Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
That's the main reason I don't know why anyone believes Wilder would have stood a chance against prime Mike. Wilder's punching is too wild to have ever landed cleanly on Mike at his best. Now if we're talking Mike when he fought Lennox and had largely abandoned the Peek-a-Boo style, I could see Wilder catching Mike and putting him down.
Mad people for some reason don't seem to remember Tyson had crazy defense in the beginning.

When he stopped using that defense and just started head hunting.... That's when he started losing. It's 100% the story of two different fighters

I like the way both are handling the lead-in to this fight. They both have the right mixture of confidence and respect for their opponent. I'll admit the WWE style beefing some fights have leading into them are entertaining, but it's also nice to see two elite fighters going into a fight not trying to tear each other down.
That's why I like Haney

I feel like he'd be down to make any fight. Mainly because he knows he's not the most exciting in the ring so displaying his skills against elite competition is essentially his draw.

The allure of Haney is he can make the best fighters look lost out there. I don't care if there are no knock downs this fight, if Loma can't land punches and stops throwing against Haney the way Paq stopped throwing against Floyd.... The comparisons will come right back around.

They both make elite fighters hesitant to throw and miss A LOT

Mad people for some reason don't seem to remember Tyson had crazy defense in the beginning.

When he stopped using that defense and just started head hunting.... That's when he started losing. It's 100% the story of two different fighters

Facts. I have this convo all the time. People always talk about his power, and I say his power is kinda overrated. He had power, but there are definitely people who hit harder than him. Mike had crazy defense and near perfect technique in his prime. When he abandoned that, he still had power, but that power didn't do much for him when Evander was clinching him or Lennox was using range to keep him at bay.

Back