Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Fury vs Usyk: Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
That’s what it took for GGG to get dudes in the ring but I’m against it

Go in there and destroy the dude and with the platform, declare himself the best fighter in the world. Make his intentions to unify the division clear.

Call out Manny, it’ll get more reactions. Keith Thurman trying to talk his way into a Manny fight but Spence might actually be the last biggest payday for Manny cause assuming he destroy Mikey, Manny the underdog might help really sell that fight

Forget them other dudes, Errol gotta make himself the show so dudes at least do it for a check

Spence vs Manny is a way bigger fight than Manny vs Thurman.

You 100% right that Spence should blow Garcia out as early as possible and make himself the show.

Spence in best position imaginable.

Floyd ain't carry JMM

Crush that nigga totally..... Call everybody out.

https://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-joshua-vs-oleksandr-usyk-2020-says-hearn--136456

Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Will Be in 2020, Says Hearn

Eddie Hearn expects Anthony Joshua to fight cruiserweight king Oleksandr Usyk next year.

It is anticipated that undisputed cruiserweight champion Usyk will make the step up to the heavyweight division in 2019.

Hearn, Joshua's promoter, says the WBO, WBA, IBO and IBF heavyweight title-holder could well do battle with the Ukrainian in a mandatory bout next year.

Asked if the Briton and Usyk might step into the ring together this year, Hearn told Sky Sports: "No. That fight comes in 2020."

He added: "Usyk will fight in May, probably in his heavyweight debut, potentially against Alexander Povetkin.

"Then he'll have one more. Then it looks like the WBO will make him mandatory for Anthony Joshua. I see that fight happening in spring 2020."

Joshua's next assignment is a United States debut against Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden on June 1.

Usyk had a banner year in 2018 - which saw him receive Fight of The Year honors from most boxing outlets. He unified the entire cruiserweight division and won the first World Boxing Series Cruiserweight tournament. He saw action three times, all three bouts in hostile territory, and picked up victories over Murat Gassiev, Mairis Briedis and a brutal knockout of Tony Bellew.

Usyk signed a co-promotional agreement with Hearn's Matchroom Sport - for the sole purpose of secure a crack at Joshua and other Hearn promoted heavyweights.

Both Joshua and Usyk captured Olympic gold in the 2012 London games. Joshua won gold at super heavyweight, while Usyk picked up his prize at heavyweight. Usyk was initially rumored to start his career in the heavyweight division, but decided to start his pro run as a cruiserweight - with a move to heavyweight always being a future goal on his list.

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-miller-raise-rivalry-level-with-fiery-trash-talk--136412

Joshua, Miller Raise The Rivalry Level With Fiery Trash Talk
By Jake Donovan

The request for civility from event promoter Eddie Hearn didn’t matter to Anthony Joshua or Jarrell Miller, nor the history surrounding the forthcoming clash of unbeaten heavyweights at New York City’s famed Madison Square Garden.

At some point while in the vicinity of one another during Tuesday’s press conference at MSG, things were bound to turn south.

A kickoff presser to announce the June 1 headliner on DAZN—which marks Joshua’s U.S. and MSG debut—was designed to recognize the rich history that came with heavyweight championship boxing at the venue dubbed ‘The World’s Most Famous Arena.’ Hearn did his best to get both heavyweights to act on their best behavior, even directly demanding as much prior to the start of the presser.

All it took was for the two to meet on stage for the obligatory face-off for things to jump off in the wrong direction.

Brooklyn’s Miller (23-0-1, 20KOs) was introduced first, treating the moment as a disrespect given the fight is taking place mere miles from his hometown. He immediately took it out on England’s Joshua (22-0, 21KOs), who walked onto the stage and towards his future challenger with his hands behind his back. Miller caught the defending champ—and everyone else around them—off guard by shoving him several feet backwards.

It wasn’t quite Mike Tyson igniting a full-scale brawl with Lennon Lewis which prompted a two-month delay and near nationwide ban of their eventual June 2002 superfight—but it certainly didn’t do anything to enhance what Tuesday’s session was supposed to represent.

Their forthcoming title clash will mark the first time in nearly 50 years where two unbeaten heavyweights meet in a title fight at Madison Square Garden. The last such occasion is the most famous boxing event to ever take place at the venue, when Joe Frazier outpointed Muhammad Ali in their first meeting in March 1971 aptly dubbed “The Fight of the Century.”

Of course, there wasn’t any shortage of trash talk between Ali and Frazier over the course of their historic trilogy—and well beyond their years in the ring.

Then again, nobody will ever confuse Joshua and Miller for two of the greatest heavyweights of all time no matter how many historical parallels can be drawn. So far, neither side has exactly put their best foot forward.

“He didn’t want this fight first,” Miller insisted during his time behind the mic. “He wanted to fight (England’s Dillian) Whyte. That’s fact. His cheap ass didn’t want to pay nothing.

“The more that you understand what boxing is… all that humble, that fake shit – he puts it on. Boxing is not a humble sport.”

Miller is certainly not a humble individual when it comes to baiting his heavyweight rivals. He literally talked his way into this matchup, dating back to when the two exchanged unpleasantries in person last summer when Joshua first announced he was heading to DAZN. Miller went deep in his efforts to get inside the unified titlist’s head, up to and including disrespecting Joshua’s mother, a topic which was revisited on Tuesday.

Trash talk is rarely a factor on fight night, but for now has given the unbeaten Brit plenty of reason to not at all care for his next challenger.

“Jarrell Miller is a little bitch,” stated Joshua, a 2012 Olympic Gold medalist who will make the seventh defense of at least one alphabet title he’s held since April 2016. “I’m gonna knock him the f*** out. He’s an ex-kickboxer, a drug abuser, he punches like a fairy. He’s the softest puncher in the heavyweight division.”

Fittingly, the least offensive statement from that blurb was what prompted a disruption from the other side.

“Your mom thinks I hit hard, though,” Miller fired back.

“Where’s your mum?” Joshua asked in return. “If she’s out there, I’ll pay her rent now. I’m your landlord.”

Whether just talk or real emotion, Miller was prepared to take it to the next level.

“Say I won’t come over there and slap the shit outcha right now,” demanded the unbeaten challenger, who enters his first major title fight. “You gangsta, say I won’t slap the shit outcha right now.”

“Shut the f*** up,” Joshua replied, shrugging off the remark.

“Say it then! You won’t, you know why,” Miller rhetorically asked. “Because you a pussy. Say I won’t slap you… and mark my word, Eddie can’t stop me from doing it if I come over to that other side of the table.”

It wouldn’t come to that, although cooler heads never quite prevailed. For now, Miller has landed the only scoring blow, but time will tell which side can truly put action behind their unkind words.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jarrell-miller-aj-privileged-spoiled-brat-hes-g-string-joshua--136386

Jarrell Miller: AJ is Privileged, Spoiled Brat - He's 'G-String' Joshua

Heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller believes Anthony Joshua is a spoiled individual who is not really a product of the street.

Miller is scheduled to challenge Joshua for his WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO heavyweight titles on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Miller has been calling for this fight for at least two years, and now he gets his chance.

Miller was not Joshua's first, second or third chance.

Joshua's handlers made attempts to secure WBC champion Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury and even Dillian Whyte - and all three were targeted for an April date at Wembley Stadium in London.

When those options fell out, the focus shifted to Joshua making his United States debut - and Miller became the prime candidate, due to his hometown being Brooklyn and his great ability to spew pre-banter to sell an event.

“He’s a privileged spoiled brat and I’m from the grit of the street, I was born for this,” Miller told Telegraph Sport.

“Everything I’ve got, I’ve earned. Nothing has been given to me like it was for him in the Olympics. Like I said before, he’s fighting a different animal.I’m 300 pounds of lean, mean, fighting machine. It’s Big Baby versus ‘G-String’ Joshua. He’ll get his knickers in a twist when I go at him.

“He’s definitely underestimating me a bit, because I wasn’t his first choice to fight. He didn’t want to come over with the money to fight me, but the [DAZN] network and (promoter) Eddie Hearn made it happen.

“He was kind of shocked by it. He’s never been in with nobody like me before. It’s hard to find sparring partners for me. A 300-pound guy that uses his body and throws as many punches as I do. It’s going to be impossible. When it comes to June 1, it’ll be a rude awakening.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-we-sending-out-tremendous-offer-deontay-wilder--136430

Arum: We Are Sending Out Tremendous Offer To Deontay Wilder
By Jake Donovan

In the wake of growing concern over Tyson Fury’s alignment with Top Rank and ESPN potentially ruining plans for a rematch with Deontay Wilder, Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum is doing his best to assure the public of the exact opposite to be true.

The founder and CEO of Top Rank has steadily insisted that his company’s involvement—which includes a long-term deal with leading sports platform ESPN—can only sweeten the pot for a planned sequel between the pair of unbeaten heavyweights. Representatives for Wilder and Fury have been in talks almost immediately following their Showtime Pay-Per-View thriller last December, which ended in a widely disputed 12-round draw.

A deal was believed to be far enough along to where an announcement was expected to come as early as this week. That storyline endured an unexpected plot twist when England’s Fury (27-0-1, 19KOs) and promoter Frank Warren instead revealed on Monday a reached co-promotional agreement with Top Rank, and with all of his future fights to air live on BT Sport in the United Kingdom and on ESPN platforms in the United States.

Wilder (40-0-1, 39KOs) fights under the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) banner, a conglomerate who does its business with Showtime and Fox Sports in the United States. On the other side of the pond, PBC entered a lucrative agreement with ITV, with the first fight under that relationship due to launch this Saturday with the long-awaited grudge match between Chris Eubank Jr. and James DeGale.

Whereas PBC is contractually bound to Showtime, Fox Sports and ITV, Wilder insists he is free to fight wherever the best deal resides. “Of course, it’s always where the money is that’s gonna make the fight right,” the unbeaten heavyweight titlist declared during a recent podcast interview with Tha Boxing Voice. “I’m a (network) free agent; I can fight anyone. I just don’t have to necessarily fight on the networks that I’m on. I can fight anywhere. That’s what so great about me.”

It’s also great to those on the ESPN side of the street, as they are fully prepared to secure the services of the undefeated Alabama native.

“Deontay Wilder himself said that as far as networks are concerned, he is a free agent,” Arum noted Wednesday morning on ESPN’s Sportscenter. “Today. we are sending out an offer to Deontay Wilder, which will also go to his manager Shelly Finkel and his adviser Al Haymon making this offer—which is a tremendous one—to do the fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.”

Calls and emails requesting comment from Finkel and appropriate PBC representatives went unreturned as this goes to publish.

For his part, Wilder has always spoken fondly of his longtime relationship with Showtime, which has housed eight of his last 12 starts. The 33-year old heavyweight titlist has also fought twice on Fox and once on NBC during that stretch, all coming as part of time-buy deals with PBC whereas his appearances on Showtime were full investments on the part of the industry-leading cable giant.

Despite his going on the record in claiming network free-agent status, it’s clear his loyalty still remains to those who’ve been there all along as well as his career-long adviser and PBC founder Al Haymon.

“(Fury signing with ESPN/BT Sport) don’t really affect me. If he wants to fight (the rematch), then he’s gonna fight,” Wilder insists. “If not, then we move on to the next one.

“We have enough guys in the (PBC) stable that we can fight for the next two years… the great thing is, I can maneuver around and do whatever I want. The rematch is still on the table for him. If he wants it, he wants it. If not, then may God be with him.”

One variable still exists in the World Boxing Council (WBC), whose heavyweight title Wilder has held since Jan. ’15. The Mexico-based sanctioning body offered its blessing for a proposed rematch, then actually ordering the fight with an initial February 5 deadline to reach terms or else be subject to a purse bid hearing.

Both sides requested a one-week extension, which in turn was also postponed indefinitely as the WBC has allowed talks to continue “in good faith.”

A ruling has yet to be made by the WBC, as a meeting is planned with its board once a clear indication is offered on where talks currently reside.

Arum himself has offered mixed signals on the potential of a straight away rematch, previously insisting he’d welcome the fight but also of the belief that separate interim fights can help sweeten the pot for an even bigger event later in the year.

Nevertheless, his ultimate goal is to not be responsible for the rematch not happening at all.

“The public deserves to see the best fights,” Arum insists. “If promoters can't work together to present the best fights, then shame on the promoters.”

DeGale v Eubank Jr this weekend, Im actually buzzing for this fight... Hopefully DeGale is injury free and can pull one (hopefully a few) last performance out the bag... Im not sure how much DeGale left in the tank though...

Eubank Sr. never disappoints haha

Back