Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.boxingscene.com/jarrell-miller-hearn-keeping-joshua-away-it-happen--132531

Jarrell Miller: Hearn Keeping Joshua Away - But It Will Happen!

Heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller (22-0-1, 19 KOs) was a monster, with nearly 100-pounds of weight over former two-division world champion Tomasz Adamek (53-6, 31 KOs) - which made it no surprise that Miller crushed the Polish veteran in two rounds at the Wintrust Arena in Chicago. (photos by Ed Mulholland).

Miller is now moving forward to a showdown with Fres Oquendo for the WBA "regular" heavyweight title.

Adamek, 41-years-old a former world champion at light heavyweight and cruiserweight, is now at the end of his career. Going into this fight, he won three in a row since getting knocked out by Eric Molina in April 2016.

Both fighters were landing their shots in the first round. Miller's punches were much harder. Adamek was landing good punches to the head and body. He was moving away as Miller was looking to chase him down. Adamek was stung by a big body shot. He managed to stay on his feet and stayed on the move for the rest of the round.

In the second round, Miller went right to work with big shots. He landed two big uppercuts that sent Adamek down for the full count.

“I noticed that my size in coming forward, he missed a couple shots and he was winded from just missing. And so I know he knows I’m this big guy, I’m not going to be a sitting target, I’m going to keep coming forward. Have fun, that was it, go to the body, and mix up the middle a little bit,” Miller said.

And the fight that Miller wants most in 2019, is a showdown with WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs).

“When it comes to boxing, there’s boxing and trying to maneuver. Eddie Hearn is still keeping him away from me right now, but I think the AJ fight is going to come through sooner rather than later. It’s gonna be crazy, I can’t wait,” Miller said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-on-canelo-pacquiao-ggg-confident-ill-sign-one-them--132565

Hearn on Canelo, Pacquiao, GGG: Confident I'll Sign One of Them
By Steve Kim

It's no secret that promoter Eddie Hearn is looking to sign marquee names to feature on DAZN.

And two notable names who are currently unattached in terms of a network are Gennady Golovkin and Manny Pacquiao.

In speaking about Golovkin, Hearn told Boxingscene.com, "I know Tom Loeffler very well, we've done fights together. I've told him about our interest and our desire to get Gennady Golovkin on our platform"

As for 'the Pac Man' who recently ended his association with Top Rank, "We've had chats with Manny Pacquiao,'' stated Hearn, who says he has also inquired with Golden Boy Promotions about Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, who returns on December 15th at the Madison Square Garden in New York against Rocky Fielding, who just happens to be promoted by Hearn.

A decision still has to be made on who will televise Alvarez-Fielding.

"I don't think we're going to get all three," admitted Hearn. "But I'm confident we'll get one of the three. Like I said, we've got extremely deep pockets but it doesn't mean we just go in and waste money, over-pay, because it could affect our business.

"So we've got to be smart, got to be clever but also we know that to add one of these names would have a significant impact on subscriber numbers for DAZN."

Hearn is not the one in the hunt for all three boxers. Showtime is attempting to secure at least one or more of the three names, and Top Rank - who have an exclusive deal with ESPN - are trying to make deals with all three boxers.

Golovkin is looking to return by May of 2019, and Pacquiao has been mentioning a possible defense of his WBA "regular" welterweight title on a date in December.

honestly though....at this stage in their careers.....any combination of Floyd, Broner, Manny, Khan would do big numbers...

if the 4 of them were smart, they'd figure our some kind of series of fights they could do... the fans FOOLS would eat it up...

I would 100% pay to see any of those fights

Crawford, SPence, Thurman, Porter, and still DAnny are the elites at welter right now...

Mikey gonna be there by next year.....

Fixed

@King Du Canelo about to fight at 168 you still claiming he small as fuck? Before you answer let me list the facts

Canelo last fought at 147 in 2010

Fought at 164 catchweight before he fought at 160.

Nigga ain't gonna be as effective at those weighs.

As evident by his competition

lol, name the one time anyone gotta straight answer outta me

LLS
tenor.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-accepts-dillian-whyte-fight-december-22-uk--132573

Luis Ortiz Accepts Dillian Whyte's Offer To Fight on 12/22 in UK
By Ryan Burton

Last week top heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz responded to comments that were made by his rival Dillian Whyte to Sky.

“I offered to fight Ortiz years ago, but he didn’t want to know. He didn’t even want to know this summer and asked for silly money coming off his knockout loss to Wilder, and made it clear that he wouldn’t be ready for July 28, which was the date we had available,” said Whyte.

“Funnily enough it didn’t stop him fighting someone else on that day.”

Ortiz responded by telling BoxingScene.com that Whyte should man up and face him on the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury undercard on December 1st.

“Listen here young man. There is a spot open on this Wilder-Fury card, so why don’t you strap your nuts on and come face me, so I can show you a good ass whooping son,” said Ortiz.

After seeing the story on social media, Whyte tweeted at BoxingScene.com, saying “We can go Dec(ember) 22.”

December 22nd in the United Kingdom is the date locked in for Whyte’s ring return and a rematch against Dereck Chisora is currently beginning negotiated but a fight against Ortiz would be a match up that many fans would like to see.

“After much thought and consideration I accept your challenge. If you won’t come down to USA then I’ll step off the Wilder-Fury card and fly over to the UK and fight you in your own backyard,” Ortiz told BoxingScene.com in an interview translated from Spanish.

“Done deal. Enough talking that rubbish you speak. Send over the contract and I’m there. Now you’ve got yourself a real problem son. So now what are you gonna do?”

Ortiz’s manager Jay Jimenez prefers that his fighter fights in the United States but ultimately gave his client the go ahead and will back him since he is so adamant about facing Whyte next.

“I don’t want the fight. I told Luis no because we already offered him the fight here for the December 1st card and Whyte refused and when the WBC gave him a mandatory against us he also refused so why go on his terms and fly to the UK? That makes no sense. There is only so much I could do. As a manager my job is to give the best advice and be there for my team but he’s a grown man and the truth is the fighter is the boss so at the end they always have the last word. So I guess we will be in UK soon,” explained Jimenez.

And if a fight against Whyte doesn’t pan out Jimenez said, “if not Whyte I would like Luis to face Kubrat Pulev or Alexander Povetkin next.”

Back