Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
There's two hbcu's in Baltimore
One in Delaware, Philly

Shit not a bad move

Only one of those in the ciaa conference..80 percent of conference in NC...I CANT blame em. I live in charlotte and they say city act like they aint want it in bid for the tourney so congrats

Only one of those in the ciaa conference..80 percent of conference in NC...I CANT blame em. I live in charlotte and they say city act like they aint want it in bid for the tourney so congrats
Charlotte got tired of the nigga shit and low attendance to the actual games

https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-loma-fought-davis-leftovers-went-distance--136156

Mayweather: Loma Fought Davis' Leftovers and Went Distance!

Gervonta Davis defended his WBA Super Featherweight World Championship with a thrilling first-round TKO of former world champion Hugo Ruiz before a sellout crowd of 8,048 at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday.

Baltimore’s Davis (21-0, 20 KOs) recorded his eighth career first-round knockout as referee Jack Reiss called off the fight with one second remaining in the first round following a devastating sweeping right hook by Davis connected cleanly and sent Ruiz (39-5, 32 KOs) down to his knees.

Davis, who has now stopped his last 12 opponents, connected on 50 percent of his power punches, just under the 51 percent power accuracy he logged in his last four fights.

The late substitute 32-year-old Ruiz was fighting for the second time in three weeks as he replaced the injured Abner Mares. Ruiz was used to being on the other side of first-round knockouts having recorded 18 of his own during his career.

One of the biggest fights to make for Davis is a showdown with WBA, WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko.

Floyd Mayweather, who promotes Davis, explains that there is no rush for his 24-year-old fighter to pursue a bout with Lomachenko, who turns 31 later this month.

"We're not going to call any particular fighter out, and it's not like we're ducking and dodging anyone. Lomachenko has to fight as many fights as possible, extremely quick, because he's very, very old. Tank is like 10 years or 11 years younger than Lomachenko. Lomachenko will be 40 before you know it," Mayweather said.

"There is no rush. Tank just has to keep doing what he's doing. [Davis] is making the same money that Lomachenko is making - and [Davis] is doing it easier. Lomachenko is a hell of a fighter and I like Lomachenko. But after Tank went and beat the champion up [Jose Pedraza], Lomachenko went and beat Tank's leftovers and he went the distance.

"Tank didn't have to go to the Olympics. Tank didn't have to have 300 amateur fights. Tank went out there and got the job done."

Davis should tell Floyd fuck no. Shit like this is not good and unnecessary for Tank career.

Gervonta Davis vs. Tenshin Nasukawa in April, Says Mayweather
https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-vs-tenshin-nasukawa-april-says-mayweather--136148

Mad I didn't know the Lubin vs Smith fight wasn't going to be televised. That was the fight I wanted to see the most.

Anybody got any video of the fight? Was it streamed on the showtime app or something? WTF!

Last edited:
Davis should tell Floyd fuck no. Shit like this is not good and unnecessary for Tank career.

Gervonta Davis vs. Tenshin Nasukawa in April, Says Mayweather
https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-vs-tenshin-nasukawa-april-says-mayweather--136148

Mad I didn't know the Lubin vs Smith fight wasn't going to be televised. That was the fight I wanted to see the most.

Anybody got any video of the fight? Was it streamed on the showtime app or something? WTF!

Saw it online yesterday. The video is down now though. Lubin looked good and put Smith down like 4 or 5 times. Fights stopped at the opening of the 4th.

He's still a problem at 154. I think his nerves got to him and he just got caught clean by Charlo.

Saw it online yesterday. The video is down now though. Lubin looked good and put Smith down like 4 or 5 times. Fights stopped at the opening of the 4th.

He's still a problem at 154. I think his nerves got to him and he just got caught clean by Charlo.

I was at the Lubin vs Charlo fight live. Young dude just caught cold with a good shot in the first round. It was fluke as shit to me. Lubin might not have a great chin but that shit was way to early in the fight to write Lubin off.

Floyd probably doing what’s in his best interest. He being protected. They using it as a hustle

In who's best interest Floyd or Tank?

Protecting a fighter and making that hustle only works for fighters like Canelo who ain't really protected. Canelo gets favorable scores from judges but he fighting good competition. He waited for GGG to age though.

That protection hustle ain't going to work for Tank unless Tank happy with short money.

Both of them

True on the short money shit but they put so much into the undefeated shit, I don’t think they have a clue how to promote a fighter unless they can build him as unbeatable

Rumors saying Floyd tried to make Diddy pay to come to his club so I don’t know if they really business Savants over there like portrayed

People actually saying why should Devin Haney fight Teofimo Lopez right now. They killing the sport cause they got picks and think they can build fights on showcasing.

Floyd came up off fighting Oscar, what niggas don’t understand is Oscar built his name off bumping with anybody and winning his fair share.

“Make a million or more, you doing better than average” short money in a sense but not when you grew up around poverty

I don't think Floyd really knows how to promote someone else either. Floyd can cause a scene to promote himself but that is different when it comes to getting attention for someone else.

I actually wouldn't make the Haney vs Lopez fight right now either. That also don't mean I would have either on the shit Floyd/Tank seems to be on in terms of competition.

I thought about where Tank came from when I made that short money comment. Tank is probably happy to get a few hundred thousand every couple of months so he can buy shit and stunt instead thinking of the money he could really be making by fighting good to great competitions and winning more than he loses if he even loses at all.

I always remember last year when Floyd and Tank was having issues and Tank was mad at Floyd when he said he heard Floyd was possibly discussing him fighting Loma. Tank basically seemed scared of fighting Loma. Shit was funny.

I remember. tank said Floyd was setting him up in his first title shit and he wasn’t ready even though he blasted dude out. Exactly why I’m confident Gary would put a beating on him despite the size difference if he came up

And I agree on the Lopez-Haney fight not being made at this moment but at the same time, I don’ have a problem if it was. There’s no reason two contenders can’t bump on their way up. Enough of that go on and we got the WW division right now. Mikey having to step up, Algieri having to step up, Lamont having to step up. WW division so hot but nobody in it want a title shot unless Errol ain’t the champ they gotta fight

Fucked up that Floyd lining up weak competition for Tank in order to keep him under his promotional company.

I wouldn't mind seeing Haney vs Lopez now either.

Fighters sooner or later are going to see the money dry up cause of the lack of competitive fights. Truth be told HBO sees WTF is going on and in the long run its a money losing situation honestly. WW is a perfect example of this. Also its a reason why Crawford vs Khan and Spence vs Garcia are PPV fights. These not PPV fights.

I get Spence has a goal at 147 but he should've taken a few fights at 154 just from a better competition standpoint. GGG should've taken some fights at 168 for the same reason.

These young fighters only remember "Money Mayweather" they don't have any idea of who "Pretty Boy Floyd" is and money Mayweather got them fucked up in the head in how getting paid in boxing really works.

Only thing is I disagree on dudes having to leave their division GGG/Spence

It be one thing if other champs wasn’t freezing them out and they were already undisputed but that’s some hoe shit. They holding belts hostages, calling themselves champs and having picks

I don't like it either. I'm just saying from a fan standpoint and to get paid better and become a bigger name fighters like Spence on occasion should take a fight here and there at 154 if need be. I also say that because the belt organizations not stripping these fighters holding belts hostages.

A champ shouldn't be able to fight any fighter who is not in the top 3-5 of any of the abc organizations. Shit like that would help from a competition standpoint.

Another thing I hate is all the hate and blame Haymon gets when no promoter outside of Don King can or could make fighters fight people they don't want to or are scared of. Haymon couldn't make Thurman fight Spence before all the injuries to save his life.

Stephen "Breadman" Edwards did a interview years ago and he said Haymon will get fighters the fights they want. Basically saying if you see a fighter fighting bums or fighting tough fights thats because that is what the fighter and his team wants.

Im late to the party on Efe Ajagba.

But if bruh keeps working he's gonna be a problem. He hasnt fought anyone yet and i dont know what kind of chin he has, but that right hand is deadly. I hope he doesnt get ducked...

Just a heads up guys....

There's a video floating around of me piecing up floyd Sr at the gym in a sparring session....

I ain't try to hurt him, but the nigga is 66...

He just run his mouth so much

Just a heads up guys....

There's a video floating around of me piecing up floyd Sr at the gym in a sparring session....

I ain't try to hurt him, but the nigga is 66...

He just run his mouth so much

Lmao why you beating up senior citizens bro?

Edit: i seen the video. Lol you a fool....

https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-trainer-were-following-mayweather-blueprint--136195

Gervonta Davis Trainer: We're Following Mayweather Blueprint
By Ryan Burton

Gervonta Davis fought just a single time in 2018. Both Davis and Mayweather Promotion's CEO Leonard Ellerbe expect their fighter to have a much more active 2019 campaign.

He was supposed to face Abner Mares on Saturday night but had to settle for Hugo Ruiz who took the fight on short notice after the former three-division champion was forced to pull out of the fight with a detached retina. Tank blasted Ruiz out in the first round of their Showtime televised main event.

After the fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. mentioned that Davis may face kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition in April before returning to the ring in a sanctioned fight in May.

With or without the exhibition bout, the plan is for Davis to fight at least three times in 2019 and be active the way Mayweather was early in his career.

"Well if you look at Floyd's career we are doing the same blueprint that they did. Whatever person that the sanctioning body or the public wants us to fight is who we are going to fight if it makes sense," Davis' trainer Calvin Ford stated.

Ford said that they were focused on Mares but were still able to make the adjustment to fighting the much taller Ruiz on short notice. He said that they trained to be ready for anything but admitted that they would have much rather have fought the much more accomplished Mares.

"No (it didn't effect us) because we prepare for anything that can happen but it hurt us because we were looking forward to that fight. We were really looking forward to it and I hope Mares gets well soon and will be able to continue his career. My prayers go out to him that he has a speedy recovery," Ford said after the fight.

There has been speculation that Davis' May ring return may be a homecoming bout in his hometown of Baltimore, Maryland.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dominic-breazeale-dillian-whyte-ordered-wbc-interim-title--136217

Dominic Breazeale-Dillian Whyte Ordered For WBC Interim-Title

The WBC Board of Governors has voted unanimously to order an interim title in the heavyweight division under the WBC rules and regulations guidelines and protocols.

Dominique Breazeale, with a record of 20-1, became the mandatory contender of the WBC Heavyweight division in November 2017. Breazeale, in an exemplary action, accepted the WBC’s ruling to support the efforts to potentially finalize the fight between Wilder and Joshua throughout 2018 as well as accepting the WBC sanctioning of a voluntary defense of champion Wilder vs Tyson Fury which took place on December 2018.

The WBC’s ruling during the annual convention addressed the Wilder vs Fury match, the potential Wilder vs Joshua match as well as the status of the mandatory obligations of the division.

After the sensational fight between Wilder and Fury, the very close, high level fight which was scored a draw and by the popular demand, the WBC accepted to rule a direct rematch.

In order to provide activity to the heavyweight division and address the rights of Breazeale as mandatory challenger , the WBC is ordering a fight for the interim championship.

The WBC is hereby ordering Dominique Breazeale to fight WBC Silver champion Dillian Whyte for the WBC Interim Heavyweight championship.

Dillian Whyte is the current Silver Champion and has defended with success his championship 3 times in 2018. A former WBC International champion with a record of 25-1 who has expressed “ I know that the road to the Gold is the Silver, Im a proud WBC Silver champion”.

The WBC is celebrating its 56th Anniversary and will continue to work and mediate to try to make the best fights for the fans of the world and we are extremely proud to see the tremendous excitement that exists in the heavyweight division all over the world.

The free negotiations period has begun and if there is no agreement between the parties, the WBC will conduct a purse bid in Mexico City headquarters on Tuesday march 19 2019.

Back