Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bitch looks like Shannon sharpe

shannon-shannon-sharpe.gif

I agree with everything you said except the part about Benavidez.. I think Canelo will bring Benavidez output down as the fight goes on and possibly take him out late... Benavidez feet too slow
Possibly, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with Canelo. I called this as a complete mismatch from the start in this thread and on Twitter. He couldn't step it up and get a junior middleweight out of there. Canelo of 3 or 4 years ago would have been able to go up a gear. Benavidez is slowfooted but heavy handed. Canelo don't want those kinds of problems at this stage of his career
Well according to Charlo, the weight they fought at is actually more natural for him.
The same Charlo who immediately after the fight said he's going back down to junior lightweight?

Possibly, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with Canelo. I called this as a complete mismatch from the start in this thread and on Twitter. He couldn't step it up and get a junior middleweight out of there. Canelo of 3 or 4 years ago would have been able to go up a gear. Benavidez is slowfooted but heavy handed. Canelo don't want those kinds of problems at this stage of his career

The same Charlo who immediately after the fight said he's going back down to junior lightweight?
Benavidez is a monster,so im not saying he couldnt win.... but Canelo would pose problems for his style... Benavidez is more of an accumulation puncher...which means he'll be open for counters and he not as quick as Canelo... and won't be hard to find. I think Canelo can make him miss more than the other way around.

Benavidez is a monster,so im not saying he couldnt win.... but Canelo would pose problems for his style... Benavidez is more of an accumulation puncher...which means he'll be open for counters and he not as quick as Canelo... and won't be hard to find. I think Canelo can make him miss more than the other way around.
That's a fair counter point but that's why this fight needs to be made. Canelo was able to walk down Charlo because he had nothing for Canelo at that weight. He didn't feel any of his power. The tables were turned against Bivol because of size and i want to see if the size of Benavidez would cause similar issues, albeit Benavidez isn't an expert with the jab like Bivol.

At this stage of Canelo's career I see Benavidez' size, tenacity and hunger being too much.

That's a fair counter point but that's why this fight needs to be made. Canelo was able to walk down Charlo because he had nothing for Canelo at that weight. He didn't feel any of his power. The tables were turned against Bivol because of size and i want to see if the size of Benavidez would cause similar issues, albeit Benavidez isn't an expert with the jab like Bivol.

At this stage of Canelo's career I see Benavidez' size, tenacity and hunger being too much.
Good points as well... We agree that's the fight to be made. We might have to place a abw bet when it happens

Back