Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm reading that bivol is up 3-0 but struggling to find a stream

Spence jumped over all them dudes afraid to fight him, nigga bout to get that pay per view money.. I bet they start tryna call him out now..

Bivol got great footwork.

And actuate punching.

But lack of power and no chin is dangerous. Smith tagged him a few times, and almost got the upset without ever winning a round

WTF??

https://www.boxingscene.com/caleb-plants-mother-shot-killed-by-deputy-cheatham--136936

Caleb Plant's Mother Shot and Killed By Deputy in Cheatham

Fox News in Tennessee reports that 51-year-old Beth Plant - mother of IBF super middleweight champion Caleb Plant - was shot and killed by a deputy in Cheatham County.

According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, paramedics were transporting Beth Plant to the hospital early Saturday morning when she allegedly became combative and pulled a knife from her backpack.

The ambulance driver pulled over on New Hope Road and Highway 41A and called for police.

The TBI states in their reports that when the Cheatham County Sheriff's Office arrived, Beth Plan allegedly brandished the knife on a deputy - who shot her. She died from the sustained injuries at the hospital.

Caleb acknowledged the passing on social media Saturday, "Love you forever and always momma. You always told me “work hard bubba” and I did."

No details have been given regarding why Beth Plant was being treated by paramedics.

An investigation is ongoing.

Caleb Plant, who had a very rough upbringing, achieved his dream when he captured the IBF world title in January with a gutsy decision win over Jose Uzcategui, who went down twice in the contest.

Yo that just fucked me up....

Like he ain't even black.... But this nigga gotta kneel.

They shot her in an ambulance??

I heard nothing reported about how long they spent on descalation.

It sounds they pulled up, saw a lady with a knife and started bucking.

They should let Caleb get the cop bare knuckle for one round. See if he punch grown men as fast as he shoots women

After watching Porter vs Ugas again, i could have seen the fight going either way. Ugas was faster than Porter but he relied a little too much on counter punching. And any time he pushed the action Porter got the better of the action early. So when Ugas realized he was quick enough to counter Porter coming in, he tried to bait him the reat of the fight with taunting.

So he made an ajustment to focus on countering. He got a lot of good body shots in that seemed to hurt Porter, but he was getting countered too. Porter's jab won him the fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-haymon-want-risk-his-boxers-losing-ours--136988

Arum: Haymon Doesn't Want To Risk His Boxers Losing To Ours!

By Radio Rahim

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum believes Al Haymon, who created the Premier Boxing Champions banner, has no interest in making fights with other promoters.

Haymon and Arum have been at odds for a very long time and rarely come together to make big fights.

Their respective companies have exclusive content deals with rival networks. Haymon has deals with Showtime and FOX Sports, while Arum's company is aligned with ESPN.

The most recent snafu took place in the heavyweight division.

WBC world champion Deontay Wilder, who is managed by Haymon, was close to finalizing a rematch with Tyson Fury - but then Fury signed a co-promotional agreement with Top Rank and ESPN.

Fury's deal with ESPN made the rematch negotiations a bit more complicated and the negotiations eventually fell apart after ESPN felt it was better to have the British boxer take an interim-fight.

"We would like their [PBC] fighters to fight our fighters and we've said that repeatedly. And [Haymon] said 'well I'm not going to give you all of my fighters to fight on ESPN' and I said 'no, we'll work something out.' It doesn't all have to be on ESPN. If you want one of our fighters to fight one of your fighters on FOX, that's acceptable. But you have to sit down and you have to have dialogue," Arum explained to BoxingScene.com.

"The truth is, Haymon doesn't want dialogue, Haymon wants an island onto himself. That's his strategy. He doesn't want to operate with other promoters. But that's his choice and he's not violating any law if he does that."

One of the biggest fights that Arum and Haymon could make - is a welterweight unification between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence.

"I can make a deal in five minutes that's fair with Haymon, but I don't think Haymon wants to do it. There is a whole psychological thing, where he doesn't want to risk his fighters losing to our fighters," Arum said.

Al Haymon stays on Scammer Bob’s mind...

Back