit..etc.

Finally the main event....let's see what these guys are made of.

Very good showing by dubois. he could have used his jab more angled off..and punched through his guard that right hand is concussive Gorman has a chin.. totally outclassed him.. he smothered some of his punches too id like to see more body work from him.. he is on the radar.. make him vs Joyce

he is on solid ground for being so young.. a powerful puncher that uses his jab might as well be a unicorn

Last edited:
Very good showing by dubois. he could have used his jab more angled off..and punched through his guard that right hand is concussive Gorman has a chin.. totally outclassed him.. he smothered some of his punches too id like to see more body work from him.. he is on the radar.. make him vs Joyce

he is on solid ground for being so young.. a powerful puncher that uses his jab might as well be a unicorn
Dubois' bodywork is the thing I love most. My criticism of heavyweights is too often they just headhunt. Wilder and Joshua are headhunters. Fury for all his slick work and angles doesn't go to the body.

Dubois has a good jab, good power and is consistent to the body. I worry he has a lack of head movement but he has all the fundamentals to get to the top. Him and Ajagba got next

Dubois looked a class above. Beat him to the jab and dominated the fight from start to finish. Dubois is a very good prospect and great composure for his age. He's still only 21 with 12 fights so there's no need to rush but I wonder what's next for him. I think they'll be looking for a top 20 guy.

Dubois looked a class above. Beat him to the jab and dominated the fight from start to finish. Dubois is a very good prospect and great composure for his age. He's still only 21 with 12 fights so there's no need to rush but I wonder what's next for him. I think they'll be looking for a top 20 guy.

I think he will get atleast 3 defences of the British title so he can keep it outright, like you said theres no need to rush him... I dont think he will face Joyce anytime soon, Joyce was suppose to be in against him or Gorman last night (cant remember which one) but he vacated his position in a rush to move up the rankings quicker being he is about 10 years older than these two... I DDD fighting Kash Ali, Nick Webb maybe even David Price if he loses to Dave Allen on the Whyte undercard, but that could be a risky fight, maybe fight Price before the steps up to fringe world if he shows he is better than British, Commonwealth and European level...

Shows the power that Dubois has, it looked like the double jab did most of the damage before he landed the right hand for the finish...

Last edited:
Back